2002 Honda Civic

See Photos & Videos

Overall

I love my Civic!!!

by HondaDude from Hampton Roads, Virginia | March 22, 2014

I bought my 2002 Civic used with 137K miles! No problems at all, it's very reliable! Got the EX Coupe Red with the 5 speed and boy is it fun, slick shifter, nice handling! Seats are super comfy and trunk is big for a small coupe! it really is an amazing little car! I also have a 2006 Pontiac Torrent that is also a great vehicle, very roomy and versatile, but the Civic is more fun! I love it!

Best car I've ever owned

by Sue Rally Driver from Ft Lauderdale, FL | June 22, 2012

The stick shift on the dashboard is wonderful !!! The car is totally safe and has never failed me. This car is now 10 years and runs just like new. If you can find one to buy, snap it up !!!!

Best Car Ever -- I've Owned Two!

by Engineering Student from Upstate NY | February 4, 2012

I bought my first LX with 130,000 miles on it because the price was right and I knew it would be reliable. Between lots of weekend road trips and 10-12 hours a week commuting, I put 15,000+ miles on my LX in the 7 months I owned it. Other than regular oil changes and two new tires it ran like a charm. Unfortunately it was totaled (snow/ice conditions). I went right out and found another 02 LX, only difference being the new color and lower miles (100,000). LOVE this car! I know it will get me from point A to B with no problem and if I keep up with maintenance I have no doubt it will reach 200,000 miles or more.

unbelievable greatest and ever relialble car

by civic lover from chicago ,il | January 16, 2012

honda civic is the best and greatest car ever made that fits the modern times and really great on gas ever I thank ,honda for making a very durable,reliable car, gas efficient car ever.

Live Large By Spendng Small

by World's Most Wonderful Car from Syracuse, NY | October 20, 2011

The gas mileage is even better than promised (36mpg-city/44mpg-highway). Adjustable heights for driver's seat and steering wheel are good safety features, as is the rear window visibility. Dashboard shows gear positions, so there is no need to glance down at the shift lever. The seats are comfortable, even for long drives.

One of the BEST cars!

by hondalover from Washington, DC | October 3, 2011

I purchased a Civic after I totaled my first car and I have to admit, this is the BEST car I have! Despite some peeling paint, I've had no maintenance trouble for the past 3 years. I highly recommend it for everyone!

great vehicle!

by dave10 from Youngstown, OH | September 1, 2011

I bought my 5 speed manual Civic DX new in 2002. It has been a great vehicle. I don't know why anyone wouldn't recommend it. I do my own maintenance which is a breeze. I have almost 90k with no problems other than wear and tear items (tires, battery, windshield wipers). It still has original brakes, bulbs, etc. Much better than the two previous Chevys I had. Only thing is I tilt the seat back slightly because I'm 6'5" and its more comfortable to me. And I replaced the factory stereo with a Kenwood unit. But at 38-40+ mpg. it can't be beat!

A bit disappointing.

by Hondaboy from Frederick, md | January 30, 2011

Bought the 02' Si new after it was first released. Traded in my 2000 Si thinking this would be the better machine. First, handling in the 02' was not as good as past Civics. My biggest complaint was with the lack luster electric power steering. Having driven old school Hondas I was expecting a more precise and predictable steering response, not the case here. Power was just OK. On par with older Civics, nothing outstanding. The 2.4L got the job done, but wasn't very exciting. It also lacked that exciting VTEC scream past 5,000 rpms. Styling was attractive at first, but I quickly grew tired of it. Fuel economy was about average for the class, but on the good side, no need to use premium. The one thing about this car that I really liked was the interior. The seats were great. I loved the black with red stitching. Never had any mechanical issues with the car accept for a strut bearing.

Super Fast

by DAB from Columbia, MD | December 20, 2010

Thanks Cars.com for helping find my best car ever....Great customer service and excellent price for my car.

PERFECTION!

by MikeYarrows from Sacramento, CA | October 16, 2010

What more could a person ask for in a car? A 2002 Civic EX is the BANG for the buck! Perfect MPG, all around good performance, comfort is great. Its not too simple yet not to complicated like most newer models of other cars such as a 2010 bmw or audi. I would recommend this car to a friend! Most definetely. On average i get 35 city and 40+ highway and this isnt even a HYBRID!

Featured Services for this Honda Civic