2003 Honda CR-V

Available in 3 styles:  2003 Honda CR-V 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

very good car

by kentuckian in sw fla from Fort Myers, Fla | September 11, 2013

My wife bought her 2003 CR-V trading in a Jeep Grand Cherokee (1996) model. We have been very satisfied with the car. No Major problems air sensor was the only repair other than tires, brakes, oil changes. Today I had a tune-up for the first time in 10 years, (97,200 miles) The original spark plugs were still in good condition. Got 62,000 + on original tires. 90,000 + on brakes and they were still good, but I changes the brake pads out of caution. AC still works well even in SOWest Fla.

Need a good car at a good deal.

by Honda lover from Tucson,SX | August 30, 2013

We really wanted a new car with a good deal that gave us flexibility. Not only were we able to get that here but we were also able to get great perks such as a walk through safety inspection. We love our new car and will recommend this dealership to all of our friends.

Wished Honda owned up to actually fixing issues

by Former Honda Owner from Omaha, NE | March 18, 2013

Drove the car for 140,000 miles and went through 2 air conditioning compressors. Honda paid for 90% on the first at 66,000 miles, but the problem with their compressor's is 100% known by them. On the newer CRVs they are sending extending warranty for the compressor instead of owning up to problem and replacing them. They did this on the Odyssey mini van as well with the transmission so they don't have to replace everyones. Then all they do is stick in the same #2 that failed the first time. Honda can claim all they want about reliability, but I never reached the 200,000 mile in a Honda like I have many times in a Toyota, Chevy, Ford and even a Kia.

My CR-V Rocks

by CRV Savior from Fishers, IN | November 29, 2012

I was just looking for a second car with 4-wheel drive to use on snow days, but now I drive this CR-V more than my expensive Sedan. It is not too big and not too small. Fuel economy is not so great but it is a 2003 model, so I don't expect it to be that economical.

Average SUV w Major AC problem

by CRVDriver from Lawrence, KS | May 28, 2012

Beware, the reliability ratings reported for this vehicle are not correct for at least the Heating and Air Conditioning category. There are major, expensive problems with the AC compressor. The design was faulty and many have replaced the compressor multiple times. It is a recurring and very expensive issue. If Honda does the job, they'll want around $3,000 to replace the entire AC, which is what they will want to do for this issue. Outside of this issue, the vehicle is pretty average. Repair costs will be expensive because the engine is crammed in tight and other parts will have to come off to, for instance, replace the water pump, or AC compressor.

Honda CR-V 2003

by L. Wright from Ann Arbor, MI | February 26, 2012

I love the look of this CR-V, and it drives like a dream. I enjoy being able to load things in the rear, and the rear door opens like a regular door. My family was please with the way it drives, the only problem that I have is the all wheel drive, and the cost of tires. I did not know you have to replace all four wheels whenever you need only one new tire. That part is not worth it.

Honda CR-V - Great Buy

by steveattahoe from Lake Tahoe, CA | February 1, 2012

Recently purchased a used 2003 Honda CR-V and so far am very pleased with all aspects of the car. The back seat has more room than my old 4Runner (according to my three kids) and handles great in the snow. I was a bit concerned with the snow, as I reside in the Tahoe area. So far it has not been a problem. The car is very comfortable and has been great.

Reliable and fuel efficent

by Tool Time Tim from indianapolis in | July 13, 2011

The 2003 year was a good year for design changes. It is a Honda, the 4 cylinder engine has power yet gets good gas mileage. Honda cars are designed to last a long time, Honda takes pride in their work.

Honda CRV - 2003

by HONDA FAMILY from Nashville, TN | April 28, 2011

We have a 2003 CRV & a 2008 Civic. We are extremely happy owning Hondas. They are very good on gas, look good, perform well. The engines go on and on. We perchased both cars on cars.com

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by nickname from Albany, NY | February 5, 2011

I have over 70,000 miles now on my 2003 CR-V, and I have not needed corrective maintenance on it yet. Easily the most reliable car I have ever had.

Featured Services for this Honda CR-V