2014 GMC Sierra 1500

2014 GMC Sierra 1500

Available in 30 styles:  2014 GMC Sierra 1500 4x2 Regular Cab 6.6' box 119" WB shown

Starting MSRP

Est. MPG

See Photos & Videos

Overall

the best ever

by got ice from victoria texas | April 14, 2014

Ordered a Denali 1500 the best truck I have ever owned The 6.2 motor is great. The ride has improved in the last 3 years since I bought a new truck.

2014 GMC Sierra SLE

by slapshot from Lowell, Michigan | April 7, 2014

I've had this truck for a little over 2 months now (1980 miles currently). I was concerned about the mpg's initially but at around 1,000 miles it just took off and I'm consistently getting 22-23 highway in the 5.3 V8. Just think "smooth" when you're taking off and keep a couple of extra pounds of pressure in the tires. I think GM missed the boat on a couple other small things, like the bed lighting button. It should give a tell, as in show something on the button itself when it's on. It doesn't (but it does have a 10 minute shut off). And the button itself should be on the fob as you're usually out of the truck when you need the light. Just had a recall today (4-7-14) for a transmission cooler line. Evidently they can leak and fail. Not good. I know of an older model (07) Silverado where one of these failed and it was a mess and over $6K to fix. All the criticisms I've read of the entertainment system is true. The swipe motion and favorites and the touchscreen in general just isn't very responsive. But I've seen the F150's and that's worse. Plus I've my smartphone sync more than once. The voice commands generally work well. There is a terrible gap surrounding the tail gate and at the upper front corners. I have a folding soft cover that's pretty tight on top but the water and dirt still get in. If I lived on a dusty road or something I'd look into sealing it better somehow. Thinking about a piece of duct tape inside under the cover at the front corners (won't show anyway). Having said all that I'm still happy with my purchase. Rides smooth and quiet. And after only two months of winter driving I feel it handles the ice and snow as well as anything I've ever driven (General Grabber tires). I ended up with those tires after the dealer had to go the next town over to get the exact equipment I wanted on the truck. However, they've been solid performers, smooth and quiet. Have not been off road at all yet. Waiting for hunting season for that.

Uses car for Towing

NOT SO GREAT!

by Stix from Milford, Michigan | March 30, 2014

Bought 2014 Sierra, All Terrain in sept 2013. It has been back for 3 recalls and to have a leaky radiator replaced. Headlights are completely useless! Had to install extra lighting just to be safe at nite. My expense of course! GM will not acknowledge problem. As usual. Gas Mileage is no better than my 2011 Sierra was even tho this truck was advertised as improved. NOT! Heated seats do not come on when using remote start. In car Bluetooth system works sometimes with cell phone. Never would have bought this truck if I had known about the terrible lighting. And certainly won't buy another one. Very disappointed!

I am a GMC Believer

by Bearhead from Boston, MA | March 19, 2014

I am only three weeks into owning this 2014 Sierra 1500, SLE package, and am thrilled at its engine perfomance, styling, comfort, quietness, and handling. Having owned two Silverados prior to now, obviously I am a big fan of the big GM truck. But I beleive that the value engineering in the Sierra is better than Silverado, though the latter truck is no slouch either. I would not waste money on the SLT package though, the SLE has plenty of neat features and you can save some money . PS Thank God for the backup camera, it has already saved me once from disaster.

not happy with this GMC

by silverct from Connecticut | February 28, 2014

This is my third GMC truck, and I expected to be thrilled with it, I'm not. let me count the ways: 1. First and foremost, this truck has the worst headlight system I have ever had on any vehicle I have ever owned. The 'projector' lights do not illuminate the road, they do not get 'brighter' on high beam, there is very limited 'side' visibility at night (especially when cornering), and when driving in snow, the plastic cover freezes over. (I have pictures) Look on the internet... I don't think I should have to 'retro-fit' a brand new vehicle so I can see at night !!! 2. In their infinite wisdom, GM has decided not to seal the bed inner liner to the outer wall... there is a gap at the top. this allows all kinds of road debris, snow, rain dirt, etc. to go up between the bed wall and into the bed... (my bed is covered with a Leer cap to protect the contents I carry). I have pictures of snow on top of the wheel well after driving for about 30 minutes in the snow. 3. The tailgate is designed with wide gaps on both sides and at the bottom so wide that I can 'see' into the bed with the tailgate closed.... this also allows the same snow, etc. to get into the bed (pictures also available ) 4. the 'double door' design seems to have reduced the leg room in the back seat by about 3 inches, and it has made it more difficult to access that area... my take is if you want four doors, buy the crew cab... leave the extended cab design alone 5. I use the 'stake holes' (or I used to use them). The new 'moveable' tie downs at the cab end of the bed are located IN the stake hold pocket... (not too smart engineering)... you find this out after you CUT out the bed rail... there are a few more minor issues, but this covers the biggest issues... Bottom line, this truck looks good, rides well, and gets better gas mileage than my prior GMC. But if I can't see at night, and the contents of the bed get ruined, even under the cap, due to poor design, then I'm not a happy owner. Had I driven this vehicle at night prior to buying it, I would have not bought this vehicle. Unfortunately, I'm ready to get rid of this 'new' vehicle, which is disappointing to me, especially after spending a lot of $$$ for it. Sorry GM

Bad Engine

by ramirez from Killeen Tx. | February 21, 2014

I bought a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Texas edition Z71 here in Killeen Tx. the dealership is Patriot GMC. I was in love with it riggt of the bat and Dodge and for were never a consideration to me when looking for a new truck. my engine started knocking and running poorly with extremely high fuel consumption and little throttle response. I called the dealership and as told to drive it in. my truck has been at the dealer now for over a week awaiting an engine an there is no way that anyone at the dealership can tell me when I will get my truck back and they wont give me a new one either. A rep from GM in Michigan told me that there are many truck expected to have this issue and now i am still paying for a truck that I cant drive. The staff at Patriot GMC in Killeen is also the most inept and useless I have ever come across, I do not recommend a Sierra or the Patriot GMC dealer in Killeen Tx.

The perfect truck

by Mark from El Paso, TX | January 20, 2014

This is actually the first time I've purchased a truck so my review can be bias. None the less I test drove the F-150 and Ram and I can only say this was the smoothes one of the three. I made this purchase on Oct 4th 2103, and chose my Tri Diamond Coat Sierra SLT All Terrain. I wanted to wait a couple of months before writing this review to make sure it was a legitimate one. Everything has worked great so far e.g Bluetooth, Bose speakers, Navigation screen, etc. It also has great gas mileage on the highway but suffers in the city. I was using E-85 but it was using it like water. Reg unleaded as improved my gas mileage by 20-30%, now I’m averaging about 15-16mpg. Then again it all depends on how heavy your foot is to. Next this truck is expensive, at 50k you hope this truck keeps a high resale value, which I’m sure GMC will do. My only pet peeve is the KEY… It looks like a toy key? For what its worth I would of expected something more upscale than what it is, and offering a push start would have been a nice feature. Other than that again this truck is amazing and I will definitely continue to purchase these trucks in the future..

Best Truck I've Ever owned!

by Love This Truck from Atco, NJ | January 14, 2014

Bought my sierra 1500 2wd. on Dec 28th. Tom Altiery was the best salesman i have ever dealt with. The deal was so good , my broter went to see Tom 4-days later & bought the same truck he had on his lot!

Great Looking Truck....BUT lots of issues...

by Bummer! from Missoula | December 29, 2013

I bought the loaded 1500 SLT replacing my 2009 2500 Silverado LTZ. I really loved that truck and wish now I had kept it. The only reason I went out and got a new one was due to the gas mileage I was getting with the 6.0L. Huh? Wrong! I am getting 12.5 mpg in city (I was getting about 11.5 with my 6.0L. I have read many reviews saying that the mileage is great, maybe something is wrong (I did speak to my dealer and he said to bring it in after 2000 miles if it's still getting poor mileage.....almost there). I even use the supreme fuel. The key fob is huge, the steering controls (for the fingers) sit much higher than the old GM's. My phone contacts sometimes don't sink....sometimes they do? My seat heater doesn't work but my lower seat back does fine (taking it to the dealer). The heaters don't come on with the remote start either. My doors really have to be slammed to shut, not much room to access the door pockets while sitting in the seat.....very tight. Lighting inside is okay but could use lights on the floor. The drivers seat seems to be loose, not sure how to explain. It is also very noisy, the leather rubbing the plastic holders that are at the front corners of the seat. Otherwise, not a bad truck for $50,000.

Best truck I have ever bought.

by New truck from Mead wa. | December 29, 2013

Great ride,very stylish.quite inside.need better respond on the touch screen.lots to learn but fun.ease to park,sensors work well,back up camera helps a great deal.good gas mileage,much better than my ram,great looks.my loves it, that is a big plus