1990 Honda Civic

$84–$6,496

Information Coming Soon

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Amazing how well this car protected my family!

by Leish from San Francisco, CA | February 3, 2014

This car has been very low maintenance for our family. It has served us very well and I hated to lose it. Our car was in a broadside collision to the passenger side, where my 12 year old child was sitting. We were broadsided and spun around 180 degrees. Amazingly as I watched my childs point of impact, neither of us had any. the pillar was bent in, but never touched the passenger seat. Both front and rear doors were caved in, and neither front nor back window broke. I was quite grateful that my 12 yr. old nor I suffered no injuries at all, as it definitely bent the frame and totaled the vehicle. Amazing, Honda! I gave this vehicle only 3 stars in comfort, as my adult child often complained the front seat made her back hurt, however, she noted to me that she felt much more comfortable in the rear seating area. Interior design has a couple of issues. Of course, the retractable seat belts, but I found the rear view adjustment control was oddly placed to the left of the stereo in the dash. One needs to lean forward to adjust the mirrors, and while leaning forward, you aren't able to adjust the rear view mirrors as if you were driving.

Great little car!

by Student from Michigan | March 2, 2011

Bought one of these used 6 years ago and at 200k she is still purring. You're not gonna turn any heads rolling up to school/work in one of these, but it sips gas (even with a 21 year old engine) and can't be killed. Take care of this car with oil changes and standard maintenance, it will run forever. Quite Seriously.

This car survived a flood!

by Car nut from Philadelphia, PA | June 10, 2010

I bought this car on an online auction and picked it up for dirt cheap. Of course everything was wrong with it. It was burning oil and it was stripped to the bone. But while still T-tagged, my street flooded real bad and the car was under water!! Up to the window!! It floated!! But the next day after the water subsided it started right up!! My neighbors all had brand new cars, mostly Chevys from what I recall and they took three days to start! Take it from me this car cannot be killed!!! If you can find one that will pass inspection, BUY IT! Because for the money this is the most reliable machine on the face of the earth!

Great after a few repairs

by Second Time Civic Owner from Logan, UT | May 13, 2009

I bought the 1990 Honda Civic (manual, 1500, 4-door) from a friend a few years back for a good price. I have since replaced the timing belt, clutch, and CV axle, but now it just seems like a dependable car with no real problems since. The body has some rust and it has no A/C, but other than that, mechanics have advised me that it seems well worth hanging on to. I will probably keep it as long as it will run reliably.

18 years, still good on gas - low maintenance

by Salty-6 from Los Angeles, CA | September 11, 2008

I've always wanted the 1988 - 1991 Honda hatch. Used to commute to school long distance, so wanted versatility of hatch, but even moreso the ease of driving with an automatic trans. When I finally saved enough funds and was looking for a car, most I found were sticks. Came across a salvaged DX hatch w/ AT and jumped on it. Owned it now 6yrs. Still running good, still great on gas even by todays standards, and of all cars I've driven, least trouble. Downfall is my model didn't come with the 1.6liter motor nor the A/C.

Featured Services for this Honda Civic