2003 Honda Civic

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great Car for College

by CollegeStudent from | January 2, 2014

This is a great car - roomy, amazingly reliable, and fuel efficient. Once every two weeks I drive for 4 hours at 70 mph from college to home and back, and I feel confident I wont break down in the middle of nowhere. It might not feel like I'm sitting in the lap of luxury and I really need to push a little to go around slower commuters, but its easy to drive, and always gets me there for only $30 (avg amount to buy full tank of gas in the Virginian wilderness). This is a true Japanese made quality car. I also love the beige and brown interior of my Honda, makes the atmosphere much brighter inside. Right now mine has 120,000 miles and still runs like new! (with no major repairs).

Crazy reliable

by Carter from Columbus, OH | November 18, 2013

This car isn't the quietest or smoothest but it insanely reliable. Purchased car at 47k and now have 125k and have only spent $260 total in 6 years on non-routine maintenance repairs. Gas mileage is great at 28-30 city and 36-38 highway. Not a car meant for long trips as it isn't too comfortable but for a daily driver it will save you tons of $$$.

Honda, Honda Honda

by ZoomDaddy from Rochester, NY | February 11, 2013

This has been a great vehicle! I bought it used in 2005 with 53,000 miles. It now has 174K miles and I've had very little extra maintenance. Even the additional work was not costly. I still have the original clutch & it's still getting around 38 mpg! It's definitely not the quietest or smoothest vehicle, but that was not it's purpose. I had the inspection done last week and the Honda mechanic said there should be no reason to get at least 200,000....here we go!!

100% better than GM cars I owned in the past.

by First time Civic owner from Melrose Park, Illinois | December 11, 2012

Paid $10k for a used 2003 Civic Lx back in 2007. It's the best car I,ve owned in 40+ years of driving.

Honda Civic update

by Jsport from Maryland | September 27, 2012

Nice runaround car but it lacks engine guts. I even have a stick and you really have to be careful pulling out in traffic. Also the 2003 model needs a transmission job on the manuel shift which we did after buying a used model $1400 ouch! But it gets 30-35 city and 38-40 hwy. My next car is going to be the new 2013 Nissan 2.0 with 27city and 37 hwy and drive a bigger car, automatic, and look goood! Good luck, talk them down unless it has the trans job done already.

Honda Civic Coupe 2003 okay, but can be tricky

by bubba from Lansing MI | August 6, 2012

This is a great car. I like the 5-speed and it gets very good gas mileage. However we had to replace the engine just after we bought it (used). The previous owner apparently used the wrong kind of oil or something else happened which blocked the small channels used to circulate the oil through the engine. As a result, it burned oil like you wouldn't believe. The Honda Dealership said it was too expensive to repair and recommended replacing the engine, whcih we did. It runs fine now; However I would note that this is a potential trouble spot for that engine. We also replaced the muffler. Car has a timing belt rather than a chain. These must be replaced at about 100,000 miles. If it fails, the whole engine will be ruined. Serious risk. Newer models have a chain instead -- more reliable.

Great car great fuel economy

by Honda Josepie from Wellsburg, WV | July 16, 2012

Purchased 2004 Honda civic lx with 18000 miles on it. Regular oill changes and preventive maintainance 80000 miles did not burn oil .ran like a champ. Traded it in on a CRV. Ilove my hondas Had hondas past 12 years. Thanks Honda

Great commuter car

by 3ded from Wisconsin | June 4, 2012

Bought the used civic for commuting. The car is very comfortable to drive considering my commute is 190 miles per day. I've been happy with the mileage. I aveage about 36-38 mpg traveling about 70-75mph. I did manage to a 40.5 mpg round trip, but it was too slow for my taste. Some quirky design decisions on the interior. Example, cigarette lighter is by cup holder, so while phone charger is plugged in, only one space for a beverage. Overall, i've been have been happy with it for the few months of ownership

Amazing

by Cars for you from Utica NY | May 31, 2012

im 16 and just started driving and this car is just a great car i think all young teens should have one its very dependable and is great on gas its also a very nice sounding car mine only has 57,000 miles and runs like a champ... Its a really run car .the only thing i think is bad about the car is the stero system is not the best.. but its good for me... in all i think honda makes the best all round cars...

I love it. It's really good on gas $30.00 fill up

by Camco from Philadelphia | April 23, 2012

I really like the way Honda built.It built to last.I like my 2003 civic.I bought it used,but it run great.It's really save me money on gas.

Featured Services for this Honda Civic