1999 Honda Accord

Available in 9 styles:  Accord 4dr Sedan DX shown

Overall

dollar stretcher

by haney from Wooster Ohio | March 1, 2014

I bought my 99 accord used with 120,000 miles on it .these were Cleveland Ohio miles. Bad streets and lots of stop and go driving. After a little bit of TLC and some minor repairs I had a great car. It's an LX with a 5 speed . I get 34 MPG and drive it every day. I live in the country so there isn't much stop and go. My insurance is cheap and the upkeep is the usual , oil changes brake shoes etc..I drove it for a year before putting any money into it . I plan on having it for another 10 yrs. This is my 3rd Accord in 20 yrs. I am a fan! My Sunday cruiser is an Acura RSX 5-speed also a great car, very sharp.....

It keeps going and going...

by 1kailuaguy from Destin, Florida | July 12, 2013

Bought this car used at approx. 39K in North County San Diego of 2002. Since owning it my driving was typically just for work on a routine basis with every week with the occasional visits to Simi Valley in Ventura County and Maricopa County in Arizona. Also driven to Solvang, CA. Fast forward to 2010 as I had left Carlsbad, CA to make a move to Destin, FL. Prior the drive however, my starter went out, which I replaced. The idle control valve needed replacing, which I changed--thanks to the Honda/Acura Salvage yard in Chula Vista that had many used ones. The terrible thing about it was, NO One including the local Carlsbad Honda had a idle control valve nor the internet. Thank heavens for the salvage yard in south San Diego. The drive to Florida was without any mishap or problems. Since being here; I have travelled to Pensacola many times (an hour west); Tallahasse (3 hours east) a couple of times; and Jacksonville (5 hours east) once for a Jazz Concert on a weekend. And the only major thing I had to have a professional do was the inevitable timing belt and water pump replacement. This was the second time having it done. As of this review, I have exactly 244,410 miles and have changed the oil on a regular basis, along with service on the transmission as needed. The stock air filter was replaced some time ago with a K&N Air Filtercharger for performance. Recently, charged the A/C with R134a. The car still runs like a champ. Definitely the best Honda I ever had thus far, coming from a '89 Honda CB-1 motorcycle, '87 Acura Integra coupe, then a '92 Civic CX hatchback. Will see how far I go with this Accord EX-L that is a great performer along with having exceptional gas mileage. Domo Arigato Onigai-shimas HONDA Motor Company.

Excellent Car

by Honda Lover from Houston, Tx | March 10, 2013

I have had a 1995 Honda Accord for 4 years with minor maintance problems and now I have a 1999 Honda Accord. They have both been great, get great gas mileage, and only had a few problems. If you maintain your car it will last a long time time. My 1995 Accord had 240,000 miles on it when it was totaled by a female hitting it and it ran great until then!

Really great car

by Kathleenie from Chicago IL | March 20, 2012

This was my first car and boy did I treat it badly (I was a dumb teenager.) This is going to make some people really sad but I almost NEVER changed the oil, drove it around with bad brakes, and didn't get minor problems fixed until they became huge disasters. Needless to say I ran it into the ground over the course of seven years. First the brakes went, then the power steering, then the radiator exploded and the car started rattling and grinding all over the road. THAT SAID, even with poor upkeep the car had great pickup and gas mileage its entire life and I would highly recommend getting one if it's in good condition. I drove mine all over the Midwest and East Coast and it only had major problems at the end of its hard life. I've heard these cars sometimes have a problem with the check engine light, my check engine light was on the moment I drove it out of the lot and I brought it to 6 different mechanics who couldn't fix it and said there was nothing wrong with the car.

reliable---up keep--ouch

by hwywaman from MD | February 10, 2012

The honda line basicly are very good cars if maint is kept up.try to find an independent mech. Dealers are money holes on labor

Great car to be 13 years old

by Wanted to get a Honda CR-V from Atlanta, GA | January 16, 2012

I just bought a 1999 Honda Accord EX, just thinking to keep it for a short time until I can get something newer. But it has been a very good buy so far. Granted, the previous owner took very good care of it. But I have had to make very few repairs and the gas mileage is pretty good, I can drive 150 miles from Atlanta, GA to my hometown and use only about a quarter of a tank. I would still like to have a hatchback or something that will hold large loads(I had a Toyota Matrix previously, it was one expensive fix after another), but I am much happier with this car than I expected! It's a keeper.

VERY NICE CAR AND DEPENDABLE!

by Big EL from CHICAGO | October 19, 2011

I BROUGHT MY 2001 WITH 124,000 MILES ON IT A YEAR AGO FOR $5,500 FULLY LOADED EVERYTHING WORKS LIKE A BRAND NEW CAR BUT IT RUNS LIKE A TOP. IF YOU DON'T HAVE A BIG FAMILY, FOR THE MONEY THIS IS THE BEST CAR ON THE ROAD. DROVE FROM CHICAGO TO SEATTLE, VERY NICE RIDE !!!

This is a reliable and cost effect

by Lara from Hayward | June 13, 2011

Honda is a very reliable car with low cost to maintenance. Parts are not too expensive. Very roomy and great for family

accord lx 5 speed

by quickshift5 from liberty, mo | April 26, 2011

this is a very solid car with good mpg on the gas. it is a 5 speed which gives it a little more in the way of mpg. it has only 80k miles on it and runs like new. i would buy another one without any problem. found it on cars.com. i recommend buying from a reputable dealer and letting them handle the shipping if you need that as it can be a pain.

Very good car

by Owner from | February 23, 2011

This car is maybe not the most stylish, but they run great and are very reliable up to 200,000 miles.