The Accord family sedan received an extensive redesign a couple years ago that included all-new styling inside and out, a spacious rear seat for the sedan, more standard safety features and more powerful engines, including an optional V-6 with advanced fuel-saving technology. Competitors include the Nissan Altima and Toyota Camry.
New for 2010
Changes are minor. Hands-free Bluetooth capability is now standard on all models with leather seats (not just those with the navigation system), and EX models gain new backseat ventilation ducts.
Offered in sedan and coupe forms, the two Accord styles are distinct; they share no body panels or glass. The sedan is as assertive as the coupe when viewed head-on, but it loses some presence as you move around to the sides and rear. The coupe has a chiseled look highlighted in front by a narrow mesh grille and bulging front fenders.
- 16-inch steel wheels with hubcaps standard on sedan
- 16- and 17-inch alloy wheels available on sedan
- 17-inch alloy wheels standard on coupe
- 18-inch alloy wheels available on coupe
The Accord's cabin treads closer to the domain of Honda's luxury brand, Acura, with its use of high-quality materials, good fit and finish, and the adoption of an optional knob-based navigation system in place of the car's previous touch-screen setup.
- Seating for five
- Standard cloth seats
- Optional leather-wrapped steering wheel and leather seats
- Standard features include air conditioning, cruise control, a CD stereo with an auxiliary input jack, a tilt/telescoping steering wheel with audio buttons and lighted vanity mirrors
- Optional electronics include Bluetooth-based cell phone connectivity, XM Satellite Radio and a premium audio system with a subwoofer
Under the Hood
The front-wheel-drive Accord can have either of two 2.4-liter four-cylinder engines or a 3.5-liter V-6.
- Manual or automatic transmissions available
- Four-cylinder makes 177 or 190 horsepower, depending on trim level
- V-6 makes 271 hp, and when paired with the automatic transmission it includes Honda's Variable Cylinder Management, a fuel-saving cylinder-deactivation system
- Performance-oriented V-6 coupe with the manual transmission doesn't get VCM
Safety features include:
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags
- Electronic stability system
- All-disc antilock brakes
- Active front head restraints
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Honda Accord
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.