2005 Honda Accord

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Love my '05 Accord!

by Honda Owner for Life from Wytheville, VA | June 2, 2014

I just recently purchased my 2005 Honda Accord EX sedan and I love it! It is black with the wing spoiler on the back plus it has a sunroof and 6 CD changer. It not only looks great but drives great as well. Due to the fact my 2000 Grand Prix GTP was dying at 139,000 miles, I decided to give up on the american made cars and go with something that had a great reputation and got good gas mileage. My Accord averages about 27 MPG with mixed driving. Out on the highway I have gotten 30-31 MPG out of my 4 cylinder car. It seems slightly under-powered but I'm sure that is just from the fact I'm used to driving a 3.8 liter supercharged V6. I cant complain though! Seats could stand to be a little bit more comfortable but for the price you just can't beat it! 146,000 miles on the odometer but was given the seal of approval from the mechanic who told me it was flawless and had another 200,000 left in it. Yes it has more miles than my previous car but it is still way better than what I had. My advice, if you find an Accord you like, go ahead and jump on it before it is too late because they don't stay on the lot very long. I promise you wont be sorry! Looking forward to graduating from college so I can buy a new one too!

Great Find

by 4th time from Milwaukee | May 14, 2014

Fun and reliable. Sporty and comfortable. Definitely worth every penny. Great gas mileage. If you find one, do your self a favor. BUY IT!!!

Great Car.Nice performance.Good MPGs!

by Jake the car Enthusiast #25 from Park Forest, IL | March 14, 2014

This is my 25th car but my 2nd Honda. I have a 05 Pilot with 145k strong! The 05 accord (v-tec 4) 5speed is a beast for what it is, 0 to 60 in 9 sec! I love the handling & performance on the road it gets up and goes. Great gas mileage as well. Yes its a little over priced so make sure find one that is priced fairly. I bought mine with 153k on it and it was in great shape and still runs like new! Very reliable car! If you need a good pre-owned vehicle this is your best bet!

Another rating by me after 5 years...

by tushbobo from Lagos,Nigeria | February 8, 2014

I bought my 05 Accord in 2009.I reviewed it on this site on January 28,2010... I gave the car a 4 star rating then but after 5 years of use,I am back to give it a 5 star rating. I have had no cause to replace anything in my accord.I do not give much attention to maintenance as I used to due to the nature of my current job but my Accord has never disappointed me.The interior quality is better than my brother's Toyota Lexus. The only issue is the space between the front seats and the gear/armrest area which makes items fall in and difficult to retrieve. This car still stands tall even beside more recent models of Honda and other cars.5 stars all the way!!

This car was great!

by Vlad from Asheville, NC | October 17, 2013

I bought an 05 Accord LX 3.0 in 2007. This car is made of great quality. I also have an 06 Cadillac, but the quality isn't as great as Honda's. Never had any serious issues with it, praise God! Just changed the steering pump and had a safety recall for the power steering hose, which was actually damaged, but the dealer replaced it without a charge. The car is a good car though. If you love avoiding spending money on repairs, you should get an Accord.

J Steel

by Thruway Milage from Rochester NY | October 2, 2013

J Steel has been a great car. My 2005 Honda Accord has 130,000 miles and is still comfortable and reliable. Things I've replaced: Serpentine Belt (85,000) Squeak Starter (100,000) Died Window controller (115,000) Died

Honda Solid

by PV Guy in AZ from Prescott Valley, AZ | August 5, 2013

I traded my 2011 Subaru Legacy (aka: a piece of junk) for the 6-cylinder Accord with less than 49k miles. Compared to the Subaru that was built not to last the Honda is rock solid and feels bullit proof. I have owned several Hondas prior to this one and one cannot find a more reliable vehicle. Love the powerful engine, sporty feels (especially with the moon roof open), terrific stereo, frigid A/C, tight handling, large trunk, roomy in the back seat, numerous airbags, and key fob that opens all the windows at once. Wish the car got better MPG and had a USB connection, but that's the only improvements I can think of.

Accord unbiased opinion

by Road Warrior from Atlanta GA | July 24, 2013

I bought this 2005 Accord EX-L V6 in order to fill the need for a new job with lots of travel. I needed something that rode well, got decent mileage, and wasn't an absolute bore to drive. Comfort- Not really all that great, average at best. After a few hours on the interstate I find myself having to get out and move around, stretch out and wander. I've owned many cars over the years, this one is middle of the pack at best for comfort. Performance- I specifically got the V6 hoping to avoid a car that wasn't able to get out of it's own way. Again, this is a middle of the pack contender. It's definately not going to win any races, and it's performance on the interstate at 70mph being give 100% throttle to pass is again mediocre. Better than a 4 cylinder, but still under powered. Fuel economy is unimpressive. I get about 26-27 on the interstate. I expected more, given than I've had big American V8's that could get up to 30mpg. Disappointing at best Styling- The exterior is what it is made to be, an economy car. There is nothing appealing to the eye, and it's not uncommon to see 20 of these in a day. I've never been happy with the trunk mechanism. The trunk if left in any position other than 100% up will slam on you while you are leaning in. The interior is fairly well setup for the driver to use. Nothing spectacular here either, again it is an economy car. It all serves it's intended purpose. Value- Right now, these cars are extremely overpriced. People are trying to get upwards of $2000 over retail price for car with 200 thousand miles on them, many with body damage. There is little incentive to buy a used Honda right now for that reason. I stumbled upon a fair deal when I was in a hurry to find one. Otherwise, I'd have bought another brand Reliability- So far, it has been solid. This is 40 days after purchase, with 220000 miles. This remains to be seen in the future, however they do have a decent reputation. Overall, 3 out of 5 stars. The fuel economy was the biggest let down considering the lack of real power. For the purposes of extensive travel, next time I may consider a 4 cylinder since the V6 doesn't offer much more in the way of get up and go.

nice car but has rear wheel noise ...

by mikey from freehol | June 15, 2013

i drove this car at freehold honda, rear wheel noise otherwise it drove well, price is more than it's worth.

Cherry 2005 Accord

by Dad from South Jersey | June 2, 2013

I found an excellent car on Cars.com for my son. Very reasonable price. Very good condition. My Honda dealer told us, "You foung a great car, boy!"

Featured Services for this Honda Accord