2001 Honda Civic

Available in 7 styles:  2001 Honda Civic 2dr Coupe shown

Overall

good little car

by civil civic from pensacola, fl | November 2, 2013

I have enjoyed my civic. The only repairs I've had done are new catalytic converter and sensor. It requires little maintenence and is a great car!

No longer has quality workmanship

by Honda Civics from HSV Alabama | August 14, 2013

We no longer will be a Honda family. The first of two 2001 Honda Civics had the driver air bag fail during accident causing driver to sustain broken nose even while wearing seat belt. The second Honda Civic started requiring repairs as soon as the warranty run out. At 124,000, the motor needed new seal per Honda dealership which would cost twice what car was worth. The last 2008 Honda Civic was not bought new and did not have the warranty. At 48,000 miles it required new motor mounts to keep from tearing up engine and transmission. It seems Honda is no longer using quality parts and workmanship on their vehicles. I will not be investing my money in any more Honda's. All our vehicles have been kept up with to meet all maintenance care throughout ownership periods. All these vehicles were used for work and pleasure or just pleasure on the 2008 Honda Civic. The Work and Pleasure was within 10-15 mile radius. I did not receive value out of any we owned. My coworker's parents Honda had the motor blow up as soon as it reached over 100,000 miles. I though it was an isolated incident, but I can say it was the norm after having similar experience.

The Best Car

by Celine from Joliet, IL | March 10, 2013

I had a 2001 Honda Civic LX sedan, bought used in '03 and had it for nearly 10 years. I loved this car. Never had any problems. Did the regular maintenance you would do with any car. I recently lost it in an accident with a truck hitting me at 50 mph from the passenger side. You think this car would have totally smashed. It didn't. It's quality-built. This car and its seatbelt saved my life. I had it for 10 years and I miss it so dearly. Had I not had the accident, I would have kept this car for life, and it would have lived like I bought it yesterday. Love this car. I will always have a Honda.

Most reliable

by Civic carpooler from | December 24, 2012

Best car for gas mileage, reliablility, and price. Even price for parts are great. This car is perfect for a new driver and/or an everyday commuter.

1st owner not the last honda

by Inch Worm from Ventura CA | July 16, 2012

I got his car as my very 1st from my mom. We've had it since day one and it's never had an issue. typical maintenance (timing belt tires etc ) but not necessary for the 1st 10 yrs. It was our family car for vacations and we could make it from home to Vegas (5 hrs) and home to my aunts (8 hrs) on one tank. Perfect teenager car or "soccer mom" car. If you take care of it, it will take care of you.

The car not work

by francheska from | July 4, 2012

The car is garbage. The car has the motor very bad. i was at the dealer and saw the civic. I dont like that dealer.

One of the best!

by Snowboarder777 from Springfield, MO | June 18, 2012

This standard 4 door is a dream. Start off with 40mpg on the highway, (42.4 if you hypermile), large amount of headroom (I'm over 6'1"), and a huge trunk for "stuff", this car is a dream to own and drive. And you can pick one up on cars.com for less than $5K. No brainer!!!

Very reliable and can do so much with this car

by mkar90 from Miami, FL | June 3, 2012

Never had problems with this car. I fill this car $40 a week and that is that I work 35 minutes away from my home. I have had it for a year and was the best choice I have made

Piece of junk

by bobp from ct | January 8, 2012

I thought this would be a maintenance free car - was I wrong! starter went at 40k miles. throttle body went at 45k needed new struts at 15 & 50k now the inside roof matting is falling off. plus have never gotten great mileage. given I do mainly local non-hwy lucky to get 25 mpg. again, the dealers love to show in their repair lounges, the people who have honda with 250k miles. but it does not say how much it cost them to achieve these miles. sadly disappointed. will never buy another honda!!!

50 mpg

by RK from Seattle | January 1, 2012

Bought this 2001 HX new. Very little maintenance required. Commuting I get 35-37 mpg. On trips at 70 mph it gets 42mpg. If I keep it at or below 62mph I average 50mpg! What's the big deal with new cars getting 30mpg?

Featured Services for this Honda Civic