We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2013 GMC Terrain

2013 GMC Terrain
Available in 10 styles:  2013 GMC Terrain AWD Sport Utility shown

Overall

2013 terrain

by Becky from | June 9, 2016

I love everything about the Terrain except the AC. The front vents are positioned towards the driver and front passenger. There are no vents for rear passengers which makes it a hot uncomfortable ride for passengers. I live in the South where it's hot in the summer. I freeze as the driver with the AC as high as it will go with my passengers hot. I wish they would change this feature because I love everything else about the Terrain.

Tight, quiet, fun-to-drive SUV!!!

by Dillan from Ontario, Canada | May 24, 2016

2013 Terrain SLT2 is easily one of the best cars I've ever owned. Not a single problem after 61,000 km. Still rides like new. No squeaks, rattles or other strange noises, and it handles the bumps like a champ. I have the 3.6l V6 and it makes this ride into a rocket ship - very powerful, yet still great on fuel. It's like V6 power with 4-cylinder gas mileage. Apparently the 4-bangers have a problem with burning oil, and I hear their weak. Glad I went with the 6. My Terrain has every possible toy and it's a joy to own. I wanted a Denali but they couldn't find one in White for me, so I went with the SLT2. Hardly any difference between the two, really.

First Impressions

by Pitt from Greater St. Louis Area | January 22, 2016

Very fun and QUIET vehicle to drive. I stepped up from a compact sedan to this compact SUV I guess and It's very easy to drive and maneuver for being an SUV. The V6 is very powerful and overall, the ride is outstanding. From the tilting/telescopic steering to the leather heated seats, to the Intellilnk radio and controls, it has a lot of cool features.

GMC Terrian GMC

by GMC Terrian GMC from Michigan | December 9, 2015

I purchased a GMC Terrian 2013 w/28,000 miles. Nice vehicle BUT..I feel like I'm sitting on the ground. The seat sinks down and hard to reach out the door window. If I raise the seat there's no headroom. Adjusting the seat is a challenge. Why does it have a seat adjust lever under the front of seat. That has to go. Who designed the side mirrors? Please get RID of that second tiny mirror, its distracting. Otherwise, Gas mileage I must say is fantastic....it rides very nice too.

Nice car, weak engine

by barry from North Carolina | January 3, 2015

GMC should be ashamed putting such a weak engine in this vehicle. No way should a 4 cylinder ever be used in a car this. And that is what this is, it is NOT an SUV. It is a station wagon. The 6 cylinder is too expensive and that is the only way this should be made.

romeo and juliet

by cool curt from wilmington delaware | November 27, 2014

I brought a equinox for my wife after looking at the terrain , because she love the style , comfort and looks. at the time I owned a Chrysler 300 but I wanted and fell in love with the terrain. So a year later I traded the 300 for (2006) for a (2013) terrain. Man what a difference. There is nothing I dislike about my terrain. and im not the only one. I hope to owned it and it be trouble free just as long as my 300 was to me. (80000 miles)It has everything I wanted in a automobile. Now I know the difference between a car and a automobile. THANKS GMC

Great Midside SUV for the price

by Great Car from Titusville, FL | October 4, 2014

We have a 2014 GMC terrain and I must say its wonderful to drive and it looks great. I have never drove or rode in a GMC before but would suggest this to anyone who wants a midsize SUV without paying to much for one. It has a beautiful ride and handles well.

GMC Terrain not a good choice of cars

by Scubaman from Jonesborough TN | August 23, 2014

The air vents do not move around very well so it is hard to cool down very good. The air bags are unreliable, in a front impact maybe speed has a something to do with it. My air bags did not work and I received a broken back. The bolt holding the seat belt to the floor broke and I was thrown into the dash and when the car hit the embankment the on star activated, But the air bag did not they are nice looking cars but to unreliable. All the doctors that saw me said the same thing ( you are luck to be alive ).

Owner

by Terrain owner from N California | July 16, 2014

More than pleased with the 4 cylinder 2wd Terrain SLT. Very comfortable, handles extremly well on the highway as well as on the country roads here in N. Calif. Milage is just as I expected about 25 around town and 30 + on the highway.

One of the best vehicles I have owned

by kayhuna from Henderson Nv | April 1, 2014

I notice people complaining about the wind noise with the windows down. I had this problem with a CRV and a Nissan Frontier. For some reason this is typical of the new cars.This Terrain is a nice riding quiet vehicle and a pleasure to drive. I am getting 25 mpg in city driving. I am not completely happy with the GPS but that has nothing to do with the truck. I wish it could stay on bright as well as the rear view camera which dims in the dark for some reason.