1993 Honda Civic

Get Value

Overall

EXCELLENT!

by Mr Random from Upstate, NY | November 15, 2009

I've owned 2 '93 Civics: a coupe and a hatch. 1:) Hatchback, DX, 1.5L, 5spd. It was rusty in the usual places and 137K, but it ran beautiful and averaged 43mpg. Had it until 143K before selling for a paint job on another Civic which the guy ended up leaving town and never saw him again. The only cons: alternator and didn't start for a weekend but then fired right up (never figured out why). 2:) Coupe, DX, 1.6L (vtec swap), 5spd; 160K on motor, 270K on car. It was rather modified under the hood and lowered all around. The engine had an idling issue which seemed to be common on old vtecs. Got up to 40mpg hwy on a good tank (~145hp~) and averaged around 33mpg. Only got rid of because of excessive rust and because I saw a oil leak and a dealer told me it was the head gasket. Reluctantly, I sank $1000 into fixing the motor, only to find out later it was the vtec gasket leaking and dealer refused to comply or honor the warranty on the work. Not worth it to take it to court, so I just counted it as a loss :( Car had about 305K after piston rings fried and started cooking a quart of oil every 250 miles...all due to a rebuilt head on an old block; too much compression. Both cars overall held very strong with any type of driving. Neither made funny noises or clunks. Made lots of 600+ mile hwy trips with no issues. Neither had power options but everything worked as it should! 5 Stars!!!!

I TOTALED IT

by lovehondas from | November 22, 2008

i'VE HAD AN ACCORD AND A CIVIC. AND I LOVED THEM BOTH. GO FOR IT. YOU CAN'T LOSE. jUST CHECK TO SEE WHEN OR IF THE TIMEING BELT NEEDS CHANGING, ITS SPENDY.

The BEST Car I Have EVER Owned!

by Landlocked Surfer from Durham, NC | May 31, 2008

This car has it all-performance, style, great fuel economy, and for a fantastic price! I drove mine for three years until growing children necessitated an upgrade in size and I have regretted it every day since! I loved getting out on the highway or country roads or driving to the beach on a sunny day, opening the sunroof, and letting the horses run with some good music playing. I could drive forever on a tank of gas and life was great. Front seats weren't the best for long trips and it took some power away when the a/c was on during highway drives but those are the closest things I have to complaints! FIVE STARS!!

Great First Car

by Me from San Francisco, CA | December 29, 2007

I bought this car in 2004 with only 33,000 miles on it. It was really well kept and it has been a really good car to me. I travel to Los Angeles from San Francisco pretty frequently and I've never had any problems with it. The only thing I don't like about it is the horsepower--going uphill is a little bit of a challenge. Otherwise, it's spectacular.

most reliable car I've ever owned (really)

by rick from western NJ | November 27, 2006

I've had this car 13+ years (260K miles). I'm very bad about preventative maintenance, but apart from brakes and exhaust, the only problem I ever had was the radiator needing replacement once.

Featured Services for this Honda Civic