2000 Honda Accord

Kelley Blue Book Retail

Est. MPG

See Photos & Videos

Overall

honda tranmissions dont' hold up

by terry from blountown fla | September 23, 2012

I got rid of a honda accord . Used to be my moms car and got it from her . It had 79 thousand on it. was ok car. Put a lot of miles on it . but at l79 thousand the transmission started jerking and not shiffting right . Also a switch that operates the blower fan , the stem just broke off. started having electrical problems with the pushbottons t hat control heat and ac died. not impressed. have had cars in past that nevrer gave tranmission problems even with over 200 thousand miles on . for a honda this is becomeing the norme on tranmissions problems what I am reading . beware. traded it in on a 20 00 toyta corolla . even with l48 thousand on toyta better car . and ac freezes you out .

best value hands down

by new honda lover from des moines ia | September 1, 2012

i recently picked up a 2000 accord coupe v6 and by far it is the most comfortable, easy to drive car i have ever owned. Plenty of power when you need it but also it has great fuel economy even in the city with the v6. The interior features are outstanding from the leather seats with side bolsters to the climate control to the great sound system, all easy to reach and operate from the drivers seat. Visibility is limited sometimes when trying to turn left if you have a passenger but other than that i have no complaints. Great car!

Best car I ever had

by Sailorgirl from Chicagoland | April 11, 2012

I've had this car for 12 years. The longest I ever had a car before this was 6 year, but I love this car so much that I'm keeping it. I have the 5-speed manual coupe. Good things: Reliable, solid, comfortable, good acceleration, easy to operate controls, stylish and a joy to drive. Easy to maintain and after 12 years, there's minimal rust. Disappointments: The anti-lock brakes are really weird on this car. I try to avoid using them by pumping the brakes because the ABS makes the car hard to control.

Great Value

by FunDrive78 from Richmond, VA | April 6, 2012

The things I love about my Accord EX is the ride is very comfortable & soaks up bumps well, has decent power, a& handles good. Gas mileage is a little above average for its class but my 93 was better. Dislikes would be the road noise, the factory cd player doesn't have mp3 capability, & the transmission searches for a gear at times. Overall I haven't had to put that much money into it except for basic maintenace. It has been very reliable and has about 164,000 miles on it and I feel like it can go at lease another 100,000 miles.

Awesome first car

by New car owner from Occidental, CA | January 23, 2012

I recently purchased a 2000 Honda Accord DX. While it is meager on the extras, it is extremely fun t drive. The 2.3 liter 4 cylinder engine isn't the best at accelerating over 60 mph, but on the winding roads I drive on, it handles like a dream. My biggest complaint is the static build-up from the cloth seats on dry days. Overall a great first car.

very reliable

by Efficicient car lover from Plaquemine, LA | April 29, 2011

I would still have this car except I needed more seating. Loved it. No problems ever!!! Only regular care required.

I love my Accord

by AP from Charlotte, NC | March 31, 2011

I own a 2000 Accord EX-L 4-cylinder and I love it. I was a little hesitant when I bought it back in 2007 because it had 164,000 miles on it. Today, I am approaching 195,000 miles and have never felt more confident in an automobile. I owned a Ford Explore previously, and it had low mileage, but when I would crank the engine, I would get nervous to when it would break down. I never have to worry about my Accord. It is a great vehicle and at 11 years old, it looks better than a lot of new cars!

Very Smooth and awsome ride

by bond007 from Silver Spring, MD | March 22, 2011

Very reliable and dependable car. I have heard from people about recall on this Honda, but my car's transmission is original and very smooth. Do your regular maintenance and this honda will last for long.

WOW

by rhodyman from Connecticut | December 11, 2010

Bought this 2000 EX V6 used with 54,000 miles on it in 2004. Now have 200,500 mile on the car. Replaced alternator at 100,000 and alternator bracket at 150,000. That is all!! Runs like a swiss watch. Nothing breaks in this car. Struts still original. Did one set of brakes, some tires and regular maintenance. Do your timing belt every 100,000 and flush auto transmission fluid every 50,000. I have owned toyotas and nissians, I would put honda 1st, toyota 2nd and nissian 3rd. Used to buy American but gave up!! This honda has been the most reliable car I have owned.

I loved that car

by Accord lover from Newport, VT | November 10, 2010

I would recommend that car to anybody who wants a reliable car. I bought it in 2000, and it was with great sadness that I let it go a couple of months ago. The only reason I did, was to get something with more cargo space. My honda never gave me any problem. I just hope that my new vehicule will give the same satisfaction.

Featured Services for this Honda Accord