2003 Honda Accord

2003 Honda Accord
Available in 10 styles:  2003 Honda Accord 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Hands down best car I’ve owned

by Luvmyaccord from | July 14, 2015

I purchased this car in Feb ‘05 as a used car with 44k miles, with only one previous owner. My DH has taken excellent care to make sure that the maintenance was performed as described in the owner’s manual. I use the car mostly for a commute daily, but we have taken it on several long trips and it has always traveled well. I have now been driving this car for more than 10years!!! In this time there have been only 2 issues with the car both were with the A/C, which is a must living in FL. The DH was able to repair both issues without costly shop expense. We have used synthetic oil for the last few years, and of course brakes have been replaced and I have replaced the battery twice. But I would count those as routine maintenance not issues with the car. I have noticed that there is more wear on the car lately, but we are using the car much more these days. I feel like we are going to soon outgrow this car with our growing family and the need for more storage space. However, as trunks go this one stands out. Plenty of space for a stroller, play crib, and the other “stuff” that you always seem to need with kids. If it weren’t for the growing family—and need for more space—I would buy another Accord, opting for the Honda Van.

Best Car Ever

by Faithful from West Virgina | November 30, 2014

I purchased a 2004 Honda Accord EX with 15,000 miles in 2005. The car now has 156,000 miles in 2014. We followed Honda's recommendations for service (oil change, transmission service). During this time period there have been two sets of tires and two brake replacements. This past summer the air conditioning condenser went out. As preventive measure the water pump was replaced when the AC works was done. The only problem has been the dings and dents from parking lots. Honda got it right with this car. Since it was built in the US by American workers in my home state of OHIO, I will only be purchasing Honda vehicles. If you want a great vehicle get a Honda.

Avoid this model

by Annoyed from Indiana | July 28, 2014

Pretty much everything goes wrong with this car starting at 45K! You will end up spending way to much in oil then ever unless you blow the engine before notice your car has been using way to much oil. If you like checking your oil levels every 800 miles this is the car for you. If you enjoy spending lots of money on an old car this is the car for you. If you enjoy replacing a lot of parts this is the car for you. & if you enjoy having it in the shop more than you drive it well this is the car for you. If not a lot of people say to avoid this car!

Best First Car

by Connor from Florida | June 21, 2014

My parents bought this car for me for my birthday. This is my first car and I got it with 100000 miles on it. However, it runs as if it is brand new. Even though I don't drive it that much, It is always fun to drive. The cornering is great and it feels like a sport car. The 2.4 liter engine provides enough power to make driving a pleasure. The steering is tight yet provides exceptional maneuverability, making driving a blast. In my opinion it is a great first car and I will probably buy another Honda Accord later in life. This car is great.

my honda

by buckskin from hephzibah,ga. | June 3, 2013

I would recommend a honda accord to anyone who would like a reliable car at desend price,it has all the power toys in it,good gas mileage the get up and go of a sport car ilove it

Serious issue with sound system

by Bad electronics from Minneapolis | May 28, 2013

I have 2003 Honda accord LX, 5-sp, 4 cylinder. I use to like the car a lot. Fuel efficiency is excellent, comfy ride, no issues EXCEPT radio/CD, that made me give it such a low rating and take Honda of my purchase list. At less than 100,000 miles my sound system started having problems. It would stop working. I could see radio has power and light was on but no sound. I commute to work 25 miles one way and many times in rush hour. It is very annoying having no radio or CD to listen. After reading the internet forums/posts I learned that issue is across Honda fleet and the manufacturer does not care about it. Sound system issue disqualified Honda CRV from my purchase list and we went with another manufacturer when my wife needed new car.

Amazing car

by Don from Pasadena, MD | January 8, 2013

This car is rock solid. With 210,000 miles, it mostly drives like new. No rattles or squeaks, uses no oil, still has original exhaust system, etc. I have has it serviced "by the book", which I'm sure has contributed.

Going no where!!!

by Hitch1987 from Hamilton, ON | December 18, 2012

I purchased a 2003.5 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe, in 2007. This vehicle only had 69,000km on it at the time of purchase (38,000 mi approx.) As soon as I picked up the vehicle, I noticed some differences in the way that the vehicle was shifting... it was rough and noisy. Even moreso than my previous generation Honda Accord. I contacted the selling dealer at least 3 times a week, for 8 months. My complaints about the hard transmission shifting, noise and the lag in engine responsiveness went mostly unanswered. Fast forward 8 months after I took delivery. I’m on my way to my Moms place to pick her up for a Doctor’s appointment, and as I attempted to merge onto the highway (as I have done now many times over) to my surprise, well not really a surprise but a ticking time bomb I guess, my vehicle simply "gave up". I had the Honda Accord flat bedded to the Dealer, who then towed it to Mr. Transmission who then replaced the transmission that now had only 88,000km (51,000 mi) BUT WAIT ...THATS NOT IT!!! The failure was due to a botched recall. This recall was fixed at Longueil, in Quebec City, QC. Canada. The second gear jet pack wasn’t installed correctly which caused the gear to super heat, in turn this caused the filter to become clogged with metal shavings which then caused catastrophic failure. When I called Honda Canada to report my issue I was shocked to learn that they would refuse to help! I will never, ever purchase another Honda product. Not even a generator, or lawn mower! Thanks for the $5,000.00 replacement bill, Honda!! I have since purchased a 2007 Lexus ES 350 and I LOVE it! Toyota sure knows how to treat a customer, and I will never buy anything else! -Thanks, Hitch

Honda Accord EX L 2003 V6 Sedan

by TD from Pelham, NH | July 24, 2012

rock solid V6, leather is nice, friendly on tires and gas, low low maintenance, reliability - my only disappoint is the ride is not a smooth as the Camry

great transportation

by Honda John from Newport News, VA | July 21, 2012

After 114,000 miles of happy Hondaring, I would like to share with you my families great satisfaction with Hondas. We also have a CR-v and an Odyssey. I have the same breaks since 25,000 miles on the front and original on the rear. I average 25 mpg in the city and 35 mpgon the highway. I did 15% BETTER before Ethenol. I have broken the 40 mpg on one trip. I just wish the power was better and an extra tog in the transmission. I have been very happy with my Accord.