2015 GMC Terrain

Starting MSRP

Overall

TO NEW TO WRITE ABOUT

by JIMMYS from CLEARWATER, FL | March 14, 2016

BOUGHT A USED 2014 WITH 12,000 MILES ON IT. I LIKE THE NON LATHER SEATS AND THE OUIET IN THE CAR. REMINES ME OF THE LINCOLN I STILL OWN. BUT HEY I LIKE THIS CAR!

Great SUV but loved my 2012 Terrain more.

by JohnnyB from Rochester, NY | March 9, 2016

I have test driven most in this size class and it is still the best in comfort and ride. And I like its' non conforming looks unlike the opinion of many "pro" writers. If you owned an older Terrain like me(I had a 2012) you're in for many downgrades that you would not expect. See below my Pros and Cons for the changes I have learned now that I have owned my 2015 for a year. Pros: Seats fit well and hold you in place, main console is easy to reach, road visibility, back seat room and visibility, cargo space, back up camera, solidly built with no squeaks or rattles, ease of enter and exit without getting dirty form touching car sill, balanced on snowy and icy roads. Cons: USB slot is in center console and not easily accessible, window tint does little, tail end of car bounces like mini van,( I did have the towing package on my 2012 and that may have helped with this issue), no low washer fluid alert, Downgrades from 2012: Window tint(Now called Light Tint), 7 speaker premium stereo is a wimp, noise reduction side acoustic laminated windows are gone which greatly increased cabin noise, connectivity to phone is inconsistent and slow and often requires rebooting both phone and car, cabin air filtration system, blind spot mirror is gone, cargo area close-out(funny name) is an important "OPTION" now (Surprise!). I had the V6 in my 2012 and have the V4 in my 2015. The increase in gas mileage with the v4 is a plus averaging 25-27mpg combined vs 19mpg combined with the V6. You do loose quick acceleration with the V4. Both were with front wheel drive only. The Eco feature helps some but not hugely.

SUPER

by cousman from Canada | November 7, 2015

Had a Mercedes C class then an Audi A4 tested a Mercedes GLK....like this vehicle better. It corners well, pick up is good and is very comfortable. All in all a well rounded SUV and apart from that reliability ratings are outstanding.

easy to get in and out of

by GMC fan from Madison, Wisconsin | October 15, 2015

Enjoy a higher up vehicle rather than a car. This one is perfect not to high and not to low for getting in and out of. Enjoy the ride and very comfortable to ride in.

Great vehicle for the price

by BRENN from Idaho | September 3, 2015

It is the more basic model of the terrains but the interior doesn't say basic when you get in. It has great cloth seats (my husband was expecting just plain gray not attractive to the eye cloth seats) and it exceeded those expectations. The backup camera is great in it, very clear and located on the tailgate at a spot where its not covered in dirt or water easily like other cameras I have used. It is small enough where it's not that far of a reach into the back seat to grab things or be able to hand my son things but big enough where I can load both of our large breed dogs and the kiddo and not feel on top of each other.

6 Cylinder FWD

by Sunny from California | June 28, 2015

Bought the 6 cylinder (FWD) based on all the reviews. I do not have a heavy foot. This car does not pass a gas station. I love it but next time would purchase the 4 cylinder. In the City, it does not get more than 16 mpg esp if you have any hills or stop and go traffic. It does have good passing on the freeway. With gas prices, it is hard on the pocket. Otherwise, I love it.

Most roomy car I've Owned

by confidant from miami florida | June 1, 2015

Great feeling driving it; admired for many for the exterior and interiror; Surprised by many for the features compared to others.

Similar to Buick Redavouz SUV

by SUV enthusiast from Trenton, Ohio | May 6, 2015

Should have continued to manufacter Buick Rendavouz, the best SUV, purchased an 2003 and 2006.in traveling from Ohio to and from Florida I still continue to see Lot of Buick Rendavoz on the road in excellent condition. That's the reason for choosing the Terrain very similar.

Great SUV, Invest in the AWD...It'll be worth it

by Drives in Vermont from Burlington, VT | April 21, 2015

This is my 2nd GMC Terrain (First one was 2013 SLE-1, my current one is a 2015 SLE-2) and I have got to say my love for this vehicle grows everyday I drive it. I am currently in a lease, but I am most likely going to buy this one after my lease ends. My first terrain was front wheel drive, and I have to admit, when I was living in the city, and the roads were relatively flat and salted in the winter, the FWD was fine. But when I moved to Vermont and had to deal with the notorious winters, I realized that having FWD was not a good idea. The poor suv had the hardest time getting out of the snow in the winter. After 2 and a half years of having the car, I returned the lease and upgraded to the AWD SLE-2. BIG DIFFERENCE!! (fair price too!) One thing I noticed immediately was the smoother ride the AWD had compared to the FWD. And the second thing I noticed was I got almost the exact same gas millage in the AWD as i did in my previous FWD (roughly around 28-30mpg average). Now that last part could be a happy accident on GM's part but I am not questioning the AWESOME gas mileage I am getting. Lastly, the technology on the Terrain is Incredible! GMC's Intelink computer makes the GMC Terrain a Supercar! The display tells you the weather, gas prices in the area, MOVIE TIMES?!?! and the movie location, and it uses your bluetooth connected cell phone to connect to pandora, stitcher radio, spotify (if you play it through the Bluetooth audio feature) ; all of which you can control through the dashboard display! When you recieve a text message on your phone, the message is read out loud by the car and gives you the option to send a reply through a list of pre-selected messages displayed on the screen! Oh and the internal WiFi is just the icing on the cake! GM has made me a loyal Terrain buyer, and as long as they keep building and improving the suv like they have, I am going to keep buying. Well Done GM, Well Done! P.S. I've driven this suv through some pretty rough weather and terrain, and I have never had an issue with the engine. Take care of your car, and it'll take care of you :)

one of the nicest cars that i have owned

by rv person from Plainville Mass | April 13, 2015

this was a great buy and one of the few cars that can be flat towed behind an RVour dealer and sales person did a great job of getting us the best deal possible