2012 GMC Terrain

Available in 8 styles:  2012 GMC Terrain FWD Sport Utility shown

Overall

forgot how much I used to love GM

by Alo from Northern Ohio | June 1, 2014

Its been at least 20 years since I owned GM. Used to be a big Pontiac guy. Got away from them but just bought a used 2012 Terrain. I had a lot of second thoughts. Why does anyone get ride of a 2012 with 20000 miles on it? GM offered extra 12000 miles and a year bumper to bumper so I thought I would give it a try. Boy am I glad I did. Love the ride. Quiet and smooth. Great looker and hates gas stations. 28 mpg combined as high as 31 on the road. Only put 5 thousand on it so far but I do enjoy it. Can't say enough about it. Only draw back can't get clubs in back without putting seat down.

Fuel Mileage

by Joanna from Sigel, IL | March 6, 2014

Purchased new. Doesn't get the fuel mileage that they advertised. False advertising. I barely get 21 mpg. When told dealership they said that we had to give it time. Ok 30,000 miles later it is getting worse. I think they need to change the mileage they advertised on this vehicle. This is one of the reason we bought it since I drive over 40 hwy miles daily to work. Should at least get over 25 mpg. Worse SUV for mpg. Very Disappointed.

Best vehicle purchase

by New GMC Owner from Bryan, TX | February 21, 2014

Just moved from an Armada to a vehicle that is much smaller and easier to manuever and park. Vehicle had a lot of ammenities that I didn't have with the Armada. Nice cozy and very well-designed vehicle. Great ROI.

Nice vehicle

by Nick from Elko, Minnesota | January 10, 2014

Its a very nice vehicle. Rides excellent. We bought a SLT2 so it has a bunch of extras. We purchase the 2.4 L 4 cylinder. It lacks power. It gets decent gas mileage, which is what we wanted, but I think if I was doing it again, I would purchase the V6. But overall an excellent vehicle.

Just what I was looking for

by Amy P from Pensacola, FL | January 9, 2014

I owned a GMC Envoy Denali for a few years, and the gas mileage was terrible since it had a V8. I decided to get something better on gas so I bought the new 2013 Chevrolet Malibu with ECO. I was averaging about 28-30mpg with my commute, traveling was closer to 38. I kept it for a year and a half and decided I was ready to get back into an SUV, hoping to get better than 14mpg like my Envoy. My sister has a terrain so I knew car seats would fit, and hold enough in the hatch for travel or shopping trips. I set up email alerts for used Terrains and finally found one worth looking at. Overall I am very pleased with my purchase. Oddly enough, it is at the GMC dealership today (under warranty) getting the tail light replaced (holding water) and my turn signal no longer cancels out. With my city driving I am averaging 18mpg

Second gmc I've owned and reliable

by Shade tree mechanic from Seven hills ohio | August 26, 2013

Overall car is good like everyone else mpg doesn't come close to what the manufacture suggests even highway mpg on straight trips from Ohio to North Carolina averaged about 21 mpg . The 2.4 litter is fine for city driving flat but climbing mountains wish I had bought the 6 banger also have the awd wouldn't do with out living next to the lake Eire snow machine need awd over all good car nice ride comfortable and quite

2012 GMC Terrain Very Disappointed

by Swiftrun from North carolina | May 2, 2013

Bought this car new and traded it in after 9 months. The MPG are horrendous in city & hwy. Barely getting 23 mpg and the tires had constant pressure issues. The eco button is a complete joke..gas mileage worse with it on and has absolutely no power. Bought a 2013 Rav4 and what a difference, comfort, power, and tremendous gas mileage. GM falsely advertised this vehicle as 24 to 30 mpg.

Terrain

by gene from Ohio | May 2, 2013

I have had this SUV for two months, like the ride, like the SUV itself. Like the style of the SUV, outside and inside. Was not sold on the look at first. But the mileage is what I was after. So far a good SUV. Navigation needs work. Also for the money both front seats need to be power. This would make this SUV better. Engine and drive train feels great. I research this SUV for about for months before, I bought this Terrain. Used with 4000 miles on it. Great SuvOhio

Excellent choice

by Cathy from OH | April 15, 2013

Love my GMC Terrain. Researched this vehicle and finally took the leap and got a used one 2012 with only 8200 miles. Like a brand new car. I wish the steering wheel would go higher as I am tall. Or that my seat would be a little lower. But I love the display for the radio, XM Radio, Bluetooth. It is all touch screen and that was one of the primary things that I loved about the car. I am very pleased.

Poor gas mileage (sucks)

by bryanm from N.B. Canada | April 13, 2013

My wife and I was shopping for a new vehicle and really liked the gmc terrain .What was the biggest reason ? Well the sticker rated it 41 mpg highway. Canadian gallons is 4.55 litres . Ok I know that would be hard to get but come on when you get 20 and 21 mpg from 41 mpg there is something wrong here . So far cant say much against the rest of the vehicle except it is a pig on gas . I took it in to the dealer but was told that there is no check engine lite on so nothing they can do .What do I do from here ? Would I buy another one ? no not with the poor gas mileage it is giving .