2008 Honda Civic Hybrid

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid

Available in 1 styles:  2008 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan shown

40 city / 45 hwy

Overall

Not made for northeastern winters

by Disappointed from Rochester, NY | August 12, 2014

There is a 5 year rust warranty with no mileage limit on this vehicle. At just under 6 years, the front of one of the rear wheel wells is rusting through. This is to be expected in this area on a 10 - 12 year old car but not on a car this age. My complaints to Honda were dismissed given my location (upstate New York) and mileage (110,000). The car sits low, the wheel wells pack with snow and traction is poor - snow tires are a necessity. The car has been very reliable to date and low maintenance, gets about 35 mpg, but it accelerates poorly and has poor sight lines.

EXCELLENT ON GAS

by YOU CANT KILL A HONDA!!! from SPRING HILL, FL | November 23, 2013

THIS CARS HANDLING IS TIGHT AND ACCELERATION IS IMMEDIATE ( DROVE FROM PITTSBURG PA. TO SPRING HILL FL.) 1020 MILES FUEL COST $ 80.00 .43 MPG HWY!!!! VERY IMPRESSED

Loved this car!

by Nanny O from Massachusetts | May 12, 2013

Bought new hybrid, no problems with battery, after 5 years needed realignment and new tires, at 50,000 miles, car worked like a champion! Loved it, traded up, super car for the gas and environmentally conscious. Highly recommend, gas mileage was 42 to 45, depending on hwy vs city.

Avberage mpg

by Grandpa from Atlanta | March 18, 2013

Nic apprearing, nice ride. Disappointed in mileage. Best I habe gotten is 35.2 mpg. Was hoping for something closer to 40mpg.

It's the worst!

by Joe from Ca | January 10, 2013

2008 hch bought brand new paid off. Always ima battery problem. It broke twice and it was been a hassle to me because the reliability was the worst. I should have bought a prius instead that has 150k warranty. Honda would not extend the warrantiy on the ima battery after 80k because they know 8 out of 10 consumers will have problems on their ima batteries. Small engine and small ima battery, i guess bad combination. Anyways, i traded in with honda pilot and the worst is, they only bought it for 8k. Value? I don't know about that. It does not really give you the proper mpg until you manually calculate it.

Do the research

by not a fan from Atlanta | November 23, 2012

We did not realize before we bough a 2008 Civic Hybrid that the electric batteries tend to fail. Just had to replace the battery, Honda actually gave us a deal, cost $1200 or thereabouts. The car has 120,000 miles on it. It also has had a problem where it would just not go, driving along and then it had no power. It ended up being something in the computer that had to be re-programmed. My husband drives this car and had the repairs done, so I can't be more specific, I just know that we have had some major issues with this car! Best MPG has been about 46 mpg, it's more like 40 average.

Best Car I've Ever Owned

by Fuel Saver from Colorado Springs, CO | October 24, 2011

I had been considering getting a hybrid for several years but just kept putting it off, I am kicking myself for waiting so long! I love my 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid. I've had it for 3 months and have loved every minute of it! I drive 140+ miles/day 5 days a week and consistently get 45+ mpg. I am saving enough in gas to make my car payment! I was hesitant switching from a SUV to a much smaller Civic afraid I was going to compromise comfort and space and haven't felt that way at all. With a few small adjustments I can load up the dogs and head out for our weekend adventures in comfort. Hands down the best car decision I've ever made.

Best deal I ever came across

by In need of new-used car from Santa Cruz CA | January 18, 2011

This car showed more amenities than I even knew I wanted. It was very well-photographed and featured online, and the price was right. It gave all the information I needed to go for a test drive and then to purchase it. This is the best car I could have gotten and I love it.

Poor quality

by honda looser from Neenah WI | December 1, 2010

I have 68000 miles now I get 32 mpg highway the tires keep cupping and honda dosen't stand be hind the car. would never buy a honda again!!!!

Great Safe Vehicle

by Dirty D from La Crosse area, WI | November 2, 2010

This is my 2nd Honda Civic Hybrid! Although it seems small, it is actually pretty roomy inside. My first Civic Hybrid was a 2006 - I was hit head-on doing 55MPH and came out with only bruised ribs & bruised wrist. Airbags & seatbelt worked great. I didn't get burned by airbags either. It was totalled because they had to use the jaws-of-life to get me out. Both the police & fire department couldn't believe I walked away. I owe Honda my life! It is certainly a safe car! The car did what it was supposed to do - the outside metal wrinkled like a pop can but the "cage" frame didn't move & completely protected me. As far as comfort & interior design, I wish there were more options but I also had a loaded Yukon prior to this. I do wish it had better rims! Something more sporty! Once I got my confidence back after my accident, I wanted another one. Great gas mileage (35-40+)and great looking car. Overall, I would buy another one or tell my friends/family to get one for sure.