2014 Honda Accord

Starting MSRP

Overall

20,000 mile update

by 1owner from | August 25, 2015

4 cyl, leather EX-L. No nav. Nothing to fix or adjust when first purchased. No issues at all after 20,000 miles. We put a lot of in-town as well as long distance miles on this vehicle. Our latest trip of 2,000 miles averaged 38 mpg (70 - 75 mph). My best full tank on a trip has been 39.5 mpg as I measured it. Honda's on-board fuel mileage readings are about .5 mpg higher than I measure. A steady 55 mph yields 42 mpg on country road trips. During the winter, we get about 22mpg on very short in-town trips (fewer than 2 miles to work). Summer in-town driving is about 28 mpg. It gets to 32 mpg quickly if we drive more than 6 miles. There is some wind noise at speed, but little other noise. This is a very quiet car. No rattles, no squeaks. We don't use the voice commands or a lot of the other electronic features. The sound system is good. And the phone syncs nicely. The seats are reasonably comfortable on long trips, Our last trip included 14 hours in the car in one day. The CVT transmission is problem free. No stuttering or vibrations. And even with the 2.4, this is a quick car if necessary. Handling is agile. Steering is light, but direct and there is no wandering on the highway. There is a lot of room in the back for any sized passengers. Lots of trunk space. And the way we drive it, it is usually 8 to 10 thousand miles between synthetic oil changes (per Honda's on-board diagnostics). And it does not burn any oil between changes. I would buy this car again in a heartbeat. This could be the most economical car I've ever owned. With mileage and comfort this good, why buy anything smaller, a hybrid, or anything else?

Great car and excellent service

by Casual semi-retired driver from Plano, TX | June 17, 2015

I bought a slightly used (1800 miles) from Lute Riley Honda in Richardson, TX in 2014. What a great riding vehicle; we really appreciated how much time the sales representative spent with us to explain all of the car's features. The main reason I'm writing this review, however, is to brag on how amazing Lute Riley's Express Service is; fast, efficient, knowledgeable and candid. I'm 73 years young, and this the best car with the very best service I've ever had.

The best car I have ever owned

by The best of the best from Rockledge, Florida | June 12, 2015

Bought my car Nov 2013. It has surpassed my expectations. This is my ninth Honda and by far the best. Great gas mileage, handling, and looks. If you are in the market for a mid sized car, you must take a look at the accord

2014 accord coupe V6 EXL-NAVI

by centerline from Cleveland Ohio | June 6, 2015

Third Honda, my second Accord, first one was with the inline 4. Nice upgrade to the V6 - in the sport mode it is a blast to drive with the paddle shifters. This car comes with all available features. I am not into all of the technical aspects (voice command etc) but I do like the ease of selecting audo/menu choices from the steering wheel. I get a lot of great comments on the tiger eye pearl color. The only issue for me is that I am 6'2" and I am a bit of a glove fit in the cabin space with regards to the ceiling height. But other than that great car. Mileage has averaged around 25 mpg for me and I am very satisfied with that - only about 25% highway driving.

?This Honda is very uncomfortable

by Cy from Whittier from Whittier, CA | June 3, 2015

As a family sedan, the ride for 2014 Honda Accord is unacceptably stiff. It seems to be due to the rear suspensions, as it gets better if there is some weight on the back like 2 more passengers. The car's performance is great. Good fuel economy, fairly nice interior and exterior, although a bit generic. I really liked the lane changing camera, but I wonder why there isn't an option to keep it on at all times. Unfortunately the purchase decision was made by the wife's past experience with the Honda brand, and despite noticing some stiff bounces during the test drive, she still pulled the trigger. Yes, this car does feel a bit like a truck...

Used Car still under Warranty

by Danylecosmos from San Francisco | April 7, 2015

David at SF Honda was of great help for us to choose the car and processing all the necessary papers, etc..He was very professional, helpful and friendly.

CVT Transmission

by Jeff from Gadsden from Gadsden, AL | January 29, 2015

I purchased my 2014 Accord Sport 7 months ago. Since day one, the car jerks when cold. I took it back to the dealer who says this is a known problem and is inherent to the design of the CVT transmission. Now they are putting the same CVT transmission in the CRV's as well. Not good. Road noise is also very bad which may be attributed to the Bridgestone low profile tires, which came on the Sport model. Overall, I am not satisfied with the car, primarily due to the transmission. I wish I had bought the V6 with a regular automatic transmission. Live and learn.

Honda Accord EX/EX-L One of the Best Family Sedans

by Import Jockey from Central Florida Gulf Coast | January 8, 2015

We have been buying Honda Accords since 1984, and we trade every 5-yrs with the exception of 1994. The 1993-1997 body-style was the only Accord I disliked. We have had at least one of every body-style w/ the above exception. We trade them mid-summer in years ending in 4 & 9. Most have been a EXL, but I think we had 2-EX trim types along the way. The current generation is by far Honda's nicest Accord yet, although there have been some great models over the years. We also drive a Acura SUV, the 2014 RDX, and plan to trade it the same as our Accords. Honda is the only auto manufacturer that has never had a financial loss corporately. The reliability, resale & solid craftsmanship is superior to most sedans built & sold in the US. Where else can you buy a EXL Accord, drive it for 5-yrs and trade for a brand new model for $10K or less. We will never have another sedan as our primary vehicle. We just wish Honda would add a cooled/heated front seat option as standard equipment on the EXL and up trim's. They will, as Acura does now in the 2015 TLX, so the Accord EXL is next.

BEST SALES REP

by NICE CAR from FORT MYERS, FL | December 30, 2014

JOSH IS THE BEST SALES REPRESENTATIVE THERE IS IN THE DEA;ER HE IS VERY PROFESSIONAL. HELPS ME OUT ALOT WITH THE CAR I WAS INTERESTED IN. VERY HELPFUL AND PROFESSIONAL. HAVE GONE TO MANY DEALERS AND NONE OF THEM HAVE HELPED ME NOUT THE WAY THEY DO AT HONDA DEALER IOF FORT MYERS..

IN LOVE WITH MY NEW ACCORD

by nismo from NAPLES | December 30, 2014

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND COMPLETELY SAFISTIED WITH THE CUSTOMER REP BY THE NAME OF JOSH AT HONDA FORT MYERS.