1999 Honda CR-V

22 city / 25 hwy

Overall

Dependable and Safe Vehicle

by Very Happy Grandmother from Somerset Ma 02726 | October 22, 2014

My grandson was given a 1999 Honda CR-V in 2011 by his aunt who had been driving it since 1999 with over 185,000 miles on it at that time, We found it to be very dependable needing only routine maintenance. In October of 2014 it had 197,000 miles on it and was still running great. He was in an accident which took him over an embankment and flipped it over 3 times landing it upright. He walked away from what could have been a disaster with only bumps and bruises due to the workmanship of this vehicle. Although when looking at the outside you'd wonder how he survived, but checking out the inside it looked as if it never happened. We will be looking for another vehicle soon an do plan to check out another Honda. Thank you and continue to make safe vehicles for us all

Will Always Own a Honda

by Happy Honda Owner from Clinton, SC | March 13, 2014

My first Honda was a 1986 Honda Pre-lude, followed by a 1991 Honda Accord. My pre-lude was hit by a big truck, and I sold my accord because it became to low for me. Therefore, I went in search of a Honda suv, and in 2006 I found and purchased a 1999 CRV, with only 40k miles on it! The CRV is perfect for me, almost. It is just the right size, the mileage is good, it is very easy to handle, and the space is excellent. However, I am tall, so, if I could change one thing, it would be that the driver's seat could slide back further. Other than that, it is wonderful.

crv good value

by Art from miami,fl | August 18, 2012

Overall great value bought used and very little problems with suv. Little things like clock gas door and paint weak

Love my car!

by lahria from Germantown, WI | June 4, 2012

I bought this Honda Cr-V used. It is a 1999, and it had about 100,000 miles on it. It is the best vehicle i've ever owned! Purrs like a sewing machine, gets great mileage. Best use of space I've ever seen - tons of storage. Handles like a dream, and even being just a 4 cylinder, has the guts to get up and go! Comfy, too. Don't love the cup holders (they are very shallow), but that's the only complaint I have. Body shows zero rust, too, even having been in 13 harsh Wisconsin winters. Not even the undercarriage. Took it to my mechanic for general maintenance (oil change, timing belt check, etc.) and even he was impressed with the vehicle. I see tons of them on the road - now I know why! GREAT vehicle!

Great Reliability and Character

by Rick from Tulsa, OK | May 25, 2012

I love this car! It has character. 242,000 miles and nothing wrong with it. Easy to drive with great visibility for younger new driver. Gas mileage in 24 MPG range, and it looks good. Reliability is a given, its really a fancy SUV CIVIC. Performance is good and practical with enough power to smoothly cruse and accelerate when needed. I even love the cool picnic table in the back! I want another one of these cars!

Fantastic Performance

by CRV Owner from Houston, TX | August 29, 2011

Great car and great reliability. After 12 years the CRV still performed like it was new. Only reason to give it up was that it was getting too small for my family. Otherwise I am sure it would have lasted another 5 years or so.

181,000 miles still run's like new.

by rc is cool dude! from Glenwood, IA | August 4, 2010

this truly is the perfect car. handling,safety,features. nothing fancy just total reliability. look at the resale value on CRV's with over 150,000 miles. enough said?

Excellent Small SUV

by Honda Lover from Dallas, TX | April 19, 2010

Drives and handles like a car. No change from low to high speeds, nor high winds or slick conditions - very solid. Slow acceleration onto highway, but adequate. Decent gas mileage, although poor for a Honda. Interior outstanding for average size to tall person. Collapsible console very handy. No passenger armrest. Picnic table in rear nice feature. This is my 6th Honda - ties for favorite with CRX. Fun to drive, reliable, cheap - highly recommended!

My Trusty CR-V

by luhu from Dallas, TX | March 2, 2010

I've had my '99 CR-V for 6 years now and it hasn't let me down. Originally bought with 60,000 miles on it, and have since put an additional 70,000. I drive it pretty hard with a lot of road trips and speeding and it has been so dependable. I've only had one problem - I had to replace the radiator late last year. Normal tire change and oil change do well for the reliability. Pros: great gas mileage, tons of room for groceries and kid cargo, super safe (I've been in a head-on collision, and was not hurt, thanks to airbag), comfortable ride, good handling with normal Honda pep. Cons: at this point the styling is pretty outdated, but I think back in '99 it was decent. That's really the only con I have.

CR-V just keeps going

by car guy from North Carolina | July 3, 2009

10 years old (135K) and only 1 major complaint. Power door locks. Replaced 3 of 4 so far. $200+ each. This is the only major repair not covered by Honda since the car was new. Had a head problem at 109K but Honda stepped up and took care of it. Car gets good mileage, 21-22 city and 26-28 highway. Only complaint is interior noise at road speeds 55-70mph.

Featured Services for this Honda CR-V