2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Beats MPG

by Hybrid Enthusiast from Chicago, IL | July 22, 2014

The Accord hybrid consistently beats the estimated MPG on my daily commute. My commute is 21 miles each way split city/hwy. I'm averaging 55 MPG per trip with a one-way maximum of 62 MPG!

Not getting the MPG expected

by larryhat from Dallas, Tx | July 19, 2014

This is my 4th hybrid and all of the others delivered on the mpg promise: CT200H, ES300H, Camry Hybrid. We are currently averaging 37 mpg between highway and city driving. Other than that huge disappointment, we have found the car to be fun to drive and we love all the added safety features offered on our Touring model.

Remember, you are buying Gas Mileage

by UMASS from Natick, MA | July 14, 2014

Love the ride, the 41 MPG AVG and exterior/interior design thus far. I traded in Toyota Camry Hybrid and much nicer car. If I had to nitpick, here are 3 items to be aware of: 1) You don't have much acceleration - it's a hybrid people. 2) Would be good if there were a few more little spots up front to stash $, coins, pens, etc. 3) Head Room for passengers in back a bit low - if you have two 6 feet + sons. Still a Great Buy !

Great Car

by Multiple Honda Owner from Auburn Mass | July 13, 2014

Really Enjoying this Hybrid. Traded in a Lexus 300 Hybrid which was a nice car but this is better. Looking forward to delivery of 2015 FIT I have on order

Impressed!

by Go Honda from Baltimore, Maryland | June 29, 2014

Just got the car within the last 2 weeks. I got over 900 miles to one tank of gas! In this time I have gotten on a trip around town 63 miles per gallon(14 mile trip). I had a friendly dash with a friend(Scion FRS), and beat him. If you want great gas milage it is there, if you want some thrills its there too!

Best new car I've owned in 50 years.

by clippedeagle1 from Fort Walton Beach, FL | June 25, 2014

My 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring car looks, feels, and drives great. It has all the bells and whistles and still provides the best mileage in class. No compromises are required. My only quibbles are with the weak dealer and financing network. On May 8 I took delivery of the car and received my contract. It indicated how much to pay and when. It did not have an account number or an address. I needed both to make a payment. I prodded both the dealer and Honda Financial Services to get the information I needed to pay my first/final payment on time on June 7. I got it in time to pay on line, just. Great car. Finance elsewhere.

Love the car which deserves all the kudos

by Billy CA Driver from Bay Area of California | June 19, 2014

I've had my new Accord Hybrid Touring vehicle for two months and love everything about it. I would never guess I was driving a hybrid. It is zippy! I'm used to driving our second car which is a Toyota Prius which groans during acceleration. The new Accord Hybrid is averaging about 40 mpg overall and has the zip of my V-6 Camry XLE that averaged only 20 mpg. The car is quiet, super comfortable and loaded with safety features I couldn't get on any Toyota or Lexus in this price range. I'd have to spend another $10K to get comparable features. The trunk is definitely on the modest size, but for the two of us, it handles our big trips for supplies at Costco just fine and has reformed me from carrying around all kinds of things I never use for years in the trunk. I was tempted by the safety features on the Suburu Outback, but the relatively poor gas mileage convinced me to go with the Accord Hybrid.

Stepping in to this Century

by 8th Honda Purchased from Kalamazoo, Michigan | June 18, 2014

It is still fairly new to us and we are learning about all the features. Have to get used to all the different information the car gives us - kinda fun! At this point, we love it! Our other vehicle is a 2013 CRV. This new Hybrid is our 9th Honda. Love our Hondas!!!!!

Like This Car

by Radapo from Trenton, NJ | May 23, 2014

EX-L The first weekend we had the car we took a 650 mile round trip on the PA Turnpike getting 47.5 mpg. The next two weeks were local city/town driving with a mpg of 55. I drive in ECON mode and have enough acceleration for passing and merging. When a little extra is needed I turn off ECON. I use the B gear like a downshift on a stick shift. The car definitely slows and the battery charge rate increases. Cornering is better than I expected, as the car seems to hug the road. The car is roomy and confortable and the electronics (radio, Bluetooth, etc) work as advertised. Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Collision Detection can get annoying but I keep them on to judge my driving. LDW is a good reminder to use turn signals to avoid being beeped at. The right-turn video was very helpful for merging on the Turnpike. The trunk size is a downer. We took our luggage to the dealer and packed the trunk before we bought and decided we could live with the small trunk. My wife likes the exterior style. We have no regrets and feel we made a great choice.

Honda/Acura; the most reliable autos available!

by Rebel from DALY CITY, CA | May 1, 2014

My wife drives a 2002 Acura TL, and I drive a 2001 prelude, both bought new, to replace Hondas. We did not buy the Honda Accord hybrid because my wife found the seats to be really uncomfortable, to the point of unacceptable.