2014 GMC Sierra 1500

2014 GMC Sierra 1500

Available in 30 styles:  2014 GMC Sierra 1500 4x2 Regular Cab 6.6' box 119" WB shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Back to a GMC

by GMC Fan from Roseville, CA | July 15, 2014

I was dead set on buying a F-150 that has great styling on the outside. But once you test drive that vs. the 1500 Sierra, there was no comparison. The interior options for center console, dash and overall styling cues for GMC made the difference that Ford didn't have. I am not a typical person that has to have GM vs. Ford. I have owned a 89' Bronco which I absolutely loved then a Yukon that had more than a 250K miles on it. But when it came to the 2014 selection on trucks, the GMC is leaps and bounds ahead of the pack. The Dodge has nice styling cues and quiet ride & cabin. But they still have major issues with their A/C units under the dash that require full removal. Can only imagine the squeaks that will lead to. GMC has done their research by adding amenities such as hanging file center console for the mobile office that is great for contractor use. Then the power options that include a110 outlet amongst many other power port options. Take a look for yourself, you will not be disappointed. So in the end, I guess I am a big fan as it is 3rd GMC in a row for me unintentionally. Non-biased Fan

The most comfortable truck I have ever had

by PAyala from Duluth, Ga. | July 15, 2014

I have the 2014 SIERRA 1500 CREW CAB STANDARD, take a trip from Duluth, Ga. to Parama City Beach, FL. The distance was 434 miles exato and only has consumed 18 gallons, resulting in 24 MPG at 65-70 MPH... Very happy with the result, also the comfort and safety it's like to drive it. Excellent work of the GMC.

Solid, good looking truck

by Toyota Convert from Swnasea, IL | June 12, 2014

Bought 12/26/13 in Collinsville, IL from Laura Buick-GMC. 4,940 miles and very happy with my 1500 Crew-Cab, 2wd, 4.3L. I decided to switch to a truck as a daily driver and it's an easy vehicle to drive anywhere. Rides great, EXTREMELY quiet cab, easy controls and simply happy to this point. I had an older Ford 250 with a 5.4L triton and this 4.3L v-6 simply has more torque, power and performance, even pulling a trailer. The stepup bumper has been great for my knees. Let's hope a 100,000 miles from know I'm still as satisfied since I converted this vehicle from many years of Toyota usage.

bad design

by Shawn from Vancouver | May 21, 2014

I bought a 2011 GMC sierra new. Seems you need to take the front end apart just to change a headlight. Changing 2 headlights = $500. You need to buy GMC wipers from GMC. Battery died 2 weeks after my warranty expired. Lord knows what else is waiting for me. Cheap truck. Cheap and manipulative construction.

Work and Family Truck

by Truck person from | May 19, 2014

This was the type of truck I was hoping for. When they came out, I was all over it. Love the convenience inside, along with the interior. Still not quite in love with how the seat feels, but it has multiple adjustments. Maybe it just needs to be broken in? Owned my last extended cab for 9 years, and simply loved sitting in the seat, it was that comfortable to me. The gas mileage my new crew cab gets is fantastic, and still have the power available as needed. The seat in the rear is comfortable, legroom is awesome. Overall, I love this truck. Great color my wife picked out.

Overall, an excellent truck.

by Madhatter from Oklahoma City | May 14, 2014

Improvements: -Outstanding interior. Soft touch design and road noise isolation are well ahead of previous 900 series. -Engine power. Much better than the Gen 4 LS engines. Shifts between V4-V8 modes seamlessly. -Handling and road manners are excellent. Electric steering gives just the right amount of feedback. Deficiencies: -Halogen projector headlights are terribly dim. -No rear AC venting in crewcab/doublecab. -DIC fuel use average highly "optimistic". Reports average of 18.7 to 19.5 when actual use is 17.0 to 17.5.

2014 Sierra SLT 4x2

by Jay from Florida | May 13, 2014

Really enjoying the truck. Extremely comfortable, smooth and ultra quiet ride. Good features and, in my opinion a real looker. If I had to complain, wish it had push start/stop and factory HIDs. Headlights aren't great but are not terrible. Really love the truck and would buy again.

To early to tell

by Jimmy from Michigan | May 12, 2014

Nice pick-up kind of what I expected. Very nice dealership , people staff very friendly I only have 500 miles to early to comment on it.

the best ever

by got ice from victoria texas | April 14, 2014

Ordered a Denali 1500 the best truck I have ever owned The 6.2 motor is great. The ride has improved in the last 3 years since I bought a new truck.

2014 GMC Sierra SLE

by slapshot from Lowell, Michigan | April 7, 2014

I've had this truck for a little over 2 months now (1980 miles currently). I was concerned about the mpg's initially but at around 1,000 miles it just took off and I'm consistently getting 22-23 highway in the 5.3 V8. Just think "smooth" when you're taking off and keep a couple of extra pounds of pressure in the tires. I think GM missed the boat on a couple other small things, like the bed lighting button. It should give a tell, as in show something on the button itself when it's on. It doesn't (but it does have a 10 minute shut off). And the button itself should be on the fob as you're usually out of the truck when you need the light. Just had a recall today (4-7-14) for a transmission cooler line. Evidently they can leak and fail. Not good. I know of an older model (07) Silverado where one of these failed and it was a mess and over $6K to fix. All the criticisms I've read of the entertainment system is true. The swipe motion and favorites and the touchscreen in general just isn't very responsive. But I've seen the F150's and that's worse. Plus I've my smartphone sync more than once. The voice commands generally work well. There is a terrible gap surrounding the tail gate and at the upper front corners. I have a folding soft cover that's pretty tight on top but the water and dirt still get in. If I lived on a dusty road or something I'd look into sealing it better somehow. Thinking about a piece of duct tape inside under the cover at the front corners (won't show anyway). Having said all that I'm still happy with my purchase. Rides smooth and quiet. And after only two months of winter driving I feel it handles the ice and snow as well as anything I've ever driven (General Grabber tires). I ended up with those tires after the dealer had to go the next town over to get the exact equipment I wanted on the truck. However, they've been solid performers, smooth and quiet. Have not been off road at all yet. Waiting for hunting season for that.

Uses car for Towing