2013 GMC Terrain

Available in 10 styles:  2013 GMC Terrain AWD Sport Utility shown

Starting MSRP

See Photos & Videos

Overall

One of the best vehicles I have owned

by kayhuna from Henderson Nv | April 1, 2014

I notice people complaining about the wind noise with the windows down. I had this problem with a CRV and a Nissan Frontier. For some reason this is typical of the new cars.This Terrain is a nice riding quiet vehicle and a pleasure to drive. I am getting 25 mpg in city driving. I am not completely happy with the GPS but that has nothing to do with the truck. I wish it could stay on bright as well as the rear view camera which dims in the dark for some reason.

2013 GMC Terrain SLT-1

by Big Red from Minnesota | March 30, 2014

I have owned my 2013 Terrain AWD for 15 months. I waited until January 2013 so I could get the 3.6 engine and I love the performance the engine provides. We took it on a 3000 mile trip and it handled great on the flats lands and in the Rockies and Big Horn mountains. When acceleration was needed on two lane roads to pass a vehicle it performed excellent and it corners very well. The winter of 2013/2014 in Minnesota was an excellent test of the AWD system in all kinds of weather. Got to love the heated seats when it's 30 below and it also has a very good heater and defrost system. My wife loves the car also and that is always a big plus. Cons: I wish the console was about three inches longer for my arm to rest on much like my GMC Sierra. Even after adjusting the seat to a comfortable position and dialing in the steering wheel the console is a little short.

Six months review

by Six months review from Melbourne, FL | March 19, 2014

I have owned my 2013 Terrain SLT-1 for a little over six months, and am still glad I bought it. Let's talk about power: I have the 2.4 liter Ecotech engine, and while I will not win a drag race, I find the engine sufficient for daily suburban Florida driving. I took the Terrain to the Smokey mountains, the only issue I found there was I needed to focus on pushing the gas to keep from slowing. No complaints with the four it kept up as well as my former 2003 Jeep Liberty and my wife's 2009 Jeep Liberty. Comfort: the interior is comfortable. I am average height and weight and fit perfect in the Terrain. Even larger folks should have no problem, On day of delivery my 6'3" friend sat comfortable in the passenger seat positioned with plenty of room for a rear seat passenger. The leather interior, fit and finish, are on par with the Cadillac SRX. Features: my terrain is moderately equipped, I do have the Power Lift Gate and Navigation system in addition to the other SLT1 standards. Both are great features, not necessary, but very convenient. There are many more options that can be had, but for a typical person, the SLT1 is more than enough. There are so many little features and extras as standard, the Terrain seems very sophisticated! Cons: the Terrain is not as quiet as advertised, especially at highway speeds. Around town the quiet inspired features work well, on the highway, road noise is slightly higher than should be for a vehicle of this price range, not a deal breaker. The blue tooth voice command, she is lousy at understanding direction. Too many specific commands required, the speech needed is not natural. She is not like talking to KITT! Overall, I would choose this vehicle again. I would but the four cylinder again. After 6000 miles, the Terrain is competent, luxurious, and reliable.

Love My New Car!

by Reece M. from Iowa | March 16, 2014

I've driven the same car for the past 15 years so I decided it was finally time for a new car. I did my research and read all good and bad reviews on the 2013 Terrain. I went to my local dealership and test drove it. I LOVED it!! I purchased it and a week later still in love! I would recommend it to my friends and family! Hope to drive this for the next 10 or so years!!

Love My Terrain

by Lady Loves White from Wareham MA | February 12, 2014

I purchased my Terrain two weeks ago and just love it. I had read the reviews and don't agree with some of them regarding gas mileage. My old car was a 6 cyl and would cost me $55.00 to fill it at 3/4 of a tank. I just filled my Terrain at 3/4 of a tank and it cost me $38.00.....SAVINGS. The old car would get 2 round trips to work, the Terrain...well...I just used 1/4 tank and got 4 round trips to and from work....SAVINGS. I love everything about this car and would recommend it to anyone.

Loving my new ride

by Preston from Minneapolis, MN | January 29, 2014

I'm very happy I decided to purchase a Terrain. The vehicle is a 4 cylinder but it still has a decent amount of power if you are not using the ECO feature. It's the best vehicle purchase I have made in a long time.

2013 GMC TERRAIN

by Ottoman from North East Ohio | January 25, 2014

Has 4 cylinder but impressed with power, love the interior and exterior styling. Especially the red stitching on dark gray/black interior. Blue tooth, OnStar and touch pad for radio, satellite and navigation are awesome. The cargo space is much larger than other manufacturers in a mid size S.U.V. The millage is a little better than what was advertised on window sticker. The only negative I have found is we live in area that gets a lot of snow and the snow and road dirt coming off tires enters under door above rocker panel and builds up on bottom of door. I may need to install mud flaps to prevent this.

Love my Terrain

by LG623 from Providence, ri | November 22, 2013

Comfortable reliability, my two favorite things about cars. I owned a Honda Civic before this, which is also loved, it wasn't all that luxurious but I never ever had car trouble. I was nervous coming from a compact car that the terrain would feel like driving a truck, but it doesn't at all. The interior is mint. Heated seats, black and white leather with red stitching, roomy, able to move the drivers seat a number of different ways to make you extra comfy. The back seat can pull all the way up to basically touch the front seats which will come in handy some day when we have little ones. The ride is smooth. We have the V6 so it has amazing pick up and the gas mileage isn't too bad. It has top safety ratings on consumer reports which was important to us as well. The navigation system works well. There really isn't anything I do not like about this vehicle. I'm happy :)

Love the ride

by cousman from Quebec City | November 13, 2013

Two cars ago I had a Mercedes, one car ago, an Audi....the Terrain is better! I find the Terrain to be extremely comfortable and dare I say agile. I don't understand why reviewers critique the power...use the peddal! I test drove the GLK just prior the Terrain and found the GLK felt heavy and awkward vis a vis thr Terrain. The turning raduis is a bit of a bother but in NO WAY a deal breaker and speaking of turns the Terrain takes corners with enthusiasm

Great Value and Style For The Money

by Crossover SUV Fan from Hilton Head Island, SC | November 1, 2013

After having purchased and driven a Chevrolet Equinox over the past four years, I traded for a new GMC Terrain. It is essentially the same vehicle, built on the same assembly line in Canada. Back in 2010 none of the GMC dealers had any of the new Terrains available for sale while the Chevy dealers were getting a few of the newly redesigned Equinoxes. I always preferred the more masculine styling of the Terrain over the Equinox. After driving it for 48,000 miles, my experience driving the Equinox was quite positive. The ride of the vehicle is excellent and the handling is quite comfortable and reliable. I opted, once again, for the Eco Tech 4 cylinder engine despite expert reviews panning this engine. I certainly did not get the rated 32 highway mpg as advertised on the Equinox but was happy with the about 30 mpg on the highway. Considering its mid-size and weight, that's a great trade-off. After having test driven many of its competitors in its class, I found them to be small and cramped. None of them felt nearly as luxurious for the money or came nearly as well equipped as the base model (SLE 1) of the GMC Terrain. Almost every day someone stops me to compliment on how sharp the Terrain looks. I did customize it by changing the stock, black horizontal grill with the Denali chrome billet version which looks incredibly attractive. Also I added mud splash guards and chrome wheel skins which improve the looks. I purchased the extra fee, red painted model which makes the Terrain stand out compared to the silver, white or champagne colors available. Overall, I believe I will keep this vehicle for at least five years until I get tired of it and want something new.