2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

50 city / 45 hwy

Overall

Best Car Ever

by iReview from Norfolk, VA | May 20, 2016

We currently have a BMW X1, Pathfinder, Honda Insight and the 2014 Accord Hybrid Touring. The family always wants to go out in the Accord wherever we go. I think this is the best car I have owned yet and I have owned a bunch. I look forward to my 30 mile commute. The ONLY complaint I have about this car is steering. I wish there was a lil more - go where you point car in a curve- going on. It tends to understeer? The gas engine noise also takes a lil time to get used to because it starts at random times. Anyways other than that, this car is awesome. If you keep under 70, you can max out the EV mode. I stay between 60 and 80 ending up with a full tank mileage of 45mpg. The max I have gotten is 52, but that trip was under 70mph. I LOVE the way the car picks up speed when in EV mode with a lil tap of the pedal. I think 45-70 must be quicker than a regular accord. It has lots of room inside as well. Reminds me of the Audi A8L I had. Anyways, why would anyone buy a Prius when you can get an almost full size car with similar MPG? The Accord Hybrid is a winner in my book and I plan to keep it till I can afford a Tesla.

More than I expected

by Former Prius owner from Seattle, WA | September 9, 2015

I picked up my 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring with less than 10,000 miles on it last Saturday. I am in love with it! I drove it from Portland to Seattle going 65-70 mph on the freeway and averaged 47 mpg. Today I drove it on my regular work commute (48 miles one way; part freeway, part suburban streets) and averaged a whopping 54.5 MPG. It makes my former car (2006 Prius) seem like a toy car (and I loved my Prius). I love the user interface and all the technology. It's easy to use even for someone like me who doesn't like to read a manual. I couldn't be happier with my 'new' vehicle and am looking forward to many, many years with her.

Gas consumption bang on

by Long Trek from Victoria, BC | June 18, 2015

I've been driving this vehicle for a short time. My morning trek to work is relatively slow going with traffic ( average 30-50 mph). At those speeds I've been getting the predicted 50mpg. Now in my part of the world, it doesn't get below 0 very often. Overhall, this car looks great, it's comfortable, it's roomy, the sound system is great, the ride is extremely quiet (unless you're climbing, then yes it can be in some cases a bit noisy).

Gas mileage not as advertised

by JohnBoy from New Port Richey, FL | May 22, 2015

First, gas mileage is about 9-10 mpg less than advertised and I drive conservatively in Florida. Voice recognition does not work that well and for me is not logically set up for remembering the commands. GPS is nowhere as good and logical as a Garmin. Good quality materials inside, but styling-wise nothing exceptional. Cellphone bluetooth works well.

Honda hybrid 2015 Touring Edition

by Doug from Greensboro, NC | May 5, 2015

Love this car! Quiet, solid, comfortable, great gas mileage and more than meets all my expectations. Don't have any connection to Honda and have been a Toyota owner for the last 30 years. Super happy I bought the Honda.

Honda 2014 does not come close to there MPG 39

by Fred from New York city | April 5, 2015

Honda must stack there reviews with there own people, supposed to get 45 to 50 not even close 39 if your luck, and only drive under 40 all the time terrible

Falling MPG

by Jax Car from Chicago, IL | January 30, 2015

I bought this car early in 2014. I paid MSRP since each dealer only received 2 cars/month and I am a loyal Honda enthusiast. I love the styling and interior design and comfort. The car is large enough to fit my family of 5 and the trunk is ample for a hybrid. The handling is crisp and the power is adequate... not bad for a hybrid. There is a bit of an engine "whine" when accelerating that bothers my family, but I guess I am used to it. Initially, I was getting 47+ MPG while driving conservatively. I am now in the heart of winter in Chicago and the MPG has gone down to 37-38 MPG. I can't attribute this to the cold alone. I would have given this car a top rating if the MPG remained as advertised. The EPA ought to force Honda to readjust its estimates to a more realistic MPG. I would highly consider another car if the mileage doesn't improve,,

Gas Milage not up to Honda;s claims

by Patty Cakes from Kalispell, MT | November 1, 2014

I purchased a 2014 Honda Accord Touring I ordered it from our local dealer and had to wait 2 months to get it. I picked up my car from the dealer on May 1st, 2014. At first I was getting 50 miles to the gallon in the city and 45 on the hwy. We drove it from Montana to Las Vegas and with a car full we averaged about 35 mile to the gallon for our trip the more weight in the car the less miles per gallon you get. Except of the past 3 tanks of gas I have put about 10,000 miles on the car and now only get 38 miles per gallon very disappointing. I would not spend the extra money for a hybrid, as it does not live up to Honda’s claim to get the 45 to 50 miles per gallon. The other problem is the text messaging it is set up to send back short pre-existing replies to text messages it does not work.

Traded up from an Acura

by Honda Happy from Indiana | September 25, 2014

Had an Acura TSX for 8 yrs and loved it. But the only hybrid they have is the ILX and it is not much more than a Civic hybrid. So when I found one of the scare Accord Hybrids, I grabbed it and have never looked back. It is way better than the Acura. It is so technologically sophisticated, comfortable, quiet and powerful. I am now 4500 miles into it and its averaging 49+ MPG including some long, fast trips. It is true that if you speed at 75 mph you average 42 MPG and it is also true you will get a speeding ticket. And isn't the idea of a hybrid to drive in such a way as to conserve gasoline anyway? Some trips in the neighborhood mostly go off the battery and it says 114 MPG. I have fun just seeing how high I can get the mileage. And it is neat to see the miles to empty > 800 miles after a fill-up (of which I have only done 6 times).

Not What I Expect From Honda

by Larryhat from Dallas, TX | September 10, 2014

After 3500 miles my 2014 Accord Hybrid is sitting at my local dealer with a loud popping noise coming from the drivers side front. My "overall" MPG is 39! When I asked the service people why they gave me the old "Ford" answer...you have to break it in. Between my wife and I, this is our 4th Hybrid in the past 3 years. The past 3: 2012 Camry Hybrid, 2013 Lexus 300H, and 2013 Lexus CT200H all lived up to their mileage hype right off the showroom floor. My Accord is the touring model, and I would tell my friends to spend several thousand less and buy the Camry version instead. It delivered on it's promise and I had no mechanical problems with it.