See Also: 1996 GMC Suburban 1500

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Beastie Rocks!

by Beastie from San Diego CA | October 23, 2013

I bought this in 2012 with only 98k on it. This Suburban absolutely performs stellar. I have two growing boys and we have plenty of room for them, friends and all their stuff. We put some BF Goodrich T/A KOs on it and now it is unstoppable in the snow! It is now my favorite ride except for the gas. We have a 42 gallon tank so at least I can forget about the pain for awhile in between fill ups. We replaced the alternator and had to get a new battery. I took a little bit for us to realize that in the 96 you can pull your key out of the ignition while all the way back in accessory position. In newer cars the ignition will not allow you to pull your key out so you avoid coming back to a drained battery. So be aware that the middle position on the ignition lets you leave the car with all accesories (radio, clock etc.) turned off and therefore not drawing batery while sitting for a few days. Highly recommended vehicle!!

nick nmaed the short bus

by sub bub from Richmond , Virginia | May 13, 2011

Awesome truck, good four wheel drive, smoothe ride, gets on the freway quickly. Gets decent mileage on the road. averages about 19mpg with 7 people, food, and luggage for two weeks on board. tows pretty much anything I have ever hooked to it. Not good if you are looking for a tiny economy vehicle, but if you need a large truck; I am 6 foot 4 and the rest of my family is tall also, but a comfy ride and can stay at 75 mph all day with no strain.

96 GMC BURBAN

by Chanceone559 from FRESNO CA | February 24, 2007

The best Car I Have Ever Owned, Will Continue To Enjoy The Car For Many More Years To Come! Made In 96 But Still A Head Turner Here In CALI!!

Powerhouse SUV

by SUVer from Sacramento, CA | September 1, 2006

This is a great vehicle...with great looks, strength, reliability, and versitility. Great for use as a safe family vehicle, carpool vehicle, teen's first car (ultimate in safety!), tow vehicle, or travel car. We love ours....

Most dependable vehicle I have ever owned

by Edwar from California | August 22, 2006

This review is for the 1996 Surburban 2500 4WD. This car has been a rock of dependability for my family, taking us on safely on many road trips and reliably serving as a family car. The car seats 7 very comfortably (NO crowding at all), and can even squeeze in a 8th person in the 3rd seat if need be. In addition to interior comfort and roominess, it handles well and is probably one of the safest vehicles on the road. We have never had a major mechanical issue with the Suburban, and trust it to be dependable. I would buy again and recommend to others.

Featured Services for this GMC Suburban 2500