2014 GMC Sierra 1500

2014 GMC Sierra 1500
Available in 30 styles:  2014 GMC Sierra 1500 4x2 Regular Cab 6.6' box 119" WB shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Overrated transmission and engine

by Pool Guy from Houston, TX | June 15, 2015

This truck has major computer programming issues in the transmission and GMC has no computer update to repair the problem. It hesitates when you accelerate in a turn and when you are driving slow and then accelerate to make a pass or to pick up speed. It feels like a bucking bronco. I hate this 2014 GMC Sierra. This is my 4th GMC Sierra I have owned and this is the worst. Drive this truck for a few days before you buy one, you will be glas you did. This transmission was designed for a 75 year old person who drives on country roads and never drives over 40 mph.

great truck

by MSB870 from Arkansas | March 6, 2015

This is the best truck I have owned so far. I have a 2014 1500 Sierra double cab with the Z71 4x4 package with the 5.3 engine. This engine is plenty powerful for what you need it to do. It has the best gas mileage in it's class so far. The ride quality is smooth like Ram's ride quality and not bouncy and choppy like the Tundra that I had before that. The truck is well designed on the inside and outside and I love the usb ports and light inside the center storage compartment. I love the side steps on the bumper as well as the cargo bed lights. The infotainment center is very nice as well and I have not had any problems so far with it. It paired my Apple iPhone 6 with ease. I love the Sierra's design over Silverado's design since Sierra has a more upscale look. I wished the truck would have come with an under seat storage in the back like most brands have. Buying a gear box at my local truck accessory store took care of that. If there is one thing that GM could do as well as other manufacturers out there and that is please do not put Goodyear Wrangler SRA tires on these trucks. The SRA tires ride rough and have mediocre traction and are not designed for a pick up, SUV maybe, but not a pick up. I replaced the tires with Hankook Dynapro ATM which have excellent traction and smooth ride. This is a worthy truck to own. It is also handy if you have a GM Capital One card which will earn you discounts on GM vehicles. It helped me out.

Just what I needed

by Ronski from Ontario | January 21, 2015

Everything in this truck is well done. Ride is so comfortable. What an improvement. Dash is easy to operate. Not fond of the headlights but that is the only fault. Great buy

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Too many issues for a new vehicle

by Truck owner from | January 12, 2015

2014 GMC Sierra SLT. This vehicle has issues. 3 recalls since new, bottom seat cushion heaters have quit completely, waiting for replacement heaters to come in. The FM radio fades in and out, GM has no idea why. Satellite radio and MP3 work fine. I think long term reliability will not be here with this vehicle.

Best money spent

by Muscle Car Enthusiast from San Antonio, Texas | December 21, 2014

This is my first new truck since 2004. The options blow me away. I wanted all the bells and whistles and I got more than expected. The radio is awesome along wit GPS, sun roof, sliding rear window, seat position memory, pedal adjustment. The room in the entire truck is amazing. I would encourage someone that is looking for a powerful roomy truck they go drive one.

Awesome Truck

by BigEasy from Los Angeles, CA | November 29, 2014

I've had my 2014 5.3L SLT 4X4 Crew for about a week now and I love it. I've had an F-150, Frontier, Tacoma, Ranger but none of these compare to this truck. It is almost perfect. It rides like a Cadillac and it is very practical as a family car. The only thing I don't like is the city driving. I'm averaging 13.5 mpg on the street while mostly driving uphill. Downhill street driving averages about 17mpg. Freeway driving averages about 21-22 which is great for a V8. The truck has the power there when you need it as well. I hope I'm not affected by the recalls on this model. One thing I have noticed is on speed bumps it bounces quiet a bit. Overall it I'm very happy with my purchase.

My dream truck

by Country Boy from Nashville, AR | November 5, 2014

I treated myself to my dream truck. I'm not disappointed. The truck has every option I could ever want and more. I do feel the truck is overpriced like most cars but I was willing to pay the price so I guess I should not complain.

Great truck for the family and the outdoors

by Sean from Colorado | October 2, 2014

We bought a 2014 GMC Sierra SLT Crew and have about 4500 miles on it so far. We've towed 3 ATV's and a Dirt Bike through the mountains and didn't have any issues. The integrated Grade Breaking that's automatic worked great in downshifting with each tap of the break. Tow Haul mode also worked well. Additionally we took the truck to Wyoming for hunting. It averaged 19.1 MPG for the total of 1000 miles. Nearly 400 of these miles were off road through and the highway miles were at 80+ MPH so I consider that a huge win. The only gripes I have (which aren't really anything to complain about) are that it doesn't have blind spot detection other than a small circular mirror and that it doesn't show remaining gas in Gallons on the DIC. It does show remaining miles but I wish it had Gallons used like our previous Sierra.

Uses car for Towing

Recalls and other problem

by Charles from Minnesota | September 9, 2014

I drive a 2014 1500 Sierra all terain 6.2L. The truck is an nice looking and has power for days. On the down side I have had 3 recalls on various fittings and couplers. The huge issue for me is an ignition problem were the key stays in the cranking position not releasing to the run position. GM won't acknowledge the issue and I have been waiting 2 months for a solution. They are going to have to change out the tumbler, which means a new key, in turn means new door locks, tailgate locks, spare tire lock, etc..... I only have 2400 miles and all this has happened. I the end buy a ford or Toyota.

Uses car for Towing

Great Truck, but rusty frame

by Sierrami from Detroit, MI | August 28, 2014

I have had my 2014 Sierra for 6 months now and aside from the rusty frame, I am happy with the truck. I am disappointed that the wax coating used is peeling right off. There is a Technical Service Bulletin out there to ''fix'' this issue. However, all it does is cover over with a paint once localized rust is removed. These frame rails have no Galvanization, and I have more places where I see rust than I can count.