2011 GMC Terrain

2011 GMC Terrain
Available in 8 styles:  2011 GMC Terrain FWD Sport Utility shown

Overall

this car has every issue under the sun.

by rebelYUN from new york, ny | April 27, 2015

from faulty to solenoids, to flimsy timing chains, and weak oil covers, this car has never had an issue that did not involve the engine stalling. thankfully I didn't have to pay for any of the repairs as it's covered under a GM "extended coverage" warranty. That's their way of saying they'll only fix the car when there's an issue instead of doing a massive recall. The only reason they haven't had one yet is because all their other models have had recalls, it's more economical for them to fix it on a case by case basis, and their "fix" is more of a bandaid solution as I've had the timing chain replaced 4 times. The dealer said "the car has 70k miles on it" and are sticking with that story as the cause of the issue. AVOID. Their corporate customer service is a facilitator at best and their advice is "you can contact the dealer as well if you want". OBVIOUSLY I'm in contact with them.

Odor coming through vents and gas mileage

by MM from Huntersville, NC | February 24, 2015

I love the look, the room in the back seat and the feel to drive my 2011 Terrain however I do have seveal complaints. There is a nasty odor that comes through the vents. It is not all the time but when you smell it, you have to roll the windows down. I have had in the shop multiple times for this- 1st time I was told I needed to replace the air filter which I did at $100, the scent was still there, took back a 2nd time and they replaced some kit that was part of other complaints and on recall. Took back a 3rd time, dealership says they cannot smell anything. I find it strange the 1st and 2nd visit to the dealership they smelled it and offered solutions. This time they do not smell it so there is nothing they can do. I was advise to bring it back when the scent is more persistant. Gas mileage is not what is advertised for this vehicle. I have yet to see 32 mpg hwy. Lucky to get 24-26 mpg hwy.

Great value

by Gene from Glenville,NY | November 22, 2014

I got this to replace a Trail Blazer and I am thrilled with features and performance. I have not had it in snow, yet so that is untested. It rides smoothly and noise level is low. Night time driving is excellent with the headlights and fogs, they light up the road! There are multiple information screens to keep me posted on vehicle systems status. The only downside is not being able to put a 4 by 8 sheet of panel in the back, too narrow.

2011 Terrain

by Mel from Fort Worth, TX | September 3, 2014

I just bought a 2011 GMC Terrain in Jan. I wasn't looking at Terrains, I was just car shopping, saw this car and liked it. I absolutely love it! I have the 4 cylinder, it averages 24 mph and I drive mostly city. It is very comfortable on long trips. The ONLY thing I do not like about the car is the turning radius. Point blank, the turning radius sucks. It's horrible. You can't just whip into a parking spot like you can with smaller cars or bigger SUVs. Other than that, the car is great!!

2011 GMC Terrain

by Happyohio from Oak Hill, Ohio | July 25, 2014

Even though the 4 banger has lackluster power it is an overall great value.. Great gas mileage and comfy ride. Best money I have spent on a car to date

First US vehicle in a long time

by Foreign car owner from Maryland | June 30, 2014

I allowed my son to choose a car after giving him some criteria. I was really disappointed with the quality of the material used. This car had only 37K miles on it and it showed considerable wear on the steering wheel, interior door handles and some control buttons. I also noticed flaws in the exterior finish with both the paint and the clear coat. I hope this is not indicative of US made products.

Outstanding SUV

by Hair Bronze from Bellwood, IL | May 19, 2014

Awesome look and great mileage for a SUV. All we were looking for. Rich look for less money. It is the best purchase we've ever made, a lots of room.

Great SUV

by Sales guy from Ontario,Canada | February 1, 2014

Great car,love the styling,has worked really hard for me,long trips,nice and comfortable,lots of power when required. My model is V6 SLE ,reading other reviews No idea why these people are having problems. Only concern is gas mileage,but better than 2006 Equinox!

2011 Terrain Timing Chain repalcement

by Unhappy from Covington, LA | January 5, 2014

Have had the time chained replaced 4 times in 2 years because GMC cant get the4 fix right! May hire an attorny for the lemon law.

Ok, but not great

by Buckeye45 from N. Idaho | January 1, 2014

I stepped down to the Terrain from a 2008 Cadillac SRX. I knew the ride and comfort would not be the same but I didn't realize how different until I took it on a 3000 mi. road trip. The seats are hard as a rock and become really uncomfortable after a couple of hours. The ride is just ok. The GMC tracks well and after the 4 cyl. crawls to cruising speed it keeps up with the rest of the traffic. The 4 banger is noisy While driving in urban settings and gets a solid 21 mpg. Hwy. mileage on flat, non-mountain highways will get you an honest 26 mpg. Does well in snow and slick conditions. Fit and finish is good, no complaints. Don't particularly care for the squared off fender flares but that is just personal taste. Overall....not a bad ride for what it is, but ohhhhh, those seats are killers.

Featured Services for this GMC Terrain