2004 Honda CR-V

Available in 3 styles:  2004 Honda CR-V 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

love this auto

by lum from | September 16, 2013

I purchased this vehicle used with 105000 miles on it. the condition was great. A one owner vehicle and it has been well taken care or. One of my favor features is the rack and pinion steering. This vehicle has a wonderful turning radius and very stable handling.

Loving it

by Honda Girl from Clemmons, NC | February 9, 2013

I've only had this car a week, but I knew I would love it before I bought it. I've been driving Hondas since I was 17 (31 now) and I was hoping to transition into the SUV world with another Honda. I traded performance for reliability, it's not very powerful but driving my kids around town doesn't require horses. I bought it with 80k and I'm hoping it will give me at least another 80!

Finely Tuned Dream

by Hawkeye from Burlington, Iowa | January 16, 2013

I've had a 2004 Honda CRV EX for 6 years and have not had a single problem with it. I bought it used in 2006 with 70, 000 miles. It now have over 165, 000 miles and it still runs perfect. The AWD (All Wheel Drive) is a must with these Iowa winters. I have only done preventative maintenance like oil/filter changes, spark plugs, fuel filter, tires etc. The car will run forever.

Great Vehicle!

by Commuter from Kentucky | December 12, 2012

This is a great vehicle, I own a AWD and have owned it for 13 years and up until this last year have had zero problems. I have done 174 k. I would buy another one in a heartbeat... Great in the snow/rain...

nice CRV

by SUV enthusiasst from San Antonio, TX | December 7, 2012

Read about A/C problems but so far it has been working pretty well with now loss of cooling or probs

I would not suggest this car!

by SarahE from Charlottesville, VA | June 13, 2012

I've had my CRV since I bought it used in 2008 with around 30,000 miles. Now, it's at over 107,000 miles and the compressor just blew. Honda is absolutely zero help, when clearly this is a common problem with these cars. In the economy that we've found ourselves in, I cannot pay $3500 to get this problem fixed, nor can I trade in my car when its trade in value is below $5000 with the compressor gone. Do not purchase a CRV, especially the early ones. Honda knows it has a huge problem with its compressors yet will not fix them unless you have a warranty, which expires at 36,000 miles - a point most drivers would have reached by 2008.

Honda CR-V

by Jim from NJ | May 8, 2012

I own both a 2004 & 2005 Honda CR-V EX. The 04 was made in GB and I have had a number of major problems including 2 A/C units costing over $2000each. I found that this is a common problem on 04-06 Honda CR-V's that Honda refuses to admit that there is a manufactures/design problem. The 05 with the same 93K miles on the car was built in Japan and has had 0 problems.

Good Car

by K from Phoenix | February 15, 2012

I like my CR-V it drives well, reliable, roomy. It meets my expectation and also has great resale value.

Great all-around small SUV

by Kayakgirl from Central NJ | December 30, 2011

Bought the 04 CRV-EX new and after 7yrs /140K miles, it's still a great car. I love my 5spd manual, but am finally ready to move to an automatic. Decent fuel economy (~28mpg) and it's a rugged but comfortable car for longer trips. No major service issues in 7yrs of constant use. Great cargo capacity, we've hauled full loads of firewood and also easily load 2 kayaks on roof.

Great starter car for high school student

by cvfisherman from Castro Valley, CA | December 6, 2011

We finally settled on a Honda CRV, model year 2004. We actually were looking for a model year 2007, but the CRV was so popular that we were priced out of the market. The good news is that the first dealer that I went to called me back 5 weeks later. He had just received a trade in that fit our needs to a "T". I test drove the car and loved it, and bought it right away. I would recommend the All Wheel Drive model if available, because it gives a better feel of the road.

Featured Services for this Honda CR-V