2014 GMC Sierra 1500

2014 GMC Sierra 1500
Available in 30 styles:  2014 GMC Sierra 1500 4x2 Regular Cab 6.6' box 119" WB shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Awesome Truck

by BigEasy from Los Angeles, CA | November 29, 2014

I've had my 2014 5.3L SLT 4X4 Crew for about a week now and I love it. I've had an F-150, Frontier, Tacoma, Ranger but none of these compare to this truck. It is almost perfect. It rides like a Cadillac and it is very practical as a family car. The only thing I don't like is the city driving. I'm averaging 13.5 mpg on the street while mostly driving uphill. Downhill street driving averages about 17mpg. Freeway driving averages about 21-22 which is great for a V8. The truck has the power there when you need it as well. I hope I'm not affected by the recalls on this model. One thing I have noticed is on speed bumps it bounces quiet a bit. Overall it I'm very happy with my purchase.

My dream truck

by Country Boy from Nashville, AR | November 5, 2014

I treated myself to my dream truck. I'm not disappointed. The truck has every option I could ever want and more. I do feel the truck is overpriced like most cars but I was willing to pay the price so I guess I should not complain.

Great truck for the family and the outdoors

by Sean from Colorado | October 2, 2014

We bought a 2014 GMC Sierra SLT Crew and have about 4500 miles on it so far. We've towed 3 ATV's and a Dirt Bike through the mountains and didn't have any issues. The integrated Grade Breaking that's automatic worked great in downshifting with each tap of the break. Tow Haul mode also worked well. Additionally we took the truck to Wyoming for hunting. It averaged 19.1 MPG for the total of 1000 miles. Nearly 400 of these miles were off road through and the highway miles were at 80+ MPH so I consider that a huge win. The only gripes I have (which aren't really anything to complain about) are that it doesn't have blind spot detection other than a small circular mirror and that it doesn't show remaining gas in Gallons on the DIC. It does show remaining miles but I wish it had Gallons used like our previous Sierra.

Uses car for Towing

Recalls and other problem

by Charles from Minnesota | September 9, 2014

I drive a 2014 1500 Sierra all terain 6.2L. The truck is an nice looking and has power for days. On the down side I have had 3 recalls on various fittings and couplers. The huge issue for me is an ignition problem were the key stays in the cranking position not releasing to the run position. GM won't acknowledge the issue and I have been waiting 2 months for a solution. They are going to have to change out the tumbler, which means a new key, in turn means new door locks, tailgate locks, spare tire lock, etc..... I only have 2400 miles and all this has happened. I the end buy a ford or Toyota.

Uses car for Towing

Great Truck, but rusty frame

by Sierrami from Detroit, MI | August 28, 2014

I have had my 2014 Sierra for 6 months now and aside from the rusty frame, I am happy with the truck. I am disappointed that the wax coating used is peeling right off. There is a Technical Service Bulletin out there to ''fix'' this issue. However, all it does is cover over with a paint once localized rust is removed. These frame rails have no Galvanization, and I have more places where I see rust than I can count.

Back to a GMC

by GMC Fan from Roseville, CA | July 15, 2014

I was dead set on buying a F-150 that has great styling on the outside. But once you test drive that vs. the 1500 Sierra, there was no comparison. The interior options for center console, dash and overall styling cues for GMC made the difference that Ford didn't have. I am not a typical person that has to have GM vs. Ford. I have owned a 89' Bronco which I absolutely loved then a Yukon that had more than a 250K miles on it. But when it came to the 2014 selection on trucks, the GMC is leaps and bounds ahead of the pack. The Dodge has nice styling cues and quiet ride & cabin. But they still have major issues with their A/C units under the dash that require full removal. Can only imagine the squeaks that will lead to. GMC has done their research by adding amenities such as hanging file center console for the mobile office that is great for contractor use. Then the power options that include a110 outlet amongst many other power port options. Take a look for yourself, you will not be disappointed. So in the end, I guess I am a big fan as it is 3rd GMC in a row for me unintentionally. Non-biased Fan

The most comfortable truck I have ever had

by PAyala from Duluth, Ga. | July 15, 2014

I have the 2014 SIERRA 1500 CREW CAB STANDARD, take a trip from Duluth, Ga. to Parama City Beach, FL. The distance was 434 miles exato and only has consumed 18 gallons, resulting in 24 MPG at 65-70 MPH... Very happy with the result, also the comfort and safety it's like to drive it. Excellent work of the GMC.

Solid, good looking truck

by Toyota Convert from Swnasea, IL | June 12, 2014

Bought 12/26/13 in Collinsville, IL from Laura Buick-GMC. 4,940 miles and very happy with my 1500 Crew-Cab, 2wd, 4.3L. I decided to switch to a truck as a daily driver and it's an easy vehicle to drive anywhere. Rides great, EXTREMELY quiet cab, easy controls and simply happy to this point. I had an older Ford 250 with a 5.4L triton and this 4.3L v-6 simply has more torque, power and performance, even pulling a trailer. The stepup bumper has been great for my knees. Let's hope a 100,000 miles from know I'm still as satisfied since I converted this vehicle from many years of Toyota usage.

bad design

by Shawn from Vancouver | May 21, 2014

I bought a 2011 GMC sierra new. Seems you need to take the front end apart just to change a headlight. Changing 2 headlights = $500. You need to buy GMC wipers from GMC. Battery died 2 weeks after my warranty expired. Lord knows what else is waiting for me. Cheap truck. Cheap and manipulative construction.

Work and Family Truck

by Truck person from | May 19, 2014

This was the type of truck I was hoping for. When they came out, I was all over it. Love the convenience inside, along with the interior. Still not quite in love with how the seat feels, but it has multiple adjustments. Maybe it just needs to be broken in? Owned my last extended cab for 9 years, and simply loved sitting in the seat, it was that comfortable to me. The gas mileage my new crew cab gets is fantastic, and still have the power available as needed. The seat in the rear is comfortable, legroom is awesome. Overall, I love this truck. Great color my wife picked out.