2011 Honda CR-V

21 city / 27–28 hwy

Overall

Great dependable car

by Squally from Sumter, SC | May 4, 2015

This is the third Honda I've owned, first was a 01 Civic LX and the second was a 94 Prelude Si and I'll keep coming back even after my 2011 CRV. I traded in my used 2007 Toyota Rav4 for a new 2011 CRV EX back in November of 2011. It's held up really well and has had no major problems. I get better than advertised gas mileage at around 28mpg with mixed highway and city driving but I'll admit that I'm light on the accelerator because I like to keep the little active mpg gauge as close to 30mpg as possible. I have about 58,000 miles on it right now and maintenance has been as expected so far with routine oil changes at about every 5000 miles. Two most "expensive" maintenance intervals I've had on it so far have been normal wear and tear with tires at 52,000 and a transmission flush and fill at 57,000. Love the interior and exterior styling, feels better designed and higher quality interior trim and paint over the Rav4. Suspension is stiffer then the old Rav4 so the ride isn't as smooth. But it makes up for that by handling better than the Rav4 and the steering feels smooth compared to the Rav4. My only two gripes about my 2011 CRV are the way the seats fold down and the lack of power. The Rav4's seats folded flush with the floor while the CRV's split and fold up so less cargo room overall with the seats down. The back hatch opening also seems lower than the Rav4 making it harder to fit tall objects in the back. The engine makes enough power to get into traffic but leaves room for improvement when it comes to highway passing at speed. I'd like the see Honda throw the turbo 4 cylinder that they have in the RDX in the CRV as an option. Engine runs smooth and quite though, I've had passengers comment that they couldn't even hear the engine both when idle or at cursing speed. Overall I'm happy with my 2011 CRV. Long time Honda fan and while they don't make too many exciting cars anymore they still can make a good everyday driver that feels more refined and well built over Kia and Hyundai.

worst car I have ever owned

by lacyloo from Asheville, NC | April 15, 2015

I bought the Honda CRV 2011 brand new around November of 2010. I was under the impression I was getting a great, safe, and reliable car, but boy I was wrong. This is one of the worst cars I have ever owned. This car only has 68,000 miles on it. (April 2015) The GPS is never correct and always says unverified area. You get maybe 10,000 to 15,000 miles on quality brand new tires. The rear suspension is already out and has to be replaced. The cooling system sometimes wants to work other times it doesn't. ( the motor wont blow air) The passenger door and the rear trunk has to be manually unlocked which is a big pain. It lacks acceleration, and seems to have problem with switching gears at times.The ride is very loud, and bumpy with uncomfortable setting.

Replacement vehicle for my Odyssey

by Hatrickme from Northern New York | September 19, 2014

Purchased this used after researching on Consumer Reports online. It had excellent ratings. So far we love the car. It has a little less bells and whistles then the Odyssey so that has taken some time to get used to. It does not accelerate that well when passing (again I'm comparing it to the Odyssey which had a V6). Overall, this is an awesome car for the money and professional ratings. i would definitely recommend the 2011 model year.

Best Car I've Ever Owned

by rootbear from Severna Park, MD | July 27, 2014

I searched for over 4 months for a replacement for my 1998 CR-V. The 2011 CR-V is the last year for its body style. I have in 3 short weeks that it is the perfect replacement. It has the creature comfort features I was looking for, the additional power I needed, the interior room to carry bulky items, and all without sacrificing good gas mileage.

No regrets

by Honda owner from Columbus, Ohio | June 27, 2014

I bought my SE model AWD in March of 2011. I loved it when I test drove it and never have looked back. I have about 45K on it and I think the mileage has gotten better. Sure the Continentals sucked and didn't last long but all the makers do it. I went through it with my mini van. I now have Michelins and it rides great. The braking is what makes this stand out. This past spring while freeway driving we hit a deer and because of the braking we had no damage. There is no sense looking for speed and power on our roads. During the past winter of 2014 this went through all the snow like a champ. I now have 4 Honda in our family.

LOVE this car

by Honda Enthausiast from Denver, CO | June 11, 2014

I had a Toyota Camry before this, and I enjoyed that car, but I LOVE my CR-V. I have never been happier with a car. I feel much more comfortable in this car and I am truly overjoyed with my choice. I was looking at Rav4 by Toyota the CR-V and the Hyundai Tucson, and after extensive research, this car was by far the best. The mileage is fantastic, i average 24+ in the city and 30+ on the highway. Very reliable and safe. This vehicle is easy to handle and rides smooth. My biggest concern was the lack of power due to the 4 cylinder engine (I came from a V6) but I have not noticed a difference at all.

Great car. Not fast. Not macho. But dependable

by Dad in IL from Illinois | May 8, 2014

This is a great car, and I plan to drive mine for many years. There are fancier cars, more comfortable cars, faster cars, more macho cars. But this package is exactly what this dad needs.

Patience Paid Off

by Patience Pays Off from Orlando | May 6, 2014

Small used car lot beat the dealership used cars. Low overhead saved me money. Took half the time from start to end.

A great car at a resonable price

by Charlie from Sumter, SC | April 17, 2014

I purchased this car with 36,400 miles on it. I had researched the CRV along with the RAV4, Ford Escape and Mazda. Consumer reports magazine rates it as the most comfortable riding car of this group and I concur completely! I purchased a CRV EX-L with Navigation and love it! I did put a new set of Michelin tires on it and it was well worth the $800. I spent. The car runs great, gets excellent gas mileage (28 or road, 22 in town approximately) has plenty of pep and an excellent turning radius. It rides like a car with a much longer wheel base! All in all I rate it as a 10 in all departments!!

love this car

by rachymomma from | April 8, 2014

I purchased my 2011 CRV from Hyannis Honda, I wasn't sure how much I could afford and needed the space for our family with smaller children. My options seemed slim and I needed a reliable car that wouldn't break the bank. I went to Hyannis Honda and was helped by Adam who was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Having a family of his own he understood my situation and was very patient in helping me find the right car for my families needs. I fell in love with this car and it was affordable. This car is a smooth ride and gives us all the room we need. Thank you to Adam and Hyannis Honda for helping my family with great success.