2012 Honda Civic

Available in 12 styles:  2012 Honda Civic 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Nice Vehcicle!

by Honda Lover from Arlington, TX | October 5, 2014

I just got this my 2012 Honda Civic EX and I love it. The handling is great, AWESOME mpg for sure, and the dashboard is outstanding. I do have to agree that the acceleration kinda sucks and the motor noise, but the sound system covers that. I fill up my tank with $40 (Premium Gas) and lasts 2 weeks or a little bit more! Everyone in my family loves to ride in it and comfortability is great for us! (:

Most reliable & fun small car I've ever owned

by Go Lo Go from Pittsburgh, Pa | September 10, 2014

I love the over-all handling of the 2012 Honda Civic! Very responsive & stable handling! Very safe car with all-around air bags to protect you in any situation! After leasing my Honda, I bought it! I just couldn't give it up!

Well worth it

by Mr Scotty from Scottsdale, AZ | August 29, 2014

This is my second car to own, and among several I've driven. Thus far, I love it the most. The dashboard is an interesting departure for those used to analog gauges with the various digital displays and the LCD for radio and maintenance information. A downside may be the lack of an actual temperature gauge. However, knowing that the light would only come on during a problem makes this a minor issue. A good deal of road noise is transmitted, but this is easily drowned by the sound system. Handling is smooth and the car responds nicely. What stands out most for me is the fuel economy. Depending on how you drive it, the car can punch above it's weight. While it is rated at 39 mpg for the highway, I have thus far managed to get 42 mpg on a recent trip. This is comparable to hybrids of similar size. Despite the economic nature, the car does not lack power. Acceleration takes getting used to with the drive by wire system. You have to press the pedal a certain distance to achieve an ideal acceleration. This takes some practise. Otherwise, a very nice system. Braking is excellent too. Even during hard stops, it never feels as if I lose control of the car. Comfort could be improved upon, but otherwise it is a nice interior that is easy to clean. The paint may pick up scratches and chips easily, so be cautious with this. This is an affordable vehicle, even as a new car, and is well worth the price.

First Car

by Going to College from Delaware | May 11, 2014

All my family buys is Hondas so I decided to follow the tradition and I am glad with my decision. I bought a used Honda Civic Coupe 2012 EX for a great price and so far I have very little negative things i can say about it. The control on the car is very good and you really feel like you are in control of the car. The exterior on a coupe looks pretty good as well, the design is very smooth and sporty. This, however, is no sports car and you can tell it has a small engine when you put too much weight in the car. The fuel economy is great when you take care of the oil and everything, I am getting about 32 mpg going to school and back. The interior design is a little plain but when you get used to it it's not a big deal. Civics have a good reputation of being reliable cars so if reliability is key for you this is the car you want. If you want a reliable, fuel efficient car with a little power, this car is perfect for you.

Great Coupe For One

by College Guy from Indianapolis, IN | April 4, 2014

This is the third Honda I have owned and the second Civic. I traded in a Del Sol for the '12 Coupe and was happy to be in a new car at the time. Exterior The '12 Civic Coupe, in my opinion, had the best exterior design of any compact car on the market. The lines were very clean and sporty. Even if you did not get alloy wheels, the hub caps looked respectable. I also liked how low and wide the car sat. Interior This car has one of the more innovative interiors. It is hard to beat with dual dashboard displays featuring a digital speedometer and a media display screen. However, the fabric on the seats stained easily and had a strange texture. Also, in the coupe the back seat was a joke and more or less a shelf for my junk. Finally, the cabin was very noisy. I rented a similar sized car on a trip and was surprised at how loud the Civic was in comparison. Performance For an eco friendly car, the Civic has some pep. However, you won't get anywhere fast with the eco button activated. Comfort This car gives a great ride. I really liked the driver seat and how it encased the driver. However, the passenger seat was not as comfortable. The telescoping steering wheel was perfect for this car. Thanks Honda! Reliability It is a Honda... Enough Said! Value This car is very affordable, especially compared to other vehicles in its class. However, remember that it does need full synthetic oil. Of course this is better for the engine but I was paying around 85.00 an oil change which got expensive. Overall This car are a good value for the money. It brings style and reliability together at the expense of some comfort.

Love my new Honda

by Speed Enthusiast from Los Angeles, CA | March 31, 2014

Thank you Honda of Downtown Los Angeles and Eduardo- I purchased a 2012 Civic EX from here and I love it. My salesman Eduardo is fantastic- if you're looking for a car go see him.

2012 Civi Si sedan

by Moe from | February 22, 2014

My second Si, after I wrecked my '07. With a 200 hp engine and the slickest 6-speed manual transmission in the business , it's a sports car wolf in enconobox-sheep clothing. Still the best bargain out there for the real driving enthusiast.. Stole this one used from a Ford dealership that apparently thought it was selling a more basic Civic.

honda should step up now

by somewhat happy mom from atlanta | February 17, 2014

THis car feels like I'm driving a gocart. The seats should be more comfy they are stiff as boards. I've had an 07 and 2012 and at some point honda needs to come off with some xomfortabe seats. I will not b purchasing another honda because I can't travel even short 1-2 hour drives without an achy back n booty. Too many other options out there to keep repeating the same miatake again.

Not very happy

by j from columbus, oh | February 8, 2014

This car makes a lot of noise, on the highway it sometimes sounds like you are driving a tractor The mileage advertised was close to 40 but we have never seen it go over 30 The car came with Firestone tires and we had a flat within a few months, Firestone refused to cover it giving some lame excuse, we have since replaced them with Michelin tires

Hard to beat all around!

by Wild Bill 16316 from Florida Suncoast | January 28, 2014

I needed a gently-used/low mileage, comfortable, fuel-efficient buzz bomb with a good sound system due to new job with lots of traveling - but roomy enough for my 6' wife (I'm 5'5"). The 4-dr EXL was the ticket! We looked at Fusion, Focus, Versa, Elantra, Corolla, Rio, Mini and a few other comparable models. The first road test was the Civic, and we kept saying it was "the one" after every other model tried. It was just superior in almost every aspect, including having considerably more features and loaded with extras, making it a shoe-in. The front seats are wonderful even w/o the power option, the interior is very roomy even in the rear (and very quiet), the upgraded sound system is concert-hall quality, the mileage hovers around 33 every day (35+ on Econ), the engine is zippy, the handling is excellent and the safety features are reassuring. If there was something to pick at, it would be the sun visors are too small, the "reading lights" are way too bright, the instrument lights need to be at 40% at night to eliminate the overall dashboard-to-windshield glare and the exterior paint chips very easily. Overall, this car is hard to beat. I'll buy another Honda for sure.