2008 Honda Accord

2008 Honda Accord

Available in 10 styles:  2008 Honda Accord 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Excellent gas mileage, and great reliability.

by Comfort and Convenience from Rocklin, CA | October 6, 2013

Only downside is the lack of horsepower from 0-60. Otherwise, it has excellent gas mileage. Very comfortable to ride in. Great leg room.

2008 is not the best car

by reliablecarexperts from Los Angeles, CA | March 18, 2013

This Honda Accord is the first change they had in a while (notice that it is pretty much the same since 2008, and the the models before it are different). After many reviews and testing, this is probably the most problematic car. in 2009 and moving forward, the problems are worked out and are much more reliable! We highly recommend that it is worth the little extra spend on getting a 2009 model or higher. Best of luck on the car hunt!

Great looking car

by 1861190 from Port Ludlow WA | December 7, 2012

I bought a 2008 Accord Coupe with 33,000 miles on it.4 cyl.l auto EX. The rear brakes had been adjusted per the recall. Have only put about 1000 miles on the car to date but it handles well, is well appointed and reasonably economical . It is after all a Honda (we have owned seven Hondas ) so we expect reliability and long service.

5th hondaaccord exl v-6

by chis from Rock Hill,S.C. | August 29, 2012

have had nothing but pleasure, and reliable response from my accord when i think i found 1 to keep the new style emerges with many user friendly features, and the ride is always exciting and fun and attention to detail is another strong suit for the auto maker, most honda drivers that venture away always seem to find their way back either thru a new purchase for themselves or a family member, thanks Honda for being one of if not the best feature and benefit automaker around

First Honda I've Owned

by Bara1220 from Lancaster, SC | June 25, 2012

I am the second owner of this Honda Accord. Downsized from a Buick Park Avenue. Love the handling and the gas mileage. A little less roomy than I am accustomed to but that is ok. Highly recommend a Honda.

Really solid car, great features, good power

by Objective Reviewer from Chicago, IL | May 23, 2012

This is my second Accord, first was 2001 6cyl driven to 160k miles without a single mechanical problem (bought new). Wanted something newer so bought used 08 EX-V6 with 30k miles, have put an additional 15k on it since purchase and again no problems. More power and better mileage than my 01. No issues with brakes... yet. Bucket seats aren't super plush, but still quite comfortable (sportier feeling) Cylinder management system is great for gas mileage, especially when cruising, but when combined with the traction control detracts from the "fun" potential. I usually just turn the traction control off, which allows for impressive launches. Engine noise is prevalent, but the V6 sounds pleasantly "throaty", much improved over my 2001. The instrument panel could use some improvement. The buttons are mostly all same size and shape... takes some getting used to. Family members own same class import sedans from 2 other leading Japanese manufacturers, and Accord is easily the most attractive, and overall fit and finish is also clearly best.

Jury's still out, but verdict looks positive

by Retired guy from Austin, TX | May 8, 2012

I bought my EX-L, 4-cyl. (auto) Honda in June 2011 used with 28K miles on it. Drove it the next day on a 3,300 mile trip to Montana and Wyoming. MPG range was 29.6 to 39.4 over flat and mountainous terrain. It is noisy in the cabin. I have pulled the OEM Michelin Pilots and replaced them with Bridgestone Turanza Serenity (225/50R-17) Next, I installed HushMat insulation and sound-proofing in all four doors. Now, it's quiet. I have had no brake problems, interior problems, or other problems. Will hit the road for another 3-4K trip next month. At 37K on it, it runs well. Oh, BTW, the dealer told me I could go 10,000 miles on an oil change. That is BS. I'll still change at 3 to 4K. $48 per change is cheap insurance to keep the engine from dying before 100K. My last Accord had 203K with little loss of compression. Will post an update later this year on performance.

trustfull maker

by Petra from nothern NJ | April 16, 2012

just perfect overall. I am using this Accord for 4 years now and so far haven't see any disadvantages or fails. Reccomend the brand

Best vehicle ever

by wanted this car for 3 years from Pennsauken, NJ | February 17, 2012

I waited patiently....continued to check back time to time and found the car of my dreams at a price that I could not believe.

Me too, "first and last time Honda owner."

by Back to Ford from Ohio | January 23, 2012

I have an EX-L coup with four cylinder manual. This car is beautifully designed, at least for coup lovers but unfortunately it isn't built well. It was great off the show room floor but it turned sour very quickly. As with other owners I have had premature break wear and too much road noise but I can add to this that my car has had three PCM upgrades and it still doesn't run well in cold weather and, worst of all, it drinks oil. I no longer think in terms of MPG but in MPQ (miles per quart). Honda's answer to this problem is to put my car on an oil consumption watch. Supposedly if they find it uses more than a quart per thousand miles they might do something about this. I am not holding my breath, particularly since I noticed that when they started the "watch" they over filled the sump. I don't think they expected me to check how much oil they put in it. I don't know if a ring job would fix the problem but I am hoping to trade this thing in for a Ford or something like that before it gets worse. What a disapointment this thing has been.