The Cars.com news bureau offers experts who can credibly address a wide range of topics:
- Car shopping and automotive finance
- Consumer insight and shopping behavior
- Vehicle profiles
- Automotive advertising and vehicle sales
- Automotive classified industry
- Online marketing
Cars.com's industry leaders are available to provide insight for your next story or to speak at your next event.
- Patrick Olsen, Editor-in-Chief Patrick heads the Cars.com editorial team and covers a wide range of topics in the automotive industry, including industry news, analysis and consumer advice. Patrick has been a regular on local and national television programs to discuss everything from the Toyota recalls and the federal government's Cash for Clunkers program to original Cars.com site content and analysis, including Cars.com's American-Made Index.
- Joe Wiesenfelder, Senior Editor Joe joined Cars.com in September 1997 as one of its first employees and has more than a decade of automotive journalism experience. From new-car reviews to expert advice on vehicle safety and green/fuel-related technologies, Joe has covered a wide range of automotive issues in his career at Cars.com. Joe has served as an automotive industry expert for countless newspaper articles and national television interviews. He frequently appears on national networks in response to breaking industry news.
- David Thomas, Senior Editor David is in charge of Cars.com's consumer blog, KickingTires. He writes daily about the latest developments in the auto industry, with an eye to what is most important to car shoppers. He also oversees Cars.com's Ask.Cars.com website, which answers consumer questions about cars and the car-shopping process. Before coming to Cars.com, he was online editor for MPH Magazine and one of the forerunners of commercial blogging when he launched and edited Autoblog in 2004.
- Kristin Varela, Senior Editor/Chief Mom Kristin is the Chief Mom at Cars.com's family blog, MotherProof.com. MotherProof.com is dedicated to providing women in general and mothers in particular with useful and entertaining new-car reviews. The site's innovative reviews are straightforward and casual, written by the MotherProof.com mom-reviewers.
Attention Broadcast Producers:
Broadcast news outlets will now have access to Cars.com's expert editorial staff through Cars.com's new live broadcast studio.
Cars.com has teamed up with VideoLink to install their Readycam® system at Cars.com's corporate offices. The system offers live or taped interviews for your news broadcast, anytime.
To book one of Cars.com's editors for an interview, contact Ron Hall at (312) 601-5757 — firstname.lastname@example.org, or Jackie Brennan at (312) 601-6229 — email@example.com. To book the shot, please contact VideoLink Operations at (617) 340-4300.