2012 Honda CR-V

Available in 6 styles:  2012 Honda CR-V 4dr AWD shown

Overall

twelth honda

by chris from Stony Brook, NY | June 11, 2015

You read correctly. I've owned 12 different Honda's from 1975 on (all but 3 were used). Our family has 3 CR-V's (04, 06, 12) the 04 has 211,000, the 06 has 180,000 and we just bought the 12 with 38,000) As you can see I maintain them meticulously. Aside from regular maintenence, we don't have any real issues (starters, compressors, but never a water pump!) I personally believe that you get just about the best "bang for the buck" with a Honda. I only wish they provided more horespower for the highway since they cannot seem to find the right gear on a slight incline.

3 years of trouble free service so far

by Tower from Ottawa, ON | February 26, 2015

My parents were looking for a new car to replace our aging Camry and we decided to check out SUVs for the first time due to my dad's back problems. We tried a few and settled on the new CR-V. We got a great deal on it and so far they're loving it. The leather seats are comfy, I do find Honda makes better leather than cloth. I drove it for 2 years before getting my own car. It's a little underpowered on the highway but it's perfect for when my mom runs errands around town and as a family hauler. The ride is pretty good, though not quite as smooth as my 2015 Chrysler 200 (granted, a different vehicle entirely) and the cargo space is great, we love that feature where you fold the back seats by the flick of a switch. The gas mileage has been quite good, mom averages about 30 mpg which is better than what it used to get when I was also driving it. We love the standard backup camera and heated seats as well, my mom is very nervous when backing up so the camera is a godsend for her, especially since we've only had Camrys in this family. We've had absolutely no problems with it and have 45k on it now. We keep cars a long time and run them into the ground so this CR-V should suit my parents fine. It's no funmobile but it wasn't designed that way plus my parents and I are all fairly conservative drivers anyway. If you want something to carve corners I suggest the Ford Escape, Mazda CX-5 or VW Tiguan. I highly recommend the CR-V if you're looking for a small SUV that's reliable, good on gas, has lots of passenger and cargo space and is easy to live with.

Driving Reliable Car

by W AKL from plano,TX | September 23, 2014

- Drive the vehicle before reviewing it. - Many features/options available. check your needs and confirm it is exist. It worth the money you will pay.

Not made for short drivers & not as good as before

by Former CRV Fan from College Station, TX | September 10, 2014

I bought a 2012 CRV when it was new because I really liked the ones that I had before, but I can't wait to get rid of this one. I have been driving it for 2 miserable years. I don't know when the designs changed, but I wish I could have the seat back from my old 2005 model CRV. What I hate about this car is the driver's seat. I am short (5' 2"), and I like to have good posture when I sit. With the bucket seat in this model I can not sit up straight. Also, there is no comfortable position with the head rest. It is designed for a reclined position, and it just shoves my head forward into my chest. I have put a special office chair lumbar support on my seat to avoid the issues. It allows me to sit up straight and not have issues with the head rest. Also, with the seat almost all the way forward and raised; the seat belt latch digs into my thigh. It is not flexible, so I can't push it away. It is still relatively reliable vehicle; although the battery had to be replaced before it was two years old. And no warning either on the battery going bad. No slow starts; just one day I went to start it and it was dead. Also, there was a problem with my brakes. I only had it a year before my brake rotors warped and had to be turned. The mechanic said that I must be a hard braker, but that is not the case. I am the type of driver that likes to coast to slow down and then ease on the brakes before stopping. I do like the gas mileage I get with this CRV, but I miss the ground clearance that I used to have in my old one.

Great Buy

by Bud from Pinehurst, NC | September 8, 2014

I've had this car for about a month and the learning curve continues. The car is stylish and very comfortable. The MPG I've gotten so far in about 1000 miles is just over 26 MPG. I'm still getting used to the navigation as compared to my Garmin that I've used for years. There are pluses and minuses but it has gotten me to where I've needed to go. I appreciate the pending turn list but miss my speed against the posted speed limit feature. The car is roomy and potentially will hold close to what my Odyssey will as long as the seats are folded down. I have yet to add a phone to use the blue tooth feature and haven't tried any of the voice activated features. The information displayed is outstanding. I'd recommend this car to anyone looking for a small SUV.

Total Mom car with no personality but reliablity!

by AmyJ808 from Seattle, Washington | September 6, 2014

I'm really over driving Hondas. They are VERY reliable, however, I noticed since I've been leasing Hondas, I've lacked going on adventures. The cars are very marshmallowee and corner on a 10 acre cloud. I'm not impressed with Honda's lack of personality to their vehicles. Love the reliability of Honda..but aren't all cars supposed to start up when you "start them"? The cars are reliable but UBER BORING. They aren't fun to drive but they are not painful. It's a pleasant experience for any mom or grandma. I'm going to give my CRV to my Mom as a mother's day gift (late, yes..I know) and she can ditch her terrible Subaru she can't stand. If you have owned a real SUV..the CRV will feel like a Barbie car.

electrical problems

by hungrymother from Virginia | August 14, 2014

I've had electrical problems from day 1. After many complaints, the dealer finally changed the computer. This was only after the electrical system went down twice while my wife was out of town. Again it would not start while in my garage and had to be towed in to the dealer. This has happened four or five more times. I have to jump to start and it may be ok for several weeks; then it happens again. I should have bought another CAMRY.

Can't believe how UNCOMFORTABLE seats are....but I

by Cars--review 12crv from Ashland KY area | July 17, 2014

Overall, I am satisfied with my 2012 CRV. But I just can't believe how uncomfortable my seat is--driving any more than a short 15 minute trip is a bit of a dread. I have the ex-l model and like all the technology with this car. I went from a 7-passenger Acadia to this and I personally like the ease of the drive. I did however have buyers remorse after driving it home off the lot on a 1+ hour trip home. Still am just bummed about my new cars uncomfortable seat.

I LOVE my Honda

by Dorothy from Charlotte, NC | May 9, 2014

I got my 2012 Honda CR-V from Hendrick Honda on South Blvd, and I love it! I got a great deal on it, and it's exactly what I wanted. The safety ratings are excellent, so I feel safe knowing that when we add a car seat, all the cargo is protected :).

alternator

by bad luck guy from Oakland, CA | April 21, 2014

I have 2 Honda cars which have been running great that encouraged me to stay with the brand. I bought another CRV in July 2012. I've used this car most on the freeway as well as driving to and from LA several times. Unfortunately, in these few days, the CRV couldn't start. I thought the battery had died out, which I believe the battery shouldn't last for less than 2 years. I turned the car to my mechanic for checking. It was diagnosed that the alternator is bad. The new alternator would cost me more than $600 from the dealer. I am so upset that this has happened to me. I wonder if there's any other CRV owners who have come across with this problem or can offer any advice?