2013 GMC Terrain
Starting MSRP $26,305–$36,745
GMC's Terrain is the twin to the Chevrolet Equinox. The five-seat crossover comes in front- or all-wheel drive with a four-cylinder or V-6 engine. Competitors include the Ford Escape, Toyota RAV4 and Honda CR-V.
Trim levels include the base SLE, uplevel SLT and new Denali. Characteristic of a crossover, the Terrain has a four-wheel independent suspension and car-based frame — a design that emphasizes ride comfort and fuel efficiency over off-road capabilities and towing.
New for 2013
For 2013, a new 301-horsepower, 3.6-liter V-6 engine replaces the previously available 3.0-liter V-6. GMC IntelliLink is available, and the entertainment system enables smartphone integration and the ability to stream music from Pandora and other music services.
The all-new Denali model includes unique 18- or 19-inch wheels, a blind spot warning system, rear cross-traffic alert and unique styling features like a chrome grille, chrome exhaust tips and black leather upholstery.
GM says it sought to provide a "confident and strong stance" with the Terrain's styling. To that end, the crossover has oversized fenders and liberal bumper cladding, both of which set the Terrain apart from its Equinox sibling. GM says that beyond the windshield, the two don't share any major body panels. The fog lights sit within vertical housings, and the large grille wears plenty of chrome. Exterior features include:
- 17-inch alloy wheels standard
- 18- and 19-inch wheels available
- Standard backup camera
- Standard fog lamps
- Optional power liftgate
The cabin bears far more resemblance to the Equinox than does the exterior, with an upward-tilted panel housing the air-conditioning and stereo controls. The dashboard features angular styling and two-tone plastics. Like the Equinox, the Terrain's second-row seat adjusts fore and aft. There's a plastic floor panel behind the seat that can be folded down to create a gap-free cargo floor. Interior features include:
- Standard keyless entry, power height adjustment for the driver's seat and a stereo with a USB port for MP3 players
- Optional eight-way power driver's seat and heated leather upholstery
- Optional moonroof
- Optional navigation system
Under the Hood
Both the four-cylinder and V-6 engines use direct-injection technology. An Eco mode, which is activated by a dashboard button, alters drivetrain calibrations in four-cylinder models to maximize fuel efficiency. Other mechanical features include:
- Four-cylinder displaces 2.4 liters and makes 182 hp
- V-6 displaces 3.6 liters and makes 301 hp
- Standard six-speed automatic transmission
- Both engines use regular gas
Standard safety features include:
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags for both rows
- Four-wheel-disc antilock brakes
- Traction control
- Electronic stability system
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the GMC Terrain
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.