2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

50 city / 45 hwy

Overall

Gas Mileage is really True to EPA ratings

by Sam from Washington DC | August 14, 2014

I own the Touring model and have clocked 4400 miles at an average of a whooping 49.7 mpg. This is over both highway and local/city driving and hence I can say without hesitation that the gas mileage of 47 mpg combined is real and no tall claim. Having said this, I want to share that when I was making a decision to buy a hybrid car, I also looked at the Toyota Camry and the Ford Fusion 2014 models. I found the Camry to be a solid driving experience, however, I was disappointed with the interior design of the Camry. To me it appeared to be a bit tacky and somewhat cheap in terms of the plastics used and also the confusing single display screen which is also smaller in comparison to the Accord. The ford fusion on the other hand is a very good car with almost the same gas mileage and a good solid drive. It was difficult to decide between the two (Accord & Fusion) and ultimately since I already have two Hondas that have served me for over 10 years without any problems, I decided on the Accord. Some other items that only the Honda Accord has that I appreciate after driving the car for over 4000+ miles are the right side mirror that removes the blind spot (Lane watch) and the Adaptive Cruise Control(ACC). The lane watch is quite amazing as it can also be used on demand and provides a great view of the surrounding and the ACC is very useful but takes some getting used to. Overall I am very happy with my purchase and feel very strongly that anybody who is considering a hybrid car should take a very serious look at the Honda Accord.

Excelent so far

by Terry from North Wisconsin (Lots of snow) | August 11, 2014

We just purchased this car 3 weeks ago. We owned a 2009 Civic EX-L, 2010 CRV EX-L, and now this Accord Hybrid. My wife rolled the civic and slid 40 feet in a ditch in Northern Wisconsin upside down. I am convinced she would have died in any other small car, but the Honda was safe, and she was protected. We decided to go with more protection, so went with the CRV EX-L. We were not as happy with this car. It burned oil and gave us incorrect info on the engine oil. We also had problems with our AC. There was a recall, but the AC was never really corrected. This may have been just this particular car, but while having it in to service we test drove and fell in love with the Accord. I haven't had this car for long, but I give it high ratings on comfort. The interior is well laid out. This Hybrid has actually caused me to be more conscientious about my driving habits, as well as my wife. The car is solid, beautiful interior/exterior, and most importantly very economical! So far I highly recommend this model to anyone.

A balance of Economy and Performance

by Accord Hybrid Owner from Springfield, MO | August 8, 2014

I've put nearly 10,000 miles on my Accord Hybrid so far. I've averaged about 46 MPG with many of those miles coming over the recent cold winter. Using the heat can really take a hit especially on shorter trips. In the summer months I've averaged 60-65 MPG in town. On several road trips I've averaged right around 45 MPG. Favorite Features: Comfort, handling, amazing MPG especially for the size and power of the vehicle. Suggested Improvements: Improve voice recognition, better infotainment functionality. less engine revving when accelerating.

Great Car

by New Hybrid Owner from PA | August 4, 2014

Great car. Unbelievable mileage had first fill up at 615 miles and got 45 mpg out of the first tank. The Honda entertainment system is a bit strange and the Hondalink smart phone app does not work . The car however is excellent. The reliability rating is required to post the review however it should be ignored.

Beats MPG

by Hybrid Enthusiast from Chicago, IL | July 22, 2014

The Accord hybrid consistently beats the estimated MPG on my daily commute. My commute is 21 miles each way split city/hwy. I'm averaging 55 MPG per trip with a one-way maximum of 62 MPG!

Not getting the MPG expected

by larryhat from Dallas, Tx | July 19, 2014

This is my 4th hybrid and all of the others delivered on the mpg promise: CT200H, ES300H, Camry Hybrid. We are currently averaging 37 mpg between highway and city driving. Other than that huge disappointment, we have found the car to be fun to drive and we love all the added safety features offered on our Touring model.

Remember, you are buying Gas Mileage

by UMASS from Natick, MA | July 14, 2014

Love the ride, the 41 MPG AVG and exterior/interior design thus far. I traded in Toyota Camry Hybrid and much nicer car. If I had to nitpick, here are 3 items to be aware of: 1) You don't have much acceleration - it's a hybrid people. 2) Would be good if there were a few more little spots up front to stash $, coins, pens, etc. 3) Head Room for passengers in back a bit low - if you have two 6 feet + sons. Still a Great Buy !

Great Car

by Multiple Honda Owner from Auburn Mass | July 13, 2014

Really Enjoying this Hybrid. Traded in a Lexus 300 Hybrid which was a nice car but this is better. Looking forward to delivery of 2015 FIT I have on order

Impressed!

by Go Honda from Baltimore, Maryland | June 29, 2014

Just got the car within the last 2 weeks. I got over 900 miles to one tank of gas! In this time I have gotten on a trip around town 63 miles per gallon(14 mile trip). I had a friendly dash with a friend(Scion FRS), and beat him. If you want great gas milage it is there, if you want some thrills its there too!

Best new car I've owned in 50 years.

by clippedeagle1 from Fort Walton Beach, FL | June 25, 2014

My 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring car looks, feels, and drives great. It has all the bells and whistles and still provides the best mileage in class. No compromises are required. My only quibbles are with the weak dealer and financing network. On May 8 I took delivery of the car and received my contract. It indicated how much to pay and when. It did not have an account number or an address. I needed both to make a payment. I prodded both the dealer and Honda Financial Services to get the information I needed to pay my first/final payment on time on June 7. I got it in time to pay on line, just. Great car. Finance elsewhere.