2011 GMC Terrain

Available in 8 styles:  2011 GMC Terrain FWD Sport Utility shown

Overall

Great value

by Gene from Glenville,NY | November 22, 2014

I got this to replace a Trail Blazer and I am thrilled with features and performance. I have not had it in snow, yet so that is untested. It rides smoothly and noise level is low. Night time driving is excellent with the headlights and fogs, they light up the road! There are multiple information screens to keep me posted on vehicle systems status. The only downside is not being able to put a 4 by 8 sheet of panel in the back, too narrow.

2011 Terrain

by Mel from Fort Worth, TX | September 3, 2014

I just bought a 2011 GMC Terrain in Jan. I wasn't looking at Terrains, I was just car shopping, saw this car and liked it. I absolutely love it! I have the 4 cylinder, it averages 24 mph and I drive mostly city. It is very comfortable on long trips. The ONLY thing I do not like about the car is the turning radius. Point blank, the turning radius sucks. It's horrible. You can't just whip into a parking spot like you can with smaller cars or bigger SUVs. Other than that, the car is great!!

2011 GMC Terrain

by Happyohio from Oak Hill, Ohio | July 25, 2014

Even though the 4 banger has lackluster power it is an overall great value.. Great gas mileage and comfy ride. Best money I have spent on a car to date

First US vehicle in a long time

by Foreign car owner from Maryland | June 30, 2014

I allowed my son to choose a car after giving him some criteria. I was really disappointed with the quality of the material used. This car had only 37K miles on it and it showed considerable wear on the steering wheel, interior door handles and some control buttons. I also noticed flaws in the exterior finish with both the paint and the clear coat. I hope this is not indicative of US made products.

Outstanding SUV

by Hair Bronze from Bellwood, IL | May 19, 2014

Awesome look and great mileage for a SUV. All we were looking for. Rich look for less money. It is the best purchase we've ever made, a lots of room.

Great SUV

by Sales guy from Ontario,Canada | February 1, 2014

Great car,love the styling,has worked really hard for me,long trips,nice and comfortable,lots of power when required. My model is V6 SLE ,reading other reviews No idea why these people are having problems. Only concern is gas mileage,but better than 2006 Equinox!

2011 Terrain Timing Chain repalcement

by Unhappy from Covington, LA | January 5, 2014

Have had the time chained replaced 4 times in 2 years because GMC cant get the4 fix right! May hire an attorny for the lemon law.

Ok, but not great

by Buckeye45 from N. Idaho | January 1, 2014

I stepped down to the Terrain from a 2008 Cadillac SRX. I knew the ride and comfort would not be the same but I didn't realize how different until I took it on a 3000 mi. road trip. The seats are hard as a rock and become really uncomfortable after a couple of hours. The ride is just ok. The GMC tracks well and after the 4 cyl. crawls to cruising speed it keeps up with the rest of the traffic. The 4 banger is noisy While driving in urban settings and gets a solid 21 mpg. Hwy. mileage on flat, non-mountain highways will get you an honest 26 mpg. Does well in snow and slick conditions. Fit and finish is good, no complaints. Don't particularly care for the squared off fender flares but that is just personal taste. Overall....not a bad ride for what it is, but ohhhhh, those seats are killers.

Worst car I have owned

by Unhappy customer from Lake Geneva, WI | November 25, 2013

I cant tell you how many times this car has been the shop. Lost track after 10. Replaced the timing chains twice already with plenty of other issues that they cant seem to repeat. The only good thing is how comfortable the ride is and how it handles in the snow. Power train is garbage for a 4 cylinder. Would not recommend this to anyone.

Horrible customer service

by Schwes from Warren, MI | February 2, 2013

Used car dealership sold van we came over 30 miles to look at without giving us first choice. We called Thursday about the van and were told that they just received it and it was in service so we were unable to to look at it. We talked with a lady named Sandy and she said she would ca us when we can see it. We got a call late Friday and were unable to make it there as we live over 30 miles away. Sandy told us she would not be there Saturday but to talk with Doug. We talked with Doug Friday and told him we would be there Saturday as soon as we got out of work. On our way there we text sandy and told here we were going to look at the van and she said she would let Doug know we were on our way. When we got there they knew who we were showed us the van and let us drive it. They did not mention until we asked to get pricing that someone else looked at it and it was sold. Where is their loyalty. I can see if we just calls Saturday and asked about it by we had been calling since Thursday. Doug new we were coming from far away and never called us. His exact words were "l'll take car of you". He took car us all right. Sold the van right out from under us.