1997 Honda CR-V

See Photos & Videos

Overall

1997 Honda CR-V

by Jockames from New England Megalopolis. | May 21, 2013

We purchased our 1997 CR-V about a month ago with 118,000 miles on it. We have put 1000 trouble free miles on the car and are quite pleased with it so far. The seats are not the most comfortable for longer trips but they're not intolerable. The car drives and handles nicely and the fuel economy is around 21-24 for combined mileage. The car has a lot of interior room for us and our 3 boys and a bunch of beach or boat stuff.

awesome

by skippy from JACKSON, WI | November 27, 2012

awesome in snow, very reliable.looking for a newer one just because my legs are long and I fit better in the second generation CR-V.

Clifford, the big red CR-V

by El from SE OHIO | May 28, 2012

Great car! Loved to run up the hills. Loved playing in the snow, never lost traction. Never left me on a country road, didn't mind the terrain. Really, an outstanding dog of a car.

CRV by CIDPUSA

by cidpusa from Walnut , CA | December 27, 2011

I have had the car since 1997 bought it new and have driven it several times on 1500 mile trips and with time the car has accumulated 180,000 miles. Other then changing the tires, battery, shocks , distributor cap and sparkplugs everything else is original. You have to change the v-belt every 100,000 miles. The car still runs like it was new. The first generation of the CRV is just bullet-proof thanks to God. The engine is 2 liters and gives fuel mileage from 23- 29 MPG.

Short Time Owner

by Franny from California | April 28, 2011

I have only owned my Honda CRV for a short time and so far I'm lovin' it. It's not too high for little old ladies to climb into and has plenty of leg room. When I fold the seats down I can cart around all kinds of "stuff" like I like to and the gas mileage has been aroung 24 mpg. I bought it from the Ford Dealer in Fairfield and it was one of the most pleasant experiences I have had buying a car. They didn't try to spin me and I really appreciated them.

great reliable roomy awd crv

by weedpuller from carmel ca. | March 11, 2011

This cute C.R.V. hugs the road and will take you anywhere with no problem. Not luxurious whatsoever, but delivers reliability and value.

Well-built

by Oxymandias from Dublin, Ireland | January 15, 2010

Had just two mechanical faults, admittedly at reasonable mileage (circa 60,000). First was requirement to replace rear bushes on suspension and second was blow-out of top of radiator needing new one. Otherwise, mechanically sound. Driver's seat is uncomfortable on long journeys and road noise is excessive. Very sure-footed in icy conditions though.

Love the way it drives

by Eric from Jefferson,WI | September 21, 2009

Have 97 EX that I bought for $4500 with 145k miles,the awd is awesome in the snow,gets great gas mileage for being awd,normal wear and tear,brakes,stabilizer links,tie rods,I just had it in for an alignment and they told me I needed a new universal joint and honda only makes this part which is $900,I did some checking on my own and found an after market company called rockforddriveline that makes after market universal joints for $35.00 and called them and found a company they sell the parts to,so I had them do the work it saved me $400. Just hope no other major things go wrong.

This is the most reliable car I own

by Cautious Buyer from Texas | December 5, 2007

I love my 1997 Honda CRV! I traded in my Dodge Avenger (don't go Dodge ever!). My ex-brother in-law owned a Honda accord for many, many years and had no problems with it. I also have other friends who own Honda's and now I know why! I Could not have gotten anything even close to the reliability of the CRV for the money. The fold-down back seats are great for hauling off things, as is the AWD. Great drive for a daily car and also good for long trips as well, and shockingly good gas mileage.The only close disappointment has to be that the engine does not have that kick that my avenger had, but it is adequate. Overall this is a great car and I will definitely buy Honda again.

Great for the money

by issa from Sterling, VA | August 4, 2006

I love my 1997 CRV! Could not have gotten anything even close to as functional or reliable for the money. The fold-down back seats are great as is the AWD. Great daily driver as well and shockingly good gas mileage. I only wish the engine were a little bit stronger, but it is adequate. Overall a great car!

Featured Services for this Honda CR-V