The Yukon XL is GMC's flagship SUV and a corporate cousin to the Chevrolet Suburban and Cadillac Escalade ESV. It is a larger version of the Yukon, measuring some 20 inches longer. All will be redesigned for 2015 and based on GM's new full-size pickups, the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra. Competitors include the Ford Expedition EL and Toyota Sequoia.
For the last year of the current design, the heavy-duty Yukon XL 2500 model is available to fleet buyers while the only retail model is the regular-duty 1500 series. It offers seats for up to nine people and is available with a choice of V-8 engines that feature fuel-saving cylinder-deactivation technology that shuts down four cylinders under light loads. SLE and SLT models are available with rear- or four-wheel drive, and the top-shelf Denali comes with rear-wheel drive or permanently engaged all-wheel drive.
New for 2014
Besides eliminating the heavy-duty 2500 model, the only other change of note is that SLE models add the Convenience Package as standard. This includes power-adjustable pedals, remote start, rear parking assist and a backup camera with a display in the rearview mirror.
- Standard power heated side mirrors
- Standard 17-inch wheels; 20-inch wheels optional
- Available power liftgate
- Integrated running boards; available power-retractable running boards (Denali)
- Available power sunroof
- 222.4 inches long, 79.1 inches wide
- Three rows of seats accommodate up to nine
- Standard leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls
- Cloth or leather-appointed seats
- Available heated/cooled front seats
- Available DVD entertainment system
- Available touch-screen navigation
- Maximum cargo volume of 137.4 cubic feet
Under the Hood
- Flex-fuel 320-horsepower, 5.3-liter V-8 with 335 pounds-feet of torque (SLE, SLT)
- Flex-fuel 403-hp, 6.2-liter V-8 with 417 pounds-feet of torque (Denali)
- Both V-8s have fuel-saving cylinder deactivation
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- Rear- or four-wheel drive (SLE, SLT)
- Rear- or permanent all-wheel drive (Denali)
- Maximum towing capacity of 8,100 pounds, when properly equipped
- Side curtain airbags with rollover sensor
- Seat-mounted side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Four-wheel-disc antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system with traction control
- Trailer-sway control and hill start assist
- Optional blind spot warning system
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2014 GMC Yukon XL 1500.