2010 Honda Civic Hybrid

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Civic Hybrid

by Ricky J from Honolulu, HI | April 8, 2014

Decided to write a review after having the car for a little while. I really enjoy driving and much prefer its styling, comfort, build quality, and performance to the 2nd generation prius. The only gripes I have are that the rear seats don't fold forward and that steep driveways and deep dips are this cars kryptonite. I have to consciously navigate any potentially treacherous terrain to not hear the horrid noise of the front from scraping concrete. Aside from these two faults the car is tough to beat.

Great Car

by sherm from California | December 27, 2012

My IMA battery had to be replaced at 37,000 miles which according to Honda North Clovis, CA is a first for them. Guess I just got a lemon battery. They replaced it without cost. Great gas mileage.. my best was driving to Oregon this summer from central California. My trip average was 52.8 MPG!

Honda is not honest about mileage

by civic hybrid owner from San Diego, CA | October 1, 2012

We own a 2010 Civic Hybrid and a 2009 Nissan Altima (not hybrid). The Altima gets better mileage than the Civic on average (27 MPG versus 26 MPG). The dealership claims that we're "not driving the car correctly" but even if that were true, we drive the Altimat in the same "incorrect" way. The truth is that the Civic Hybrid does not work as advertised; it doesn't get anywhere near the advertised 40-45 MPG, yet it does have the terrible performance that one would expect from a Hybrid and it costs several thousand dollars more than a comparable car. I used to love Hondas (have owned several in the past), but I will never buy one again.

Best Car for the Money

by collegegrad from Virginia | September 21, 2011

Excellent value, extremely reliable, durable, and very safe. I have owned three Hondas and they are solid, reliable cars with very low cost of ownership and an excellent value. My advise is to buy a good used car and save money - the markup on new Hondas is too high.

Needs some help

by Hybrid Enthusiast from Leesburg, Florida | September 9, 2011

My wife and I have owned 7 Hondas over the past 28 years and have been great Honda supporters, (children and friends have purchased Hondas on our advice). I purchased my first Honda Hybrid (a new 2010 Civic Hybrid with Nav) in January 2011 after taking it for an 75 mile test drive. It was Great!! (same comfort as the regular civic with 45.2 mpg). After 5 months of driving my dream car, I noticed that the battery monitor was acting different. At the end of the day the monitor would show almost full charge ) 6 to 7 bars; however, in the morning it would show 1 bar after driving for a few minutes and charge-assist indicator would indicate that the battery was spending most of the time charging with little to no assist being utilized. I took it to my local Honda Dealer where I purchase the car and they said that it needed a software update. This was accomplished and I drive it for an additional week with the same results as before the update. I took it back to the dealer and the service manager said that everything was fine (that it was acting normal) and they could do nothing until and IMA indicator light came on to indicate that there is a problem. When I told him about the decrease in mileage (5 months driving experience with average 42.5 mpg - now down to 35.5 mpg) he stated that the mileage was due to driving conditions and that Honda did not guarantee mileage. Since June I have been investigating problems with Honda's IMA and battery and have found many others with similar issues. I love Honda, but feel that there is a problem with their Hybrid Civic (maybe that's why the 2012's are suppose to have lithium batteries. I hope Honda can fix the problem because the Honda Hybrid Civic it Great in by book except for the IMA-battery Issue.

Definately underpriced - great deal!

by college grad from | August 30, 2011

Safest, smooth riding, and reliable vehicle with all kinds of cool features - especially the Navigation so I don't get lost! Lots of trunk room and fits all my friends. Great value.

New 2010 Hybrid

by Reluctant Hybrid from Colorado | May 17, 2011

Overall this car is exactly what I expected. the Civic is one Honda's low end cars and the Hybrid is a Civic. The interior is not plush or gadget rich. The car was purchased for my wife and it fits her fine. I am 6'2" and it is not easy to exit or enter. The engine does fine on flat and downhill roads, but struggles a little on hills. But this was expected! On the positive side, with moderate driving 40/45 mpg is easily achieved. We have put over 3k miles on this car in 1.5 months, because the mileage is great. The ride is better then most small cars. My wife picked the Civic Hybrid over the Prius because it looks and drives like a normal car. I would re-purchase this car for her, but not for me.

great economical and fun car

by practical father of 5 from Colorado | April 22, 2011

The car performs well, is very comfortable, and the gas mileage has averaged 45 mpg. The dark grey paint and interior are beautiful.

Very nice car

by Bruce from West Hazleton, PA | February 13, 2011

I have owned several more expensive cars, but this is the most comfortable and gets the best gas mileage by far. I got 50 mpg in the warmer periods in flat country. Now I live in the mountains and am getting 40 mpg in the nasty winter. Despite not being in a garage at all, it always starts and runs well, even when temperature is below zero. With ABS and traction control, it has handled the snow and ice very well.

Civic Hibrid

by ronn from | February 12, 2011

Nice car, easy to manuver and comfortable. However I will never want a hybrid again. My car currently has 900 miles on it and already Im ready to trade it in. I will lose my butt on it but I cant stand the way it does the auto stop thing. The jerky motions of starting up. And dont even try to inch up to a parking spot, as you will most likely hit whats in front of you. I say forget the gas issue and get a regular engine. As far as interior, I hate the trip odometer as its even larger than the regular odometer. Why? Who needs it larger? Dumb. And also my Corolla had a miles to empty gage and this dumb car doesnt. I bet I keep it 6 more months