2014 Honda Accord

Available in 10 styles:  2015 Honda Accord 2dr Coupe shown

Overall

First time Honda buyer, Accord LX

by Dave from Charleston, Illinois | June 13, 2016

This is the first Honda I've ever owned. I bought it certified pre-owned and have put 3000 miles on it so far. General opinion on it is that is is a very well thought out car. The biggest appeal to me is that it is American sized and has a lot of room that some of its competitors lack. Styling inside and out are conservative yet handsome. The car is an LX model, and while it may not have as many gadgets as some, Honda did not skimp on the equipment on its base model. My complaints are few and don't detract from the car as a whole. I wish the trunk opened more when popping it open as it barely cracks open. I wish there was a key hole or opener on the trunk itself because the only way to open it is by key fob button or the inside floor lever. Also, the inside floor lever is placed a little too far forward for me to reach when sitting in the seat. Some audio controls are buried in awkward menus. The speakers are weak and is the first thing I'm upgrading in the car. Finally, the back door quarter window catches you when opening the back door. Again, these are minor complaints. Overall, the car is quiet, plenty powerful, returns mid to high 30 mpg regularly, and is surprisingly spry for such a big car. I am confident in my purchase and look forward to driving my Honda for many years down the road.

Road Noise

by Tammy D from Arlington, WA | May 18, 2016

Worst car for freeway road noise. Could not carry on conversation with back seat passengers or hear people talking on radio. Traded car in for Mercedes Benz C class 8 months later and have never been happier!

13th Honda Accord I have owned.

by Car Enthusiast from Kearney Ne | February 8, 2016

All Honda Accords owned have been great cars and this one is no exception. Lots of new safety equipment and great gas mileage! This one is the best!

Outstanding car

by Mean Green from Montgomery AL | October 20, 2015

I recently purchased my Accord EXL V6 with 12, 486 miles on it. I am very much impressed with everything on it, this being my first Honda. If I keep it under 80 MPH, it will return 32.5 MPG. It is quite and has an excellent audio system. The V6 keeps up with traffic at any speed. I wish I had bought a Honda years ago. I don't have anything negative to say about this vehicle.

Reluctant Approval

by Veteran1 from Alabama Gulf Coast | October 19, 2015

Car is OK, but how can an EX-L with all the toys NOT have a garage door opener?? Black carpets make every speck of dirt and sand visible-Boo

2014 Honda Accord Sport

by SpartanLegend from SB, CA | October 6, 2015

I have owned or driven many different brands. This Honda is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned (gas mileage, exterior looks, function, quality finish.). It amazes me how great this vehicle is for the price I paid. WOW. I have had the car for little over a year, 32K miles, no issues whatsoever. Quite interior. If I had to nick-pick something to improve it would be 2 things. First the foam on the driver and passenger seat (outer rim foam). Be nice not to slide around (a bit), I personally prefer a denser foam. Second, the Goodyear tires are good, but I think the car drives better with Michelins (we have 2 Accords).

20,000 mile update

by 1owner from | August 25, 2015

4 cyl, leather EX-L. No nav. Nothing to fix or adjust when first purchased. No issues at all after 20,000 miles. We put a lot of in-town as well as long distance miles on this vehicle. Our latest trip of 2,000 miles averaged 38 mpg (70 - 75 mph). My best full tank on a trip has been 39.5 mpg as I measured it. Honda's on-board fuel mileage readings are about .5 mpg higher than I measure. A steady 55 mph yields 42 mpg on country road trips. During the winter, we get about 22mpg on very short in-town trips (fewer than 2 miles to work). Summer in-town driving is about 28 mpg. It gets to 32 mpg quickly if we drive more than 6 miles. There is some wind noise at speed, but little other noise. This is a very quiet car. No rattles, no squeaks. We don't use the voice commands or a lot of the other electronic features. The sound system is good. And the phone syncs nicely. The seats are reasonably comfortable on long trips, Our last trip included 14 hours in the car in one day. The CVT transmission is problem free. No stuttering or vibrations. And even with the 2.4, this is a quick car if necessary. Handling is agile. Steering is light, but direct and there is no wandering on the highway. There is a lot of room in the back for any sized passengers. Lots of trunk space. And the way we drive it, it is usually 8 to 10 thousand miles between synthetic oil changes (per Honda's on-board diagnostics). And it does not burn any oil between changes. I would buy this car again in a heartbeat. This could be the most economical car I've ever owned. With mileage and comfort this good, why buy anything smaller, a hybrid, or anything else?

Great car and excellent service

by Casual semi-retired driver from Plano, TX | June 17, 2015

I bought a slightly used (1800 miles) from Lute Riley Honda in Richardson, TX in 2014. What a great riding vehicle; we really appreciated how much time the sales representative spent with us to explain all of the car's features. The main reason I'm writing this review, however, is to brag on how amazing Lute Riley's Express Service is; fast, efficient, knowledgeable and candid. I'm 73 years young, and this the best car with the very best service I've ever had.

The best car I have ever owned

by The best of the best from Rockledge, Florida | June 12, 2015

Bought my car Nov 2013. It has surpassed my expectations. This is my ninth Honda and by far the best. Great gas mileage, handling, and looks. If you are in the market for a mid sized car, you must take a look at the accord

2014 accord coupe V6 EXL-NAVI

by centerline from Cleveland Ohio | June 6, 2015

Third Honda, my second Accord, first one was with the inline 4. Nice upgrade to the V6 - in the sport mode it is a blast to drive with the paddle shifters. This car comes with all available features. I am not into all of the technical aspects (voice command etc) but I do like the ease of selecting audo/menu choices from the steering wheel. I get a lot of great comments on the tiger eye pearl color. The only issue for me is that I am 6'2" and I am a bit of a glove fit in the cabin space with regards to the ceiling height. But other than that great car. Mileage has averaged around 25 mpg for me and I am very satisfied with that - only about 25% highway driving.