2005 Honda Civic

Available in 10 styles:  2005 Honda Civic 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

nice ride

by chef from new orleans | September 3, 2014

05 civic vp. old school roll down windows , regular locks , no frills , gas mileage is great , found it used on Cars .com not too far from home. dealership handeled it all smoothly. no complaints .

Love the Si Hatch!

by Si Guy 2005 from Orlando, FL | December 30, 2013

The Si hatchback is so much fun! I have had the car for about a month, and have put about 1,000 miles on it, and it is merely a performance based car. The ride itself is VERY bumpy and uncomfortable! I have to slow down drastically for things like unavoidable potholes, railroad tracks, and speed bumps. But what do you expect with getting an Si? Comfort is much better in the regular Civic, but the regular Civic doesn't give you that "child like grin on your face" that the Si gives you. The car is extremely reliable for a performance car. The only thing I am not sure of with the Si is if it has a timing belt or timing chain, as the maintenance schedule I got is for a base Civic (which has a belt, but the 2001-2003 Si has a chain. Not sure about the 2004 and 2005 Si trims). So, I am clueless about that. Anyway, the Si is a whole different car. Honestly, for $8k, I couldn't ask for better as a car enthusiast. I get negative comments all the time from the guys about it being a Honda, but when they drive it, they just look like they are having so much fun! Also, if you are into customization, the aftermarket parts availability for this car is more widespread than any other car I have ever even been around. All around, the ride quality is terrible, but everything else is perfect. It is good on gas for a sports car (I average around 25 mpg mixed driving and over 30 mpg on the highway when I drive economically). The car is rated at 29 mpg highway, and the only time I go under that is when I want to let my Vtec kick in (which is amazing). Also, the 5 speed is great! It has a great feel to it. It was hard to get used to the shifter being on the dash, but once you get used to it, it actually feels very convenient. It is perfectly placed for when you want to do hard shifting and what not. The suspension is clearly a sport suspension, and it shows. But again, if you buy a car like this, you expect the ride to be rough. The cockpit is all business. It Is driver oriented, and the seats are a deal breaker. The seats are actually very comfortable, and will hold you in well whether you are just on a commute, or if you are pushing the car. This car isn't for the person that doesn't enjoy driving. I personally love driving and take pride in my driving, which makes me absolutely love this car. Overall, I am very pleased with my Civic Si.

GREATEST DEAL ON A CIVIC EVER!

by I LOVE MY CIVIC from Eden Prairie, MN | November 4, 2013

So i found a 2005 Honda Civic with 124,775 miles on it for under $3k. I figured the car needed a new transmission or some serious work. The only issue was some water got on the carpet and inside the steering wheel, but the car runs like a champ! I love it!

Just what I needed

by Ride with me from Lancaster Pa | October 3, 2013

I had just picked up a 2010 Accord Ex-L two months ago and my wife and I loved it so much we got a 05 Civic ex. The accord is everything our family needs. The civic is my commuter car and gets 38 mpg. (20 miles highway and 10 city daily) I'm 6'4" so the civic is a little small. I could go on and on about each of them but I think Honda has a new family of loyal customers says it all.

4 1/2 stars, actually

by batnet from Cincinnati, OH | July 16, 2013

I have now owned my Honda Civic for 7 years, and I must say, there are very distinct highs and lows. LOWS: - Performance in this car is horrendous. I literally have to turn the A/C off to go up a steep hill (but there is an upside to this in terms of fuel economy, as listed in the "HIGHS"). - This car is utterly "optionless." Its price is not low enough relative to the LX to warrant no power windows and no power door locks. - As a previous reviewer mentioned, the car dings very easily indeed. This is avoidable if you park far away from others, but I learned that lesson too late. - Finally, a previous reviewer said that his car did great in a snowstorm. Sadly, that has not been my experience. I've gotten stuck in rather small snowfalls two times, and both times I had winter tires on the car. (This is actually why I am searching for a new vehicle.) HIGHS: - Gas mileage in this car is RIDICULOUS! I drove to Maryland, and averaged 44 mpg (far above what is estimated as highway mileage for the car). I now have a permanently affixed bike rack on the roof of my 8 year old car, and still average 34 in combined hwy/city. Of course, this is why the car has no "get-up-and-go". - Reliable, reliable, reliable. I have 140,000 miles on my car, and I have fixed two things: the tumbler on my driver's side door (here's hoping I never have manual door locks again), and the alternator. - The engine is smooth, and the handling is surprisingly capable for such a small and relatively inexpensive car. OVERALL: I wish the overall score on cars.com could be measured in fractions of stars, because 4 is unfairly low for a car whose only downfalls are winter handling (in my opinion, as clearly others have had better luck with this) and creature comforts (I'm not calling performance a downfall, since it's deliberately sacrificed for fuel consumption). So, let's say officially, my score is 4 1/2 stars.

most fuel efficient car I've owned

by shvlnr from New Holstein, WI | December 17, 2012

Very driver friendly cockpit. Radio and h/vac controls are easy to read and use. Engine and standard transmission are very peppy. I would definitely buy this car again!

By Far 1 Of the Best Cars Money Can Buy!

by TG from Plano, Tx | October 16, 2012

I have owned ours since purchased new in November of 2004. Best fuel economy of any vehicle I have ever owned and the reliability is also FIRST RATE! This vehicle keeps Going and Going and Going with no sense of quitting.

Worst Car Ever

by Kar131 from Freehold, NJ | October 1, 2012

This car has given me so much trouble over the past year and a half that I couldn't be happier to get rid of it. I should've done some research before I bought it because it seems like I'm not the only one who's had trouble with the radiator and the engine. I've replaced the radiator twice, the thermostat once and I just found out there's a hole in the engine. I'm a college student so I cannot afford a car that's this unreliable. It's been nothing but a headache since I got it off the lot, back in May of 2011. November of 2011 (only a mere 6 months later) the radiator completely blew, for no reason. Bottom line, if you have the money to keep replacing expensive parts, then by all means, buy this car.

Great car

by Sven from Macon, Ga | August 14, 2012

Bought this car new just before hurricane Katrina hit. By the end of August 05, gas prices in the southeast were over $4.00 a gal. Since, I have driven 120,000. A tune-up and timing belt/water pump at 101,000. Just keeps cranking away. I hope to keep this car another 7 years!

Great little car!

by Honda driver from Gladstone, NJ | May 14, 2012

Got this great little car with 117,000 miles on it. It runs great. It has manuel, not automatic transmission and feels sporty.