2011 GMC Terrain

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great SUV

by Sales guy from Ontario,Canada | February 1, 2014

Great car,love the styling,has worked really hard for me,long trips,nice and comfortable,lots of power when required. My model is V6 SLE ,reading other reviews No idea why these people are having problems. Only concern is gas mileage,but better than 2006 Equinox!

2011 Terrain Timing Chain repalcement

by Unhappy from Covington, LA | January 5, 2014

Have had the time chained replaced 4 times in 2 years because GMC cant get the4 fix right! May hire an attorny for the lemon law.

Ok, but not great

by Buckeye45 from N. Idaho | January 1, 2014

I stepped down to the Terrain from a 2008 Cadillac SRX. I knew the ride and comfort would not be the same but I didn't realize how different until I took it on a 3000 mi. road trip. The seats are hard as a rock and become really uncomfortable after a couple of hours. The ride is just ok. The GMC tracks well and after the 4 cyl. crawls to cruising speed it keeps up with the rest of the traffic. The 4 banger is noisy While driving in urban settings and gets a solid 21 mpg. Hwy. mileage on flat, non-mountain highways will get you an honest 26 mpg. Does well in snow and slick conditions. Fit and finish is good, no complaints. Don't particularly care for the squared off fender flares but that is just personal taste. Overall....not a bad ride for what it is, but ohhhhh, those seats are killers.

Worst car I have owned

by Unhappy customer from Lake Geneva, WI | November 25, 2013

I cant tell you how many times this car has been the shop. Lost track after 10. Replaced the timing chains twice already with plenty of other issues that they cant seem to repeat. The only good thing is how comfortable the ride is and how it handles in the snow. Power train is garbage for a 4 cylinder. Would not recommend this to anyone.

Horrible customer service

by Schwes from Warren, MI | February 2, 2013

Used car dealership sold van we came over 30 miles to look at without giving us first choice. We called Thursday about the van and were told that they just received it and it was in service so we were unable to to look at it. We talked with a lady named Sandy and she said she would ca us when we can see it. We got a call late Friday and were unable to make it there as we live over 30 miles away. Sandy told us she would not be there Saturday but to talk with Doug. We talked with Doug Friday and told him we would be there Saturday as soon as we got out of work. On our way there we text sandy and told here we were going to look at the van and she said she would let Doug know we were on our way. When we got there they knew who we were showed us the van and let us drive it. They did not mention until we asked to get pricing that someone else looked at it and it was sold. Where is their loyalty. I can see if we just calls Saturday and asked about it by we had been calling since Thursday. Doug new we were coming from far away and never called us. His exact words were "l'll take car of you". He took car us all right. Sold the van right out from under us.

Good Value vehicle

by reformed lead foot from Warren, MI | January 31, 2013

I am a reformed lead footed driver. The Terrain took a little getting used to. It does show adequate pep from a complete stop. But is definitely not a passing vehicle especially not on hilly highways. I took on a trip from Detroit to SC. Once in the Appalachian mountains I couldn't come close to keeping a constant speed on the hills with the cruise control on or off. Felt under powered when climbing. Gas mileage we were averaging around 24 miles to the gallon before switching from 87 octane to 91 octane. We are now seeing around 28 miles to the gallon. I enjoy the fuel efficiency. I am built like a defensive tackle. 6'2 280 lbs. and I fit well in the car drivers side or passenger. It could use a little more room in front for long trips for me but should be fine for the average sized person. We choose this over the equinox due to the Terrain having more of a truck look and feel. Over all we are pretty happy with the purchase and would recommend to a friend.

2011 GMC Terrain

by Missionslo from San Luis Obispo CA | January 22, 2013

A great car in all respects but one. The gas mileage is much less than I hoped. So far I've been lucky to get 23 while the car was advertised as about that in town and 32 on the highway. Not even close. It is, however, great to drive, very comfortable and feels as solid as can be.

Excellent choice!!

by happy customer from St Louis, MO | January 13, 2013

I reviewed many vehicles prior to buying this one and I think I made a great choice. This car is reliable, comfortable, has lots of room but still small enough to get ok gas mileage. Very happy with my choice!

Gas Mileage

by Retired from Cedar Rapids, Iowa | November 4, 2012

Purchased a 4 cylinder front wheel drive which GMC said would get 32 MPG. Lucky to get 26. Letter back from GMC said to take to dealer for a checkup. Dealer said to drive 55 MPH to get better mileage. GMC not not being honest about MPG.

great deal

by rrs490 from lehigh acres , fl | September 1, 2012

was looking for a suv with comfort and interior space and this was the best choice for the money . the feature are good for std. equipment and can't find on others unless you upgrade. the ride is smooth and no cabin noise which is a plus since mine has the pioneer sound system. mpg is ok but hope to get better 29mpg highway.