2013 Honda Accord

Available in 10 styles:  2014 Honda Accord 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Fun, good car (V6)

by MarineOne from Nashville | June 5, 2015

After reading other reviews noticed most negative comments are about the V4. I bought a new EXL V6 in 2013 and love it. With 278 horses, but also gets 34 mpg, why settle for a V4? Very fun to drive. Will say I'm not too keen on the variable value tech as it can be clunky when shifting and the radio has glitches a few time. Still, one of my favorite cars and will keep for s long time.

Worst riding sedan I have ever driven

by Just want a nice ride from Mundelein, Il | March 22, 2015

2013 Honda Accord 4 door EX-L with 2.4 L 4 cylinder engine, CVT I bought this car used with 27k miles. After 6 weeks of driving over 1200 miles I came to the conclusion that I had made a terrible mistake. Here is my evaluation of the car starting with the good. The car was silver and I thought it looked really sharp. The interior is incredibly spacious and quite with no squeaks or rattles. Plenty of leg room in both the front and back seats. The leather seats are very comfortable and I had no trouble getting the seats in a perfect position for me. I thought the interior looked nice and was not cheap looking. The car was loaded with Nav, backup and side view cameras, collision detection warning, premium radio , bluetooth and all possible connectivity and a 16gb hard drive, etc. What could you not like? The instrument cluster looked cool at first because I was impressed with all the technology. After a short while the instrument cluster began to remind me of the control panel of a jet airline. It turned out to be way too complicated, distracting and quite quirky. Sometimes...... the rear camera did not show the guide lines, the wallpaper on the main screen would not show up, the radio would produce an irritating high pitched sound out of the front speakers, the hard drive would get stuck playing one song and would not switch to another selection no matter what I did. I would have to turn the car completely off and then restart it to clear up any of these problems. Of course the dealer said "there is nothing we can do about intermittent problems that are computer related especially when you have a "work around". The premium radio included 2 subwoofers that were adjustable along with the usual treble and bass settings. I turned treble all the way down and bass all the way up and boosted the sub woofers to about 75% and the radio still sounded tinny to me. The voice commands worked only some of the time. You had to be in a specific display screen for some of the commands to work, making it way too complicated. If I used the voice commands to say "Radio Fm preset 3" it would show me all of the close restaurants or start calling a contact. I seemed to have a different problem every day. All of this technology has a tall learning curve and would be great if it worked all the time. If you buy this car you will need to read all of the 600+ pages of manuals to fully understand how everything should work. And then "good luck". The engine is smooth and once I got familiar with the characteristics of the CVT transmission I really liked it. The acceleration does slightly lag behind the engine RPMs initially but then accelerates at a nice strong rate. It is very predictable and I got used to it quickly. I think the engine is the best thing about this car. I was getting 27 mpg around town. The ride "on a VERY smooth road" is excellent. Highway driving on a smooth road was very quiet, with no wind and very little road noise. I would rate the car a five star for riding "on a smooth road" only. Now we get to the real deal killer for me. When you drive on a road that is imperfect or bumpy you sometimes feel like you are riding in an old Wrangler. Every bump, every dip, and every crack in the road sends a bone jarring sensation through the car. The roads in my town are beat up after this last winter and bumps are felt by other cars that I have ridden in recently, but at least the bumps are softened up. This Accord however, turns each ride into a bone jarring nightmare. The ride is simply terrible. I can't imagine why Honda designed a family sedan with this kind of ride. Dealer's service department says that the car is designed for a sporty ride and nothing can be done. I originally test drove this car for about 2 hours and knew the suspension was stiff, but I was mostly concentrating on the engines smoothness and acceleration characteristics and the cars technology. I admittedly did not give it a complete evaluation before buying it. After 6 weeks and 1200 miles of ownership I decided to sell the car taking a financial hit in doing so.My advice is stay away from this generation of Honda Accords.

Have bought 7 of the past 8 Generation Accords

by Automotive Enthusiast from East Coast New England | February 12, 2015

My 1st Accord was in 1984 and I loved it, a 3-door hatch back that saw me through college. Then when starting my finance career I traded it for a 1988 EX that I planned to drive for 5-ys and trade for the 1993, but the 1993 model wasn't desirable at all. Honda's worst accord in my opinion, so when the 1998 came out I jumped to get a EX as my 1988 had over 170K mi. I put about 90K on the 1998 and traded for the 2003 EX V6 which was loaded. My wife drove it more than I as we added a Honda Pilot to our Honda Family in 2005. In 2008 we traded the 2003 for a 2008 EX, and that for a 2014 Accord EX-L which as been the best Accord thus far. Honda creates a brand new design every 5-yrs and the years ending in a 3 or 8 are the 1st year of the newest generation Accord. I(we) love our Accord's, have rented the Camry & Altima when on vacation in FL each Fall & Spring and still feel we have the best family sedan available !

2013 Honda Accord Sport - 4 Cyl

by Ev from Charlotte, NC | January 14, 2015

I bought this car just this past Sunday. I have to say I got a great deal on it! I have liked this car since test driving it about a year ago but wasn't financially stable enough to purchase until now. I've read a lot of poor reviews on this car about a rough ride, poor quality sound system.. etc... First of all, it rides great - smooth, fun to drive AND your supposed to feel some of the road... we aren't in a space craft. Secondly, the sound system in my 2013 honda sounds great. People mention not being able to adjust tremble/ bass... then yours is busted.. BUT PEOPLE - this is a factory system... in my last car (2002 monte carlo) i had installed two twelve inch subs (so yes i like music and yes I know how good music sounds). From the sounds of it you have WAY TOO HIGH of expectations for a factory system. But i must say when I was test driving it my girlfriend and I were very impressed with it, and I still am. No need to make any additions to the sound system. Other than that.. the computer module on the dash froze up one time but it was when the dealership was showing me the features and she was clicking three buttons a second.. so I expected. AMAZING headrests by the way. Whatever they are made of i need my pillows made of the same stuff. Overall am loving this car. Have averaged approx. 28 mpg city and highway so far.

Accord is no longer the king in my opinion

by Car Lover from Raleigh, NC | January 12, 2015

I've I've owned my Accord Ex-L for over a year now, and unfortunately, I cannot recommend this car. The exterior redesign is definitely its strong suit, especially if you have the lip spoiler. The engine is very fuel efficient and typical Honda 4 cylinder excellence. I’ve averaged 40 MPG easily on the highway. My issue is with the interior. There is a loud wind noise around the B pillar. The interior has a lot of hard, cheap plastic that looks it. The wood trim looks like cheap painted plastic. If you don’t opt for the navigation system, there is a door in place of the knob, and it’s very cheap feeling. The leather is nice and the seats are fairly comfortable. There are quite a few squeaks and rattles around the car that is definitely un-Honda like in my opinion. And the radio is very cheap sounded. If you play a song that has a lot of base, you will hear squeaks and rattles from the rear speakers. Please shop around. Don’t just buy this car because it’s a Honda. Honda is no longer the king of the automotive industry like they once were, and there are many reliable options. Cross shop before buying this car. wned my Accord Ex-L for over a year now, and unfortunately, I cannot recommend this car. The exteropr redesogm is definitely a

What a surprise

by Honda Enigma from Staten Island, NY | December 27, 2014

Honda is known for making good cars, but boy did they get this one wrong. The ride is absolutely bone-shattering. It manages to show every single imperfection on the road and rattle it through your spine while sitting in those rock hard seats. The pick up is another thing. You can stand on the gas pedal and you don't feel like you're moving. I'm actually afraid to drive this on the highway because of how much effort it takes to get up to speed. The engine makes a lot of noise without doing much, except waste gas. For a 4 cylinder, I expected good gas mileage. This engine takes gas like a V8, showing about 15 MPG in the city. There are cars for the same price that offer much better performance and quality.

2014 Honda Accord Sport

by Dave from | December 11, 2014

Bought a 2014 Honda Accord Sport. Now a car with the word Sport you would expect it to have some power. I have no idea what Honda has done, maybe the annoying CVT transmission. I have a 2006 4 cyclinder Honda accord , that is faster that this 2014 accord sport. Had my wife drive it, and she even said this is no pick up.. I took this Honda Accord "Sport(Laugh)" back to Honda. Not sure if 0 - 60 in 10 seconds should be expected from Honda.. They lost my busiiness.

I've owned LX model

by GM from Syracuse, NY | November 24, 2014

Fabric seat very hard clean with vacuum cleaning,(in 2014 LX model change for better) grill front cheap, after one years have bubble.

Love this car so much!

by tanya from Pulaski, WI | October 5, 2014

The whole buy was amazing the customer service was very Great and helpful! This car is way cute! If you will need a car go to S and I motors and get your car here! The prices are amazing and you will not regret!

Accord 2013

by karshank from torrance | August 27, 2014

Recently i bought a certified Honda accord ,car drives good ,worth every penny and mostly interesting part is even LX model loaded with features,Based on my experiences i like to registered few facilities unintentionally took back from earlier versions like opening between trunk and rear seat reduced,if you plan to take any lengthy object like small mattress or Dinning table ,u cant despite of a big car,Mileage is good but not that great, in city u get around 18 mpg, rest i love this car,