2014 Honda Civic

2014 Honda Civic
Available in 10 styles:  2014 Honda Civic 4dr Sedan shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

I'm here to correct a mistake in my previous post.

by Another Car Guy from Miami,FL | June 6, 2015

After some fiddling,I was able to adjust the seat and steering wheel so I can see the speedometer and rest of the dash.I knew Honda or any other major car manufacturer would not produce a car with such a major design flaw.Since I've adjusted my seat,however,I've noticed that the iMid (backup cam/media/car info) screen gets a lot of glare here in Miami,where the summer sun is strong.I'm aiming to fix this with an anti-glare screen protector or strategically placed visor.If that doesn't work,I'm going to have to adjust my seat again and hope there's a sweet spot where I can see everything and reach everything without the glare. Car is still gong strong,and it's due for it's first oil change and tire rotation a little before 6,000 miles,which is fine considering I seriously abused this car when I first got it.Still a great car that receives my highest accolades and recommendations.

Overall

by charlie from | May 31, 2015

CVT jerks when heat it up. Honda technician said is normal. 2500 to 3000 requires to reach an optimal speed. Wheels do not spin when acceleration is increase. I would prefer the traditional transmission.

so, so....

by Picky one... from Palouse, WA | May 23, 2015

I own a 2014 LX, overall, a great car for starters and a great commuter, good gas mileage. The CVT transmission is great, has a little flaw known as "yo-yo effect" which can be really annoying at times. I bought this car with a "winter package" also, a great idea if you live in colder areas. So, you get mud catchers, plastic mats and a kind of a trunk bin and a set of regular mats for the summer... but the highlight is the pre-heater in the car, it lets warm air defrost and warm up your car as soon as you turn your engine on, really great little extra. With this trim there is no touch screen or so, just entertainment center which is great. To bad you only can bluetooth i-phones, regular phones are not supported yet. Greatest feature: rear view camera, ESP and ABS. so what are the negative things: only a few, but those weigh heavy: 1.fluid used for ac causes a film on the windshield, always dirty, I am not able to clean this windshield from the inside, I tried everything... 2. reflection in the windshield: no matter what you do, you have a reflection in the windshield, the dash is grey or dark grey and really should be black to not reflect so much you almost have to completely turn off the illumination of the dash board at night, awfully designed... 3. idiotic way of mounting hub caps on the wheels, again this is the cheapest trim and so are the hub caps but after changing the tires and using the same wheels, the hub caps came loose and are rattling on the wheels now, all people turn around and look at you because your car is really noisy at low speeds and rougher street surface so you are driving a new car that sound like a combine... 4. really cheap and a lot of plastic feel inside, now the materials gotten a lot better, so I heard, but still, nowhere close to a VW's or Audi's entry level car which I drove prior to this one Can't really understand how this reflection issue made it through quality control, it is so bad that I would call it a severe safety issue and if you have to drive a lot at night or even worse, if your vision is not a 100 percent, you will notice that there is a problem... In other words: I will drive this little Civic for a few more month and then switch to the newer model if those issues are taken care of or switch back to the competition...

Vtil Civic Hatch

by Altertedstate from Australia | May 12, 2015

Overall a comfortable car mostly suited to local trips having the advantage of "magic seats" a versatile car. Gas mileage is a little high for a small to medium size car. Good sound system Sharp looks. NOTE excessive brake wear accepted as normal by Honda 18 K Miles Rear pads replaced Front Pads AND Rotors next service. This is a world car so issue happens everywhere. Not good enough

Honda Civic 2015 EX-L

by Mr. Marsch from Sarasota, FL | May 9, 2015

I just traded in my 2012 Civic for a white EX-L. I was impressed with the smoothness of transmission and the improved responsiveness. It has really good road feel and the cabin seems to have improved quietness. Of course the volume control on the radio works but a twist dial is really needed. It amazes me that Honda has not chosen to install an extendable sun visor - which is simple technology and is included in the Acura ILX. What's the big deal. For my use it's a flaw. But overall I love the car. It's sized like the old Accords it seems. The price deal was great. The ILX was not worth the additional cost and the "dashboard" was not as scenic as the Civic. That's my take...

Great Value

by Civic Man from Sacramento, CA | March 12, 2015

Purchased my 2014 Civic LX sedan back in July 2014 and could not be happier. I just turned 9000 miles on the odometer and have not had a single issue with this car. I'm not a huge fan of the CVT transmission but you get used to it and it does deliver great gas mileage. Averaging around 35 miles per gallon in mixed driving. Car is comfortable to drive, quiet, and relatively peppy. Civics last forever and hold their resale value, so they are great buys for those on a tight budget. I would highly recommend this car.

Great car for the price

by Mayzie from West Chicago, IL | January 24, 2015

comfortable...gas tank a little small. Like the bells and whistles. Great experience at Honda of Lisle.

LOVE this Luxury Vehicle for Less

by CrazyforBoots from Phoenix, AZ | January 22, 2015

The engine is bigger now and the sport mode has great get up and go. I feel like the car was made specifically for me. The leather seats mold to your body and are super comfortable ....with the option of heat. I live in AZ so wish the seats provided heat and A/C but the heat is great for early morning in our "winter." I have the 4 door sedan for the first time - I have always had the 2 door coupe but it look and drives like a sporty coupe. It handles great and I love the digital speedometer. I priced out similar vehicles and this by far was the best bang for your buck-most "upgrades" were standard!!!!

There aren't really any shortcomings.

by Another Car Guy from Miami, FL | January 21, 2015

I've owned this car for quite a few months now,and I've thrown everything I can at it,and it takes it all. 2014 Honda Civic Sedan COMFORT - It has a cloth-interior,which is comfy,cheap (though is feels mid-quality),and adequately stuffed.I'm about 6',and I have plenty of leg room when I'm in the driver's seat,or relaxing in the passengers seat.The back seats are short on leg-room because I tend to keep the front seats as far back as possible,but when they are scooted up,I can fill the car with people and everyone fits comfortably,even the middle passenger(though their leg-room is compromised,but this is expected in a compact sedan).Headrest is a bit stiff,but I have yet to find one in any car I've sat in that wasn't. PERFORMANCE - Handling is subjective,but it to me,coming from a background of driving SUVs,it handles beautifully.I don't a problem making any turns,except for slightly wide U-turns.Pedal is responsive.Brakes aren't sporty,but they work just fine.I've taken two-350 mile road trips and hit 120mph in it a few times (the tires are rated to 125),and the ride was still smooth,and the car does feel sporty at higher mph.Transmission is mostly smooth,except for when I decrease my speed from anything higher than 18mph to anything lower than 18mph,the car maintains it's speed for a quarter second longer than it normally does while decelerating,but that is REALLY nitpicking,as my passengers don't notice the difference.Turning off the ECO-boost (which comes standard) makes the car feel turbo-charged after driving with it on for so long,however,I've only done this once for only a quarter of a mile,and my mileage has yet to hit the 30mpg that was promised to me.But at 28.x for all the speeding on the turnpike and city driving I've done,I'd say it's adequate. EXTERIOR STYLING - The car is sleek and aerodynamic on the outside,and while it may not be the "sexiest" car on the market,I would say it's far better designed than other cars in it's same class.I believe compact sedans often look small or awkward,but I enjoy the design of this car.Granted,it's no Mustang or Bugatti... INTERIOR DESIGN - Great standard features,like backup-cam,USB phone compatability,and Bluetooth Handsfree-Link (which I find more of an inconvinience to use than just putting my phone on speakerphone,so I haven't used it all too much).Overall,I would call the interior "sexy".I like the design on the seats.Interior is nice and quite.Speakers are adequate for most volumes and I only find myself using it at around half-volume (20),but expect speaker distortion and bursting-ear drums from 30-ish to 40(max). Dashboard is elegant and ergonomically designed;however,from the angle I sit at,the steering wheel blocks the speedometer,which would be a major concern if I didn't already know I was speeding(in all seriousness,it is a major design oversight,but if you just move around in your seat,it can easily be overcome).Trunk space is larger than I thought it was going to be,so you shouldn't have a problem transporting anything other than long,unwieldy items,like surfboards. VALUE FOR MONEY - With decent MPG,minimal upkeep,cheap parts (same goes for all Japanese cars),and being a Top Safety Pick+,it's the most bang for your buck you can get. RELIABILITY - I believe it's how the car performs in it's later years that determines how "reliable" it is,so I really can't say.But I haven't had a single problem with it,mechanical or otherwise.

Most reliable car I've owned.

by US Volunteer from Orange County, CA | November 16, 2014

The dashboard is extremely attractive with high-tech design and ease of access. The backup camera is greatly effective, the feature that every driver must have. The legroom is plenty not only front but also in rear. I like the trunk area that can be extended by lowering the rear seat bench.