2012 Honda Civic Hybrid

See Photos & Videos

Overall

My Umpteenth Honda

by JJ from Southern CA | December 17, 2012

Hondas (and Acuras) are the most reliable car around. Maintenance is minimal, and longevity is maximal! You simply can't go wrong with a Honda.

Love it!

by Ms.Jared from Oakland, CA | November 18, 2012

I've only had it for a little over a month but so far I love it. It's really cute and gets great gas mileage. It doesn't have a ton of power when accelerating from a complete stop, but it's a hybrid and I got it for gas mileage, not power. It's extremely reliable and I've had no issues or troubles with it yet. (Knock on wood.) It's a good looking, comfortable car that gets great gas mileage. All of the things I was looking for when purchasing a car. I'm super happy I went with this one.

Civic Hybrid Awesome

by hybridman from Edison, NJ | September 8, 2012

I just purchased at a fantastic price. Deal hard. Hybrids are not selling as well because old reviews were bad. So I did not pay the hybrid premium that I would have to make up with gas savings. I do 70% city and 30% highway and getting between 45 and 47 mpg so far. This Civic is made in Japan and sells very well there. Hence the Japanese near 6 dollar a gallon gas. I am sure that in my state the gas cost will be in the 4.50 to 5.00 range soon which will make this purchase so much more justified. The "S" sport feature no one talks about. It bits into the mpg a bit but its great to have the option. The car transforms with it aggressive low end torque into a SI at speeds from 0 to 45 mph with great handling and cornering, which beats the Prius hands down. Its also great if you need to drive out of a bad traffic situation quickly. It shuts of the automatic engine off feature. The Eco help displays are great. After awhile you learn to do everything automatically. Phone Bluetooth is great and a fantastically comfortable cabin. Noise levels at highway speeds are a little loud especially on concrete roads. Black top much improved. Medium level radio helps a lot to even notice. Hay it’s not a Lexus. I tested the Lexus 30 thousand hybrid 4-door hatchback and the room inside is terrible. So the Civic Hybrid has great mileage, great sport mode handling, and great comfort.

diappointed

by vender driver from Odessa, Tx | August 28, 2012

I brought the civic hybrid due to its high ratiings. I have yet to reach the gas mileage spoken of in the reviews. I do quite a bit of driving on all types of roads. I have even driven useing the RPM gauge and still my normal mileage is only 32-36 MPG. This car is not performing up to all the hype. I will trade in for a different model and brand of car next time.

ave 48mpg

by clardeli from buffalo ny | June 6, 2012

great mpg,seats is comfortable,slow at start but enough power to p/u.felt a little light on a windy day on hwy but track pretty good. all in all a great car.

Don't Be Fooled...

by Grant from Silicon Valley, CA | May 13, 2012

Don't let unbalanced reviews limit your choices. The prior generation had some issues, but the 2012 HCH is the best buy in the compact hybrid market This car drives well, has an unmatched NHTSA safety rating and is a significantly better value at all trim levels than others in the category. With 39-42 mpg in the city and 50-52 highway and solid road feel, the HCH with leather is the best $21K I've spent in a very long time.

My second HCH....BETTER than the first!!

by Civic owner twice around from San Antonio, TX | April 7, 2012

I owned a 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid, bought it 2 years old with 28,000 miles on it. My gas mileage would stay around 39-43 mpgs per tank. (I always calculate the mpg's when I fill up.) In december of 2011 we decided to trade up to the new 2012 HCH, and the average mpgs with the redesign went from 40/45 to 44 combined. But with this new 2012 I'm getting more like 48-52 mpgs!! I'm all about the MPGS and saving money at the pump when gas prices go up. The fuel tank on this 2012 is about 2 gallons bigger than the one from my 2008 model, but being able to go over 500 miles per tank is amazing!! I will never EVER go back to a regular gas vehicle, and my next purchase will hopefully be a Honda EV, when they come out!! Love everything inside and out about this car!!!

Best gas mileage

by Peg from Tuscaloosa, Al | November 8, 2011

We just took our first trip in our Civic Hybird and got great mileage. It is fun to try and get better mileage every tank. It is surprising how much better you drive without much effort.

Much better than my previous Civic Hybrid

by Jim from San Diego, Ca | September 24, 2011

It drives more like a non-hybrid car! I would recommend it to anyone who wants to save on their gas bbill.

Excellent Hybrid

by Duck from Chicago area | July 15, 2011

Does what any real hybrid should do, great gas mileage and a comfortable ride with decent handling. It exceeded my overall expectations.