2004 Honda Civic

Available in 10 styles:  2004 Honda Civic 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

1st fuel efficient car I've owned

by happyowner from Los Angeles, CA | September 11, 2013

This has turned out to be a great car. The gas mileage is more than I could have hoped for, 40-45 MPG. I love that it lets me know when I'm using electric and saving gas. My only complaint is that the metalic coating on the interior door handles is chipping off and looks tacky. But for the value and the mileage, I couldn't be happier.

I love hibrid car

by hibrid enthusiast from New York | June 23, 2013

I like this Honda Civic hibrid because it is very economic. With 20 dollars gasoline I drive all week..This is the best car I had in my life.I recommend it.

Love it

by murdley from Salt Lake City | March 7, 2011

Bought the car new. Mainly used in town, with some road trips. Average 42 in town and over 46 highway. Once got 52 on a 800 mile trip with 4 passengers and luggage, AC going full blast. I do my own oil changes, plugs etc and find it very user friendly for the mechanic. Shop manual is excellent. No problems so far, 90000 MIles. Must be a great car because they are hard to find anywhere for sale.

Great Car

by Car Nut (I built a kit car in '86) from Lynchburg, Va | March 1, 2009

I love the gas mileage, but really like the engine cut off when stopping. My mileage is better than 91 VW Jetta Diesel and less polluting. I regularly get 46-49 mpg on highway(upto 70mph)and 41-43 in city/suburban driving. My wife wanted a Honda, I insisted on the Hybrid.

Reliable, Great Gas Mileage

by KA from | November 6, 2008

We bought our Honda Civic Hybrid in 2004 before gas prices really started to bleed people dry. We weren't sure at the time if the extra $$ would be worth it but given the cost of gas prices today, I think we more than made up for the extra dollars we had to spend to get our hybrid. The gas mileage on this car is incredible. On the highway, it becomes a game to see how high our miles per gallon can get. We've gotten well over 40 mpg on the highway and tend to hover in the low to mid 30s in the city. We've had a few issues with the car battery a few years ago - turned out we had some kind of short in our electrical system that was draining our battery. It was easily fixed once we had it properly diagnosed. (We had to take it to a dealer to get that diagnosis). The car is not flashy - had a choice of 3 or 4 exterior colors when we bought and 1 interior color (or maybe we had two) and doesn't come with many options. But, it's a nice, smooth ride and handles well. It's a great city car. The tires that come standard are low-friction so just be extra cautious during wet conditions. The truck space is good - much better than what the 2004 Toyota Prius offered. The backseat is small but expected with a 2004 Honda Civic - it's a tight squeeze back there for our two-year old and his car seat and a tighter squeeze for anyone else who sits back there with him. All in all, I'm happy we invested in this car. It's held up well, helped us save money while gas prices shot through the roof and while it may not be flashy, it's been really reliable.

Uses car for To save gas

Pretty good, but the 5sp hybrid has a few quirks..

by Likes good simple cars that are earth friendly. from Washington DC | January 26, 2008

I own the 2004 hybrid, and have a friend with the same 5 sp shift model. The car is very functional, we both get about 46mpg city, and have the same problems. 1. Getting into reverse gear is a little tricky and you can miss it unless you double clutch. A pain when parked on hills. 2. I am not impressed with the antilock brake system esp either. 3. The cooling/fan dials are very simple-yet are more complex than you think. To get good mileage-read the manual. 4. The side mirrors have a few blind spots.

Bought for commuting, used for traveling too

by Son of Mechanic from Austin, TX | December 28, 2006

The milage in town with AC and headlights on is 36 to 38, on trips in cruise, @ up to 73 mph, get up to 44 mpg , @ 75mph down to 38. AC is automatic, works great, handles excelently, full air bags, very stable in wind and rain, maintenance at 10K miles at dealer, and just drive it. Motor and CVT transmission silent. Some road noise on rough pavement only negative because we drive TX, NM, AZ and listen to tapes and sattelite radio.

Featured Services for this Honda Civic