1997 Honda Accord

19–25 city / 25–32.1 hwy

Overall

Best car ever

by Accord fan from Somerset, NJ | January 11, 2014

Had this car for over 350,000 miles. Always started. and never broke down. Timing belt and water pump at 95K and 200K. Now long overdue. Tires last 80 to 100K and wear perfectly even. Went without ever doing a wheel alignment or struts. Best car ever built.

great on gas

by luvmyhonda from Moses Lake,WA | February 21, 2013

Happy with my purchase. I purchased my car from auto credit in Airway heights,WA Kirk was nice and i was impressed!

Never touch an Accord again

by Not Interested Buyer from Los Angeles | February 13, 2013

Was a proud owner of a civic before it was totaled in an accident. As such went for a better & a more premier class Accord of Honda due to previous satisfaction, but was totally disappointed.Right after purchase we kept having problems which was never addressed by their service personnel but only escaped with lip service and kept replacing parts which were very highly priced.Never advise anybody to buy an Accord

Nice used car for the price

by Maris from Philadelphia, PA | December 7, 2012

Relying on the reputation of Honda to drive this another 100K milesl. Will keep up with the maintenance and see if this happens.

car

by hblackef from | December 4, 2012

I'm 18 and my dad gave me his old 97 accord special edition, leather interior, best car in the world.

It has been an awesome car

by Neamerjell from Cincinnati, OH | October 22, 2012

I bought it used with 20k miles on it in 2001 when the 1989 Honda Accord I bought off my parents died. It is now 2012 and it has 208,700 some odd miles on it. And I have beat the tar out of it! It is held together with duct tape, window caulk, and the hand of God... and His grip is loosening. I have said that I would drive it until the wheels fell off, put some new wheels on it and drive it some more. Well, I've done that - I replaced the front wheel bearings earlier this year. It leaks everything but brake and power steering fluid, most notably transmission fluid. But the engine still starts right up and runs great. This poor car is literally on life support until I can buy a newer used car (can't afford a new one). It is using transmission fluid at a rate of a gallon per week. I am truly impressed with Honda quality. To have lasted 188k miles and 11 years, I think I got my money's worth and then some!

Great car for the money. Efficient/Reliable

by J.O. from Chicago, Illinois | July 30, 2012

Great car. This is my third Accord same year same body style same model. Gets up to 30 mpg highway. Good ergonomics. Incredibly reliable. Basic fluid changes and brakes/tires. Comfortable to drive. I have a modified suspension on mine and it performs well. It's a very fast car but it does handle considerably well. I've gotten over 150k on my first one but I've seen these accords go 300k+ with proper maintenance. Sensible car for someone who doesn't want something high maintenance or expensive to maintain. Holds resale value considerably well. Many parts shared with earlier accord (90-93). Good first car or car for college student. New parts / used parts very easy to find.

Love the car, but I can't reach the pedal!

by TooShortForAccord from Fredericksburg, VA | May 1, 2012

I bought this as my first car and once i was able to drive it i loved it! But in order to drive it i had to buy pedal extensions and a glorified booster seat! I am 5' 1/4" and with the seat all the way forward I was about 4-6" from the pedals! Great car, but not for the vertically challenged unless they want the pedal extensions.

Best Value for the money

by Peter from Illinois | April 2, 2012

Extremely Reliable with excellent resale value. Unbreakable! Great MPG. Easy to repair yourself without the expense of a mechanic. 1994-1997 is the way to go!

great car

by hansenbm from Cincinnati, OH | November 20, 2011

I purchased this car used in 2002, have had it now going on a decade. Never had any major repair issues with the vehicle. It's been on many 14 hour road trips without hesitation. Mileage now reads 270,000 and unfortunately the brake line started leaking. If the lines weren't so much to replace I would drive the wheels off the car! Most dependable car... I'm in the works of buying a 2007 or 2008 accord now but this car has been nothing short of amazing to me!!

Featured Services for this Honda Accord