1994 Honda Civic

Get Value

Overall

Forever Civic

by Valann from St. George, UT | July 21, 2013

I bought my 94 Civic DX Sedan from my parents (who bought it off the lot in 1994) 7 years ago and its still running with over 222K miles on it. Its just starting to show sings of an old car when the gear box had to be replaced at 120k and the clutch bit the dust at 200k followed by the fuel filter and pump (all these were the original parts). I love my Civic and was practically razed in its compact camel brown interior with my parents driving their children around and now I'm doing the same for my family in the same car. The only down side to my Civic is that it was manufactured without AC and a radio (Cassette/Radio was put in 96 and updated to a CD/Radio in 04 but still no AC).

my 94 honda civic

by 1Mistical from Near Denver, CO | November 24, 2012

I bought my 94 honda civic from a private seller as a second car that made better gas milage than my expedition. I am very happy with my purchase. I didin't expect anything perfect as I was looking for an older vehicle, but it is in good shape and runs smooth with no leaks. It has been well worth the money. The car makes the milage I was looking for and is fun to drive, however getting used to the steering after years of power steering. I would reccomened this car to anyone as Honda is a very reliable company.

Not bad at all for an old car with high mileage

by Used Car Buyer from Indianapolis, IN | February 27, 2012

I bought a 1994 Honda Civic hatchback with 174,000 miles through cars.com. I am very impressed with this car. It drives well and has been starting fine through the winter months. We had to replace the oil pan and gasket, and it still leaks oil a bit, but this thing drives and feels like it still has another 50,000 miles left.

Back to the Future

by SweetPea from Indianapolis | August 30, 2011

I love my purple honda! I call it back to the future car. Its a basic car no power steering and its a 5 speed. It has alot of pick up and go for the 2 door coupe.

Worth it

by NomNom from Toledo, OH | August 16, 2011

I owned a 94 Civic LX for about 5 years. I bought it at 110k miles and drove it up to about 160k. Though small and thus kind of uncomfortable, I was overall very happy with this car. Fuel efficiency was amazing! It wasn't until about 150k miles that various systems started to fail. First was the exhaust, which was a fairly inexpensive fix. Then was the cooling, a somewhat more difficult but still easy fix. And then finally my transmission gave out and I was forced to move on. If I saw a 94 Civic on the market today with 100k miles or less on it, I would gladly seize on the opportunity.

Amazing car

by Civic Gal from Utah | December 18, 2009

I've owned a 2 door EX for ten years. This car just never stops running, always starts in bad weather or if left for several weeks. Great fun to drive. So economical, I get 34 -36 mpg around town. Cheap to fix and easy to find parts.

Suprizing!!!!

by Chef Cracker from Buffalo, MN | August 21, 2009

I have a '94 Civic Sedan EX and it constantly surprises me. For instance I drove 325 miles and got 47 miles per gallon! The EPA only estimates it at 35 miles per gallon. Other than that this car is a trooper. Easy and cheap to fix and repair. Great Car!!!!

Featured Services for this Honda Civic