2004 Honda Civic

Available in 10 styles:  2004 Honda Civic 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Awesome Car

by best value for the money from Chillicothe, Ohio | June 27, 2015

I was in need of a good gas mileage car with good reviews. I came across this red 2004 Honda Civic that was a one owner car with 154803 miles on it. It is a manual 5 speed. It drives really well. It is very quiet while you are driving. I just checked the first tank of gas and we got 52.4 miles to the gallon!! That is right 52.4 miles to the gallon.. Wow..i was very impressed. I'm a person that doesn't need a fancy car, actually this is the first car i have bought since 2000. It is a basic 2dr coupe. I would highly recommend it.

Great car

by civicfan012346 from california | April 7, 2015

Love this car i bought it in 2006 got it in a blue coupe with 21,000 miles. Reliability is good and great on gas mileage i recommend this to everyone the 2001 honda civic the 2002 the 2003 and the 2004.

Not My Kinda Car

by Your Everyday Driver from | July 29, 2014

This car has broken down 5 times since I've had it for only a year. Many towers and mechanics say they see this car very often. Good on gas. Bad reliability with engine.

We're Having Fun Now!

by Aggresstick Driver from WI | March 14, 2014

I've had a 1992 Honda Accord for 22 years and it only has 209K miles with the original engine and automatic transmission and still runs great (22MPG City-29MPG Hwy). So I decided to get another Honda (something sportier and more economical) a 2004 Civic EX Coupe with manual transmission (27MPG City-34MPG Hwy) I bought it in 2011 with 146K miles, it now has 161K miles (it still drives like new) and it drove great this winter with new all weather tires. Great in snow, I was safely faster than most cars (not as fast as SUV's). In Spring I drive aggressively most of the time and it still has the original clutch and I'm getting 28MPG including about 10% highway driving. Overall it's a great little car. It is comfortable, it performs better than expected for a 1.7L 127HP car. I think the exterior is classic. The interior controls of the radio could be more ergonomic specially when wearing gloves. Value for the money, it still holds 70% of what I paid for it and 27% of the original value after 10 years. So far it has been and I expect it to be as reliable as my old Accord.

Moe"s Car

by Moe from Wallingford,Ct | November 4, 2013

Love my honda,excellent performance and excellent on gas have to do some interior work on the seats,hope to have this car for many years.Hondas are my favorite car

Very good on fuel

by Honda Enthusiast from Dulles, VA | April 7, 2013

I was surprised how this car handles on turns, etc. Very good grip and control on the road. I used to own a 96 Honda Civic about 7 years ago, and I noticed that the 2004 Honda Civic is much quite/comfortable and roomier with a VTEC in it. I changed the spark plugs, put a cold intake, and fuel cleaning system. It runs like a brand new car, and worth the purchase. It is very good on gas. I am getting about 30-33 miles per gallon depending on how I drive.

reliable always

by honda 4 life from MD | April 7, 2013

I have always been against buying used cars, but Honda is the exception to the rule. The 04 Civic is the Perfect car for a teen in college, or just getting around town. I previously owned an Accord. I put 309,000 miles on the car. Reliable...nuff said

Last Car I'll Ever Own

by Akoolmom from Seattle, WA | April 6, 2013

I drive my cars till they die or they stop making parts for them..:)) So far this one-owner Honda has been a very comfortable and reliable vehicle. I mainly use it for around town, grocery getter. I didn't need anything fancy and this fit the bill as it was called the value package model. I am very happy with my experience purchasing it through cars.com and the private owner.

Good Car for my Teenager

by MIssJaniceAnn from Brandon, MS | September 21, 2012

The Honda Civic handles well and is reasonably comfortable for a small car. We were able to find a 2004 that was in great shape for a reasonable price only because we acted immediately as soon as we found the internet ad. These cars get great mileage and they disappear off the lots as soon as they come in. My teenager loves the car!

Honda Civic 2004

by MixMaster from Dallas, Texas | September 1, 2012

Purchased 3 months ago for 3850 and put $1000 into it to get it ready -- $550 for timing belt, 300 for struts, $100 for lower control arms, and another $50 to fix the door lock. I did all the work except timing belt. The parts are very inexpensive compared to other brands but you need to get through Internet rather than local dealer. Honda has gone done quite a bit in quality (my 4th honda) but this car gets great gas mileage and is nice looking. I would recommend Hyundai over Honda for a new car -- have 3 hyundai vehicles now.

Featured Services for this Honda Civic