2009 Honda Civic

Available in 13 styles:  2009 Honda Civic 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

09 Honda Civic lx

by Steve from Hammonton NJ | August 14, 2014

Great basic simple reliable car, Better after I upgraded by adding in navigation...Great on gas,These cars run forever and I couldn't pass buying this because of the warranty

This one has some horse power

by Jenn from Colorado Springs, CO | June 2, 2014

I've driven my friend's '96 Civic way back in the day, it was a cute car but had no horse power. I got on the interstate and gunned it, I was up to speed pretty quickly, I was surprised! Seems like the older Civics really lacked on horse power, but this one does really well! I still see older Civics back in the 80's on the road, so I think I made a good choice going with a Honda. Especially since the car I traded off for this (Ford Focus) was constantly breaking down, we needed a good solid reliable car. And not a super pricey car!

Very happy so far

by Kaylie from Ontario, Canada | April 2, 2014

So far I am very happy with this car. I bought it used a few weeks ago with 100k already on it. I got an extended warranty just because it's 5 years old already. Now I'm thinking I may not need it due to the fact that hondas seem to be so reliable. I love the interior space and handling of this car, it is very comparable to my moms mazda 3 except it seems to be more spacious. I traded in my 2002 subaru impreza for this car, so I had big expectations based on the reliability of that car. This car hasn't let me down so far and I can tell it has great quality (I've ridden in many Chevys, Toyotas and hyundias that just felt cheap and not well made). Of course I can't make a full review only having this car for a short time, but I'm impressed with how well this car has held it's value and still feels like a "new" car even though it's 5 years old. I also am in love with the fuel efficiency compared to my subaru as I commute 30 minutes each way daily. A tank of gas cost me $60 and lasts me a week at least. Couldn't be happier so far. The only down side is that this car seems a little slow to accelerate sometimes, but surprisingly has a lot of power when you go to pass someone. Perfect for me, a person who just wants a safe commuter vehicle.

Very reliable

by kickstand from Iowa | December 27, 2013

Pros:Fun to drive, tight steering,excellent vision, plenty of power to pass, good room for a small car,car handles very well, excellent fuel economy, I average 34 mpg , got 40 mpg on a 6 hr hwy trip, at first did not like the digital speedometer but just recently bought a 2013 Accord lx and I wish it had the digital one Cons: small gas tank, road noise a little more than expected but not bad for small car

Pleasantly surprised

by Mykar from Columbus, OH | October 10, 2013

This is first "small" car. After trying numerous used cars including Sentras, Corollas, and Civics, I was very certain that I wanted to buy a 2006-2011 Civic. Sorry 2012 Civic, you are too dang ugly. The car is well-built; the interior is nice compared to other small cars; and the gas mileage is awesome.

no problem so far

by cAR ENTHUSIAST from | October 6, 2013

This car is very awesome. It saves gas. There was no problems so far. It is very reliable. I like it :)

First Car, Still my favorite

by Touring Car Driver from Los Angeles, California | August 13, 2013

This was the first car I ever owned and let me just tell you, it's awesome! Great driving experience and zippy

honda civic ex

by becky from mansfield, Ohio | May 20, 2013

Got such a cute car and reliable from a great dealer mmg of mansfield , top rated and best of the best

Nice, needs some kick

by dashack from Austin TX | May 17, 2013

Had all I desired outside of low end speed. Ended up w/ Kia Forte Coupe. Needed some kick to get me on freeway. Nice styling and unbeatable reliability. We'll see how the Kia compares my Acura.

The economical and reliable Civic

by Civic Fan from Bowling Green, KY | March 13, 2013

A great car. Good economy, about 35 mpg. Rides and drives good. The interior has adequate room and the controls are easily seen and reached. The 5 speed automatic transmission shifts smoothly and the engine has plenty of power. The pass thru back seats give extra trunk space if needed. Then there is the legendary Civic reliability. My last Civic had over 250,000 miles and still ran great.