2002 Honda CR-V

See Photos & Videos

Overall

You will never go wrong

by Love my 2002 CRV! from Miami, Florida | March 11, 2014

unexpectanly I bought this car with 35k miles when my daughter was buying a car. I had liked this car before but when I saw it I immediately gave the dealer an offer. The next day I went and bought it and since then I have been a fan forever, I have lots of compliments in the way it drives, is super comfortable inside [even the back seat is higher than normal for better visibility. I have now 101,200 miles and my car is smooth, cute, fun and reliable, I had to replace the a/c compressor, I would buy this car over and over and over again,my neighbor saw my car and he now is a "happy camper" with a brand new 2013 CRV... LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!

Excellent Except for...

by L from Ut | March 7, 2014

55 yr old professional. Have owned this vehicle seven years. It had 60K when I bought it. Now has 150K. Have owned many others with which to compare. This is an excellent car. I have only one complaint in all that time. The interior road noise is just too loud. I dont listen to radios or stereo much anyway. However, this will probably send us toward a volvo xc90 or BMW X3 or similar just to get less noise. Except for noise we would get another one just like it. As far as MPG, it got 28 until about 100K on car and then down to about 22MPG. That is on the highway driving 65. As it gets older, expect slightly less I guess. We do change oil every 3K.

Best SUV I've Owned!

by Jackson from Orlando | August 21, 2013

The 2002 Honda CRV has been the best SUV I have owned. It was redesigned in 200 I believe and this model is a highly sought after car due to it's reliability, handling, and features. The newer model just has not been upgraded to the extent that I would want to upgrade. Never any problems with my '02 and I'll probably keep it for a few more years; until Honda comes up with a better design anyway.

Fun

by Car like from Chicago | May 2, 2013

This car is never afraid when going off. Handling is great and the noise when inside the car is barely heard.

It's like riding on a cloud!

by Lovingtheride from Florid | December 18, 2012

I was looking for a car for over 3 months. I wanted a Honda CRV. I found my car in a car lot as I drove by it. It is pure luxury. The seats are larger than any other car I've had. The back seat has 3 headrests which is nice for the person sitting in the middle. It drives so smooth, handles well and is easy on gas. The car was loved by someone before me that took very good care of it. Thank you Honda for making such a wonderful car.

Never again

by gramps from Arizona | September 18, 2012

Don't get me wrong...This was a very dependable car. The reason I would never buy another honda is that thsi one blew through 3 air conditioning compressers in 175,000 miles. When the compressor goes in a CRV, it implodes and spread fragments throughout the entire AC system. This costs around 2500 dollars a pop. Honda knew about the problem, but ignored it and kept putting the faulty designed AC compressers in the cars for years. I live in the Arizona desert and AC is not a luxury. While the car ran good and ran long, other things take the value away. Dealers are also a ripoff. The electric window regulator broke and the dealer wanted 400 dollars to fix it. I bought the part and did it my self for 60 dollars and it took me a whole hour and a half to do it....and I had never done that before.

Fantastic car

by Erin from Michigan | July 30, 2012

I've had my 2002 CRV for 6 yrs now... Was the 2nd owner; bought at 72000 miles and now have *sigh* 195000!! I feel like I should get something new but this car still runs like a top!! I would drive it across the country tomorrow!! Have done brakes, ball joints and regular oil changes... And it just keeps going. Not the most comfortable car on the road (seats are a little stiff) and there's nothing to fancy on the inside but I cannot speak high enough for the dependability. LOVE this car....

Loved my 2002 CRV

by Honda fan from Akron OHio | July 18, 2012

I had a CRV EX for 10 years and it was a great vehicle. The A/C worked excellent the whole time I owned it. And it plowed through snow like crazy! Very reliable, not real expensive to own. Excellent gas milage even on road trips or full of people/stuff. Easy to zip around town running errands and parking. Would highly recommend a CRV to anyone.

2002 crv

by d from nyc | January 2, 2012

replaced 2001 crv that was totaled. Glad to be back. This has more hp and room than previous model. Not the latest and greatest but just solid dependability

Style could be improved but reliable

by Second time around honda owner from Arlington, TX | October 12, 2010

I have only one criticism: this year model is a bit boxy....the style was improved upon in the later models. Otherwise, car has 97k miles and runs like a charm...very clean and looks like new, event he leather!

Featured Services for this Honda CR-V