See Also: 2012 GMC Yukon XL 1500

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Best ride out there!!!!

by Denali lover!! from Iowa | January 22, 2013

We have had 4 Yukon Denali's, a 2002, 2004, 2007, and a 2012, they are the best SUV out there by far. We have loved everyone of them. Great power, style, comfort, and not bad gas milage for the size. We would and have recommended the Denali to anyone!!!!!!!

Good Large SUV

by json67 from Oyster Bay, New York | December 24, 2012

I bought this vehicle used. It had 18,000 miles and was driven by the GM of the dealership where I purhcased. I tell people if I had Donald Trump's money I would still by used. I feel I saved a little over $10,000.00 by not buying brand new. I get all the new car warranties including the 5 year / 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. This is my second GMC Yukon XL Denali. Last vehicle (2008) was a Cadillac Escalade ESV. The Escalade was nice but not worth the extra money. If you need a full size SUV the GMC Yukon XL Denali is buy far the best value.

Love my tricked out truck!

by K9 Tracker from Walnut Creek, CA | February 20, 2012

As a dog tracker, I carry a lot of gear. My GMC Envoy, which I loved, was just too small, particularly since I have a puppy on order. Also not enough road clearance for the back country roads I take. So moved up to the Yukon XL, SLT. All the bells and whistles. I love it. I built a cabinet for the back with two drawers for tools and gear, with space below for X-Pens and such, and two cages above. I can slide it back to put up the third row of seats, or forward to have room behind it. I got a 8,000 lb Warn winch (wasn't enough room in the Envoy to carry one). Wired the rig so I can put it into a hitch receiver either front or back. I have one remote by the driver's seat and another in the engine compartment to use outside. There is a platform in the engine compartment for a second battery. Not needing that, I used it for a platform for my brake controller for when I am towing the Yukon behind my motorhome. With regard to that, to tow flat, all four wheels on the ground, you must have four wheel drive with the two-speed transfer case (both 4 Hi and 4-Low). I found that most salesmen and even shop supervisors did not know that. I learned about it by trying to put a one-speed transfer case into neutral. The salesman turned to the shop supervisor, who checked it out. I educated a few! The absolutely only problem I have with the Yukon is that I often hit the lock button with the heel of my hand when I open the door. I am now more careful, and before I learned that the Yukon has a key with a chip, I got a copy made at Ace, which now lives in a magnetic key holder so I don't have to wait for On-Star.