2013 Honda Accord

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Pulsating Brakes

by NeilA from Appleton ,WI | April 9, 2014

Just bought this Honda Accord EX L last month with 11k miles on it .Drove it to Canada ,over 950 mile round trip.Great on gas and very comfortable to drive. My only issue is the break pulsation coming off the hwy . Taking it in to the dealer next week

Most serviced car i've owned

by Completely Frustrated from Puerto Rico | April 7, 2014

I've taken this car for service more than 8 times in the last year. While driving the power steering just loose power and it STOP working!!! Had to turn off the vehicle and turn it back on until the light goes off and return to normal operation. Every time I took it for service they gave me a new theory, reset the computer and then told me it was fixed because they test drive it around the corner and nothing happened. The third time a Honda inspector ordered a new rack & pinion, new gearbox and fixed the problem for a while. After that when you turn the wheel you hear a cracking sound in it. Couple of month later it's start happening again this time after a couple of conversations with managers and state agencies they had to replace the whole engine electric system since they already replace everything else. Been 3 weeks so far and everything ok, hope it stays that way. Value for the money? really!!!! I paid a little over 35k for ex-l coupe I4, not even the v6. It's overpriced in the island because there's only one supplier: Bella International. Thanks American Honda

Best car I've owned so far!

by Vorke from Las Vegas | March 29, 2014

I owned Honda Civic Si2008 before this accord and im very satisfied with both cars. Even though this accord has more torque power, civic seemed more aggressive but not whole lot of faster 1/4 mile car. Performance in accord is still pretty good considering that its using about 20% less gas then a civic Si. Engine noise is definitely eliminated with this new model and exterior of the car has improved tremendously. Suspension is even stiffer than in previous models which allows to get around corners much quicker but also increasing a noise when you gotta go over the bumps and holes. Therefore it definitely has its sport feeling, and its worth the money you are paying for.

Love hate relationship

by CarObsessed from Ennis, TX | February 23, 2014

I traded my 2011 4 cylinder Accord LX-P for my current 2013 Accord EX-L V6. I love most everything about the car. I have read many negative reviews about random things that I don't find problematic. The car has more power than most of its competitors (Camry, Avalon, etc.) I drove all and this was the one I liked best. The only problems I have had were the radio glitch which was easily fixed with a software update and I have had to have the A/C condenser cooling fan replaced twice and it is now needing a third replacement because of a high pitched squeal coming from them. Also, I have had to have the driver airbag module replaced once and it messed up again causing a "cracking" noise when you turn the wheel. They replaced a cable reel in the steering wheel which didn't fix the cracking noise, so I suppose that it is the air bag module again. I read a review previously about the fact that there are normal halogen lights on the EX-L V6 where the Touring has full LED headlights and I agree that either HID or LED on the EX-L should be a change. Also, I would like the sport wheels to be available on the EX models as they are much classier looking. I love all the little tech things that the other manufacturers aren't currently offering or if they are they don't have them all and another company has the other part. I feel the Accord just combines all the best into one car. I had a rough ride in my 2011 at first which smoothed out after breaking in. However, I do not agree this one has a bad ride! It is a huge step up from my 2011 on ride quality and road noise. And the sound system is superb! I think some people just might not know how to properly tune their radios.

Weird quirks about the V6 Coupe

by Shop-a-holic from Dallas, TX | February 3, 2014

I purchased a certified pre-owned 2013 V6 coupe 3 days ago and just returned it to the dealership. This is why: 1) The V6 coupe does not have an adjusting seatbelt, so if you're above 6ft tall, expect the belt strap to rub on your shoulder. 2) auto-braking is standard on all V6 honda's, so when you're driving under 40mph in the city so expect the car to automatically reduces speed, therefore preventing you from cruising speed. 3) On the automatic transmission, the shifting gear easily slips into S (just behind D) and you won't realize it for a while. 4) The two screens are very distracting on the road. 5) The stereo speakers are pathetic.

Buyer's remorse

by BobC from San Diego, CA | February 3, 2014

I would give this car a 5-star rating, but...the ride quality is so harsh as to be very uncomfortable. I traded in a 2008 Accord Sedan for this car, so I have a point of reference. The 2008 was smooth as silk. This car? Just the opposite. You bounce all over the place and can feel every little imperfection in the road. If not for that, it's a great car. I love the styling and the features. The gas mileage is significantly better than my 2008, and it feels quicker to boot. It's unfortunate that Honda missed so badly on something so basic. Of course, I took it for a test drive before buying, but I would recommend anyone considering a new Accord take one for an extended test drive over a variety of surfaces. Learn from my mistake.

You've been warned...

by miserable Honda Accord lessee from Columbus OH | February 3, 2014

I leased my 2013 Accord V6 EX-L w/Nav exactly one year ago, and I'm so unhappy driving this. Look, I like its exterior styling, it's V6 pick up, and its various technology throughout. But listening to music at normal volumes is important to me in my daily commute, and I completely missed a deal-breaking detail when test driving and making my offer when leasing this turkey for 3 years last February: the car's factory sound system is the worst one I've ever encountered in any $30k sedan price point or class. Don't be suckered by the bluetooth connectivity. There's a complete lack of bass response throughout all 5 speakers here. Go on...adjust the subwoofer and the bass settings...NOTHING happens. So I've brought this in to my Honda dealer for warranty service multiple times, and have had pointless difficult conversations with my Columbus OH dealer's service manager: all I receive is a canned corporate flat response that this is the normal way this sound system is supposed to sound and that nothing is wrong here. Unacceptable! Would love to escalate this. Who's with me? So be advised and don't be fooled, if a car's factory sound system is important to you, then I advise to you to listen to it for yourself, play with those non-functioning settings, and then find a better car to spend $30k on. True story.

2013 Honda Accord V6 Coupe w/o Navi

by Josh from Sacramento, CA. | February 2, 2014

Great car. I bought this car for just under $30k in the SF Bay Area in January 2013, and so far I have 9800 miles on it in little over a year. I've gotten plenty of positive feedback on it. This is my second Accord, with my first being the 2011 Accord Coupe V6, and overall my fifth Honda car. Every Honda I've had had ZERO problems with them whatsoever. I absolutely dig the blind-spot camera and the LED DRL's. However, my only gripe with the car is that I wish it had Xenon HID headlights to better compliment the LED DRL's on it. I hope to have this car until 2030 at least or 250,000 - whichever comes first.

So far so good!

by Aleksandr from New Jersey | January 22, 2014

I love this car but for now two problems with my base 2013 Accord: 1. Seat cloth (fabric) so cheap! 2. Wipers also very bad quality! Thank you, Honda!

Love It, Love It, Love It....

by Petite Drriver from Boynton Beach, Fl | December 29, 2013

I love my 2013 Honda Accord! It drives nice and smoothly. The technology in it is easy to use. It easily and automatically connects to my iPhone through Bluetooth and allows me to listen to music and makes calls hands-free. I really love the backup camera and the large display. It makes it much easier to backup in a parking lot and see what is behind you. When you turn on the right turn indicator, a camera shows you what is to the right of the car. And the left side mirror, has a part that let's you see the blind spot...no more blind spots!! I like the thicker steering wheel which provides for a better grip and the way the controls are set up. Interior is very comfortable. Honda did a great job designing this car for drivers of all ages! I also love the rubber trunk liner. I was transporting a cooked turkey and the juices spilled all over the trunk. After wiping up the juices, I was easily able to pull out the rubber liner and wash it. The rubber liner was a life saver. I would highly suggest this vehicle to anyone. I could go on and on about this car. I can not think of anything negative to say....