2014 Honda Civic

Starting MSRP

Overall

Vtil Civic Hatch

by Altertedstate from Australia | May 12, 2015

Overall a comfortable car mostly suited to local trips having the advantage of "magic seats" a versatile car. Gas mileage is a little high for a small to medium size car. Good sound system Sharp looks. NOTE excessive brake wear accepted as normal by Honda 18 K Miles Rear pads replaced Front Pads AND Rotors next service. This is a world car so issue happens everywhere. Not good enough

Honda Civic 2015 EX-L

by Mr. Marsch from Sarasota, FL | May 9, 2015

I just traded in my 2012 Civic for a white EX-L. I was impressed with the smoothness of transmission and the improved responsiveness. It has really good road feel and the cabin seems to have improved quietness. Of course the volume control on the radio works but a twist dial is really needed. It amazes me that Honda has not chosen to install an extendable sun visor - which is simple technology and is included in the Acura ILX. What's the big deal. For my use it's a flaw. But overall I love the car. It's sized like the old Accords it seems. The price deal was great. The ILX was not worth the additional cost and the "dashboard" was not as scenic as the Civic. That's my take...

Great Value

by Civic Man from Sacramento, CA | March 12, 2015

Purchased my 2014 Civic LX sedan back in July 2014 and could not be happier. I just turned 9000 miles on the odometer and have not had a single issue with this car. I'm not a huge fan of the CVT transmission but you get used to it and it does deliver great gas mileage. Averaging around 35 miles per gallon in mixed driving. Car is comfortable to drive, quiet, and relatively peppy. Civics last forever and hold their resale value, so they are great buys for those on a tight budget. I would highly recommend this car.

Great car for the price

by Mayzie from West Chicago, IL | January 24, 2015

comfortable...gas tank a little small. Like the bells and whistles. Great experience at Honda of Lisle.

LOVE this Luxury Vehicle for Less

by CrazyforBoots from Phoenix, AZ | January 22, 2015

The engine is bigger now and the sport mode has great get up and go. I feel like the car was made specifically for me. The leather seats mold to your body and are super comfortable ....with the option of heat. I live in AZ so wish the seats provided heat and A/C but the heat is great for early morning in our "winter." I have the 4 door sedan for the first time - I have always had the 2 door coupe but it look and drives like a sporty coupe. It handles great and I love the digital speedometer. I priced out similar vehicles and this by far was the best bang for your buck-most "upgrades" were standard!!!!

There aren't really any shortcomings.

by Another Car Guy from Miami, FL | January 21, 2015

I've owned this car for quite a few months now,and I've thrown everything I can at it,and it takes it all. 2014 Honda Civic Sedan COMFORT - It has a cloth-interior,which is comfy,cheap (though is feels mid-quality),and adequately stuffed.I'm about 6',and I have plenty of leg room when I'm in the driver's seat,or relaxing in the passengers seat.The back seats are short on leg-room because I tend to keep the front seats as far back as possible,but when they are scooted up,I can fill the car with people and everyone fits comfortably,even the middle passenger(though their leg-room is compromised,but this is expected in a compact sedan).Headrest is a bit stiff,but I have yet to find one in any car I've sat in that wasn't. PERFORMANCE - Handling is subjective,but it to me,coming from a background of driving SUVs,it handles beautifully.I don't a problem making any turns,except for slightly wide U-turns.Pedal is responsive.Brakes aren't sporty,but they work just fine.I've taken two-350 mile road trips and hit 120mph in it a few times (the tires are rated to 125),and the ride was still smooth,and the car does feel sporty at higher mph.Transmission is mostly smooth,except for when I decrease my speed from anything higher than 18mph to anything lower than 18mph,the car maintains it's speed for a quarter second longer than it normally does while decelerating,but that is REALLY nitpicking,as my passengers don't notice the difference.Turning off the ECO-boost (which comes standard) makes the car feel turbo-charged after driving with it on for so long,however,I've only done this once for only a quarter of a mile,and my mileage has yet to hit the 30mpg that was promised to me.But at 28.x for all the speeding on the turnpike and city driving I've done,I'd say it's adequate. EXTERIOR STYLING - The car is sleek and aerodynamic on the outside,and while it may not be the "sexiest" car on the market,I would say it's far better designed than other cars in it's same class.I believe compact sedans often look small or awkward,but I enjoy the design of this car.Granted,it's no Mustang or Bugatti... INTERIOR DESIGN - Great standard features,like backup-cam,USB phone compatability,and Bluetooth Handsfree-Link (which I find more of an inconvinience to use than just putting my phone on speakerphone,so I haven't used it all too much).Overall,I would call the interior "sexy".I like the design on the seats.Interior is nice and quite.Speakers are adequate for most volumes and I only find myself using it at around half-volume (20),but expect speaker distortion and bursting-ear drums from 30-ish to 40(max). Dashboard is elegant and ergonomically designed;however,from the angle I sit at,the steering wheel blocks the speedometer,which would be a major concern if I didn't already know I was speeding(in all seriousness,it is a major design oversight,but if you just move around in your seat,it can easily be overcome).Trunk space is larger than I thought it was going to be,so you shouldn't have a problem transporting anything other than long,unwieldy items,like surfboards. VALUE FOR MONEY - With decent MPG,minimal upkeep,cheap parts (same goes for all Japanese cars),and being a Top Safety Pick+,it's the most bang for your buck you can get. RELIABILITY - I believe it's how the car performs in it's later years that determines how "reliable" it is,so I really can't say.But I haven't had a single problem with it,mechanical or otherwise.

Most reliable car I've owned.

by US Volunteer from Orange County, CA | November 16, 2014

The dashboard is extremely attractive with high-tech design and ease of access. The backup camera is greatly effective, the feature that every driver must have. The legroom is plenty not only front but also in rear. I like the trunk area that can be extended by lowering the rear seat bench.

Car offers best bang for the buck

by Small car economist from Ronkonkoma NY | November 6, 2014

Great car! Handles great! Love the mpg! Trunk space not as bad as I was lead to believe. Radio ok!..

Favorite Car Ever

by Honda lover from Rhinelander WI | October 27, 2014

I recently just purchased my first brand new car from Pat Bougie at Rhinelander Honda. I absolutely love it. It's a 2014 EX Civic. I hate leather and am so pleased with how fancy the EX is and how reasonably priced a nice, new car like this is.

Cheapest build, minimally engineered Civic

by AFK from Oakland, CA | October 26, 2014

I've been driving this vehicle for more than 3 months now. The engine is good at high rpm, but when it comes between 1k-4k, the car barely pulls itself. Interior is made up of cheap plastic. After the 3rd month, I started hearing noise coming from the interior parts. Car's battery dead on 600 miles and got it replaced by the dealer. Driver seatbelt occasionally locks you on the seat (!), and you need to pull the car to a safe place and unplug and plug the seatbelt again to release the lock. Replaced the driver seatbelt last month, the new one is better but still have the same problem. The car is probably the most uncomfortable car I ever drive. When you place your arm on the middle armrest, you cannot reach the steering wheel, so the armrest is not actually an armrest, instead, it is a place to put your stuff inside. Also the armrest is made from very hard material and after placing your arm on it for some time, you start feeling pain. The touchscreen thing in the car is the worst touchscreen device I've ever seen in a car. I can get used to it somehow, but I am sure someone over 40's wouldn't be able to operate it. Interior noise is acceptable, considering the price of the car, but should have been better. Good things about the car: - The car looks good and stylish - When you sell it, you get good value - Keyless driving is engineered very well. You can place the keys in your pocket and never need to take them out. - Our dealership was really professional and kind