2008 Honda Civic

Available in 12 styles:  2008 Honda Civic 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

6 years old and running like new

by Ben B from Gainesville, FL | August 10, 2014

My 2008 Honda has kept in great condition. Its a automatic transmission, and I have never had any issues. Just regular maintenance. Gets about 300 miles on a 11 gallon tank. NOT BAD.. Great visibility, no blind spots. Stock stereo has great sound quality. My car is silver, and the paint looks brand new. I was it regularly and wax it every 3 months.

Happy First-Time Buyer

by AZEllie from Phoenix, AZ | February 17, 2014

Bought this car brand new in April 2008 following an accident in which my Ford T'bird was totaled. This was the first car I personally ever bought (recommended by my daughter and her husband who own a Honda). I have been extremely pleased with it, have taken 5,000 mile road trips without incident and recommend a Honda to anyone in the market for a new car. Have had only ordinary maintenance repairs. I did have to have the driver's side visor replaced by dealer because it had split.

Too Many Big Problems

by flyingump from Orlando, FL | January 17, 2014

- Visors brake all the time. I've had tme replaced three times and now I tell people not to use them or they'll break - Clear Coat is terrible and wears off (top and trunk top). Covered under warrenty but took a week and I had to pay $300 for rental car - Recall for the engine block leaking coolant - This is NOT GOOD. Haven't had to repair yet but I'm getting rid of the car before I have to. - Road Noise is bad Only Plus- good on gas For the money I paid I've been disappointed with my Civic Honda. I have a 2008 Odyssey which has been great.

Never Ever Again!

by Daily disappointment from Marysville, oh | November 26, 2013

I bought this car after extensive research and great reviews. I will never own a Honda agian. I have had the pads and rotors replaced 3 times withing 85,000 miles. Replaced a caliper at 81,000 miles. E brake froze up at 89,000 miles. She's makes a hissing noise when I depress the clutch. Now at 4 years of age . . . Half the dash fails to light up. I have never had to dump as much money into a car as this Honda. I love the way she handels. The interior quality is great. Thats about it. Mechanically, horrible quality. Do your self a favor and STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR!

Great car

by Ross from CT | November 24, 2013

The 2008 si is a great car and was designed for performance. The only down side is that it attracts young drivers who tend to abuse the car. It is very difficult to find one in outstanding condition, but can be done.

Good on Gas

by All about savings and from gwinnett, Ga | August 5, 2013

Even though the tank is not that big, it lasts longer and doesnt cost that much to fill it up. Comfort, what to expect to this size car . Looks good, kip the value . Engine, when you say Honda = many miles . Of course depends how the car is treated

Honda civic si

by Si lover from Phoenix az | January 28, 2013

I love the car .. Saw it online in the morning and I was in it by 300 p ...dealer was great to work with even gave me a couple of free oil changes and details.. It worked out nice I will defiantly come back to your site on my next car thanks Raul

Nice little coupe, disappointed with reliability

by Sporty car enthusiast from Freehold, NJ | December 7, 2012

When I bought this Civic in early '08 I had really done my homework: I studied the market for at least a year, test drove several makes and models, etc. I got a good deal on this car, the color combo I wanted with the features I needed. Gas mileage? Very good, with an avg of 30 mpg+. Ergonomics? Everything you touch (steering wheel, shifter, etc) feels good to the touch. Nice to have leather, heated seats and a moonroof in what is essentially an economy car. Now the negatives: noisy inside the cabin, seats became uncomfortable after a few years, and, worst of all, not so reliable! Brake rotors and pads needed to be replaced at 20,000 miles (!) and again before I reached 50,000 miles. No, I didn't constantly ride the brakes. There were several other nagging problems that you would think you would avoid in a Honda. Honda reliability? This Civic wasn't any better than my Fords before it. In the end, I would recommend this car for a twenty-something just out of college.

Everything in 1 package!

by Honda Chick from | October 3, 2012

I use to own nothing but Pontiac Grand Am's. Because you got the whole package: luxury on the inside, sport and class on the outside. I never dreamt in a million years it was possible with a Honda. My first car was a Honda and have owned 4 in my life and loved them, except for the interior space. They were always so tight and cramped. I'm only 5'6" but still felt like a giant in the older body styles. My head almost touched the roof. But in this 2008, its the entire package! Its roomy in the front AND backseat and the bucket seats let you sit a lot lower. I plan to modify the car but as it stands right now, the car is impressive as is. Its quick and the variable cam timing is definitely a must. I can climb monster hills in 6th gear with no problem, no bogging. The exhaust system also has a nice tone to it. It has a nice purr when you start it up. I'm a person that hates not being able to hear the engine run. I want to know what the car is doing at all times. I had no problem bonding with this car. The interior is gorgeous and well set up. Your speedometer is right at eye level and easy to see as well as your fuel gauge. The temperature gauge is there as well but it stays pretty still. I love that the car tells you when your oil needs changed and the option for 2 trip odometers. Its not an option that I do not use often but its awesome that it tells you the outside temperature as well. I own the Si and for the fully loaded sport version, it comes with everything in a luxury car except of course the leather which is despise in hot and cold weather. I'm extremely pleased with my purchase and will never go back to domestic car, ever again.

never again,

by buyamerican! from | August 9, 2012

This is my first and my last. Within 6 months started getting message in dash display "check fuel cap". Took to dealer, they told me to give the cap a few extra turns after fillup. Still getting the error, and on some occasions the check engine light will come on and stay on for days. Driver-side visor exploded, took in to dealer and was told that there had been problems with that supplier for about 2 years, but they were still using them! Next paint started deteriorating, looked like it was oxidizing. I googled "paint" and "honda" and got a gazillion hits going back to the 90's about clear coat being too thin. photos looked really bad. Honda wouldn't cover fixing, or loaner, and insurance wouldn't give rental as it wasn't accident-related. I had to pay about $600 to get just the roof fixed. They put on paperwork that it was due to not being waxed enough - not true! My son has a 2006 Ford Focus he's never waxed, paint is perfect. Now my cruise control switch is kaput. In the steering column so you know the labor is $$$. I'm done!