2014 Honda Accord Plug-In Hybrid

Information Coming Soon

Overall

Love this car!

by Accord Plug-in Owner from Los Angeles, CA | June 25, 2015

I've owned this car for 3 months and it's been great. I'm getting 82MPG for my normal work commute and miscellaneous weekend driving. Mileage will vary dramatically based on many factors. I get 13-16 miles per charge, which works great for me since my work commute is 16-17 miles AND I can charge at work, which explains my high MPGs. Even without charging, the car gets 45-50 MPGs which is outstanding for a car this size. Aside from the high MPGs when running in EV mode, the car runs amazingly smooth and quiet. In HV mode, the high revving engine during starts is a little annoying and takes some getting used to. Performance is fine considering it's a Hybrid. The car has adequate power for normal use, but don't expect this hybrid to be as responsive as a gas engine. Yes, trunk space is limited too. If you constantly require a larger trunk, this car isn't for you. I love the tech in the car. The side view and rear view cameras are nice. It can even read your text message back to you while driving. Bluetooth connectivity has been a little inconsistent, however. All the controls take a while to master, but once you're familiar with it, the car offers plenty of gadgets and user-settings. I also love the external and internal styling of the car. As ubiquitous as Accords are, I feel like the plug-in stands out from any other Accords, even though the differences are subtle. Only 1100 were sold and only in CA and NY, so you won't see many around. Frankly, after owning this plug-in, I don't know if I'd go back to a gas engine.

Electrified Vehicles at their finest

by Hybrid Guru from La Crosse, Wi | January 3, 2015

The 1st impression is the attractive styling in this efficient plug-in with the EPAs highest mileage for a 2014 model. The quiet ride accompanied by a very intuitive instrument panel gives you the best of comfort and economy. All of my in town driving was accomplished with the electric system. 3 out of town trips were completed before I needed to add 9.3 gallons of gasoline. 1,163 miles on 9.3 gallons. If you have solar panels, you must experience one of these incredible, reliable Hondas.