1992 Honda Accord

Information Coming Soon

Overall

Drove a '92 for 21 years

by Honda Driver from Akron Ohio area | November 14, 2013

I put 256 K on a two door LX that I bought new in Sept. of '92. If it hadn't developed rust problems, I would still be driving it. I replaced it with an 05 Accord, and it's a nice car, but I miss the old one. I still look on line to find a rust-free one to have as my day to day car. Car never let me down, and the interior looked brand new when I sold it.

BEST CARS EVER MADE

by CB7 lover from new York, NY | September 5, 2013

I own to 92 Accords one is a coupe dx and the other is 4 door ex. Both run great i got the coupe back in 09 and the sedan in 11 they are great on gas and have powerful engines. The coupe as a 5 speed manual transmission which is great being that i love manual transmissions the sedan as the 4 speed automatic trans which is great being that wife can't drive stick. The coupe has over 190k and the sedan has over 160k. They are both great for commuting and traveling it has a roomy interior and a lot of trunk space. I recommend the accord to anyone who is looking for a cheap reliable car that can get u to point a-z and back in comfort.

Best Car Ever

by Now a Honda Fan from KY | April 24, 2013

I own a '92 Honda Accord LX (coupe) and it's been a great car. I bought it from the original owner 4 years ago. She only put 27,000 miles on it 17 years (I had to replace the tires because they were the originals!). Now I've got the miles up to 56,000. She took great care of it, and so do I. I do have rust on the rear wheel wells. As far as repair, I've replaced a fuse (very cheap), replaced the tires, put on two mufflers, replaced the pump seals, and she had some minor repairs, too. All in all, the car runs really well, and even though it's a coupe, my friends says that it's really comfortable and spacious. The fabric is in great condition, no cracking on the dash. I took the original carpets to have them cleaned and now the car looks brand new. My car would be perfect, but there's a huge dent in the passenger door- someone slid into my parked car and didn't leave a note. I didn't want my insurance to go up, so I didn't report it. I will be very sad to see this car go, but based on the reviews, I'll have it a while!

Still going strong

by Obakarama from Virginia | March 1, 2011

413,000 miles and still going as a daily driver on the original motor and transmission with only being on the 2nd clutch in all that time. I can't see how there can be a better car on the market.

One of the best cars Honda ever made!

by Hondaboy from Frederick, MD | January 30, 2011

I have owned nearly every type of car ever made by Honda and I have to say this generation Accord is one of the best. First, it handles great. Put a nice set of tires on the thing and it can take turns like a BMW M3. It's not the fastest car ever made by Honda, but the 2.2L and manual trans provide sufficient power for merging and passing. The quality of the interior is superior. My 92' is nearly 20 years old with 290,000 miles on it and the interior is nearly perfect. The seats look new and the dash has no cracks or fading. The only problems I have had are with rust in the rear wheel wells. Mechanically, this thing is a ROCK. The 2.2L is bullet proof. Not a single engine problem in 290,000. The biggest repair was a broken CV joint ($350). Other than that just scheduled maintenance and wear items.

Great Car

by Honda Man from Portage, Wisconsin | April 10, 2010

I've owned two of these Accords, the first being a 1991 Accord Ex and the second being a 1992 Accord Ex as well. I liked the interior of the 90-91 Accords better then that of the 92-93 Accords. The car has been great, pretty reliable. Cranks over on those cold -15 Wisconsin winter mornings. Warms up quick and gets you up to speed a moderate amount of time. I've averaged 19 mpg every tank for the last two months but the car has 200000 miles so that may be why, my old 1991 now driven by my father averages 26 mpg. They aren't big cars but seat four comfortably. I just wish the mpgs were a bit higher. I would drive my car to California or Alaska from Wisconsin in a heartbeat. It doesn't skip a beat and I feel safe driving it.

17 Years and Going Strong!

by Honda Guy 4 Life from the midwest | September 17, 2009

I've had my '92 coupe since new, March 1992. There have been so few problems, it's crazy. Other than tires, batteries, tune-ups, and timing belt, I've only replaced the distributor housing, the front brakes (once), the muffler (twice), and the antenna (Metra makes a replacement that is better than the stock one). That is all! The muffler was replaced with a factory Honda part carrying a lifetime warranty. I've always tried to keep another Honda in the fleet so this car has been the daily driver for only the last 2.5 years. With 215K miles, it still gets compliments from people for its styling and appearance. The interior has held up very well. No rips or wear-through. The material is better than that on most home furniture. The only concern has been the usual rust that these cars get. I like that there are few cars of the same size with the same ride, fuel efficiency, and reliability. I'm glad that I kept this car when purchasing my new Civic Si!

Most reliable car I've ever owned

by Satisfied Sam, a Honda fan from Lompoc, California | November 3, 2008

Love this car.I think my 1992 Accord station wagon is still the best looking car on the road. After 120,000 miles the factory exterior paint, as well as the interior upholstery, looks brand new. It doesn't use a drop of oil and it's as peppy as the day I bought brand it new. My only complaint is the retractible antenna which leaves six inches still sticking out when the radio is turned off. If I was really bothered about that, it's easily replaced.

Love this car

by car gurl from Denver,CO | August 30, 2008

My mother bought her 92 accord in 92, and gave it to me in 2003. I have loved this car. It was not only reliable, but easy to own. I gave it back to her a few months ago, and hope to buy another one soon. I had so few problems, that I have nothing to list. All I can say is with proper maitanence these cars last a life time.

Great all round car

by reliable quality from Palm Springs, CA | November 27, 2006

Great all around car. excelent quality and great milage, worth every penny. Would definitly buy again. lots of fun.

Featured Services for this Honda Accord